DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Fall 2015

Pete

Newcastle score the first, and looked to be taking a 1-0 lead in to halftime.

Then Sergio Aguero happened

Aguero 42' 1-1

Aguero 49' 2-1 Manchester City

Aguero 50' 3-1 

(De Bruyne 53) 4-1

Aguero 59' 5-1

Aguero 60' 6-1

So, five goals in 18 minutes. Impressive. Not quite a full Lewandowski, but I think a .9 Lewandowski.

USA beating up Cuba in Olympic Qualifying, 5-0.

US qualifies for the semifinal with a win.

Canada will likely need a draw against Cuba in the final stage to get in the semifinal as well.

The final two teams qualify, and third place playoff winner goes into a qualifier

Abramovich was in the stands looking fed up.

Sky Sports dude asks Mourinho an innocuous question, he rambles on for 7 fucking minutes with Sky Sports dude holding the mic up for him the entire time thinking 'Jesus fuck, hurry up, my arm's killing me here' but basic gist of the Triple-H-opening-Raw-circa-2003 monologue was basically 'I'm a cunt.'

On Match of the Day, he repeats the same point about the refs being afraid to give Chelsea decisions and MOTD dude goes 'k but what about the two penalties Southampton should have got?' and Mourinho's all 'yeah, I'm not answering that' and walks off.

Meanwhile, another guy's sitting at home watching the whole thing and is all:

Klopp.jpg

All in all, if you dislike Chelsea (and you should), it was quite a good day.

• Like 1

Manchester United, you had exactly one goddamn job all season. One job!

Meanwhile Swansea 2-2 Tottenham. I can take Spurs managing a draw on the road against the best team in the Premier League.

Andros Townsend is one of those players that you always have to defend him existing to fans of other teams that make fun of your team.

Manchester United, you had exactly one goddamn job all season. One job!

Meanwhile Swansea 2-2 Tottenham. I can take Spurs managing a draw on the road against the best team in the Premier League.

Andros Townsend is one of those players that you always have to defend him existing to fans of other teams that make fun of your team.

Chin up, at least Kane found himself back on the score sheet.

• Like 1

Oh, wow. I think it's the right move, I'm just surprised because he was so assured of himself (shocking! I know!) after the match. A real mixed bag here, as I felt he started to right things in his first season, getting LFC to play good football even if it didn't come off all the time. Second season was my favourite season as a LFC supporter (yeah, I've only been on the train since the '05-'06 season, so '08-'09 is the only real competition) and had the team playing some of the prettiest football you'll see in England. Then last season happened. I would have put everything I owned on him getting the boot after Stoke 6 - 1 Liverpool. In hindsight, it would've been the right move as we pissed away another summer and are in a deep hole to begin the campaign.

Gerrard wrote that he's an excellent man manager but not a great tactician, basically the mirror opposite of Benitez. From the outside looking in, he's always seemed a competent tactical coach because he's so flexible (perhaps too much so) and he tried to reinvent himself strategically roughly 4 or 5 times during his stay. Some of the man management stuff wasn't too great (again, looking on from the outside). But, the only thing that really matters are results and they've been piss poor since the United match last spring.

More than one journalist has said that little motorcycle riding piece of shit Ian Ayre has been pushing against the idea of Jürgen Klopp, Liverpool manager. He'd fit us like a glove (Klopp, not shitbum Ayre)! I hope they look at the transfer committee too.

Yeah, I think one of the problems (amongst quite a few) Rodgers had was that a lot of Liverpool fans are sitting back thinking well, shit, Klopp and Ancelotti are out there twiddling their thumbs waiting to walk into a big job like that and would both be better than what they have already.

Shit, almost certainly, I'd take Ancelotti over Van Gaal at United.

Speaking of, were United playing today?