DVDVR Message Board

KING OF TRIOS 2015

I wonder how that final went over with NJPW officials. There've been a lot of issues with CMLL guys and by extension NJPW guys working with AAA guys so I wonder if CMLL threw a fit over their partners guys working with their competitions guys.

I wonder how that final went over with NJPW officials. There've been a lot of issues with CMLL guys and by extension NJPW guys working with AAA guys so I wonder if CMLL threw a fit over their partners guys working with their competitions guys.

But NOAH, which is owned by NJPW now, is still booking Bengala, who is also a AAA guy.

• 1 month later...

There's no all-encompassing CHIKARA thread so I'll put this here.  I went to my first CHIKARA show back in June, driving three-plus hours to meet an online friend in Indianapolis.  In a few days, I'll be embarking on a full-fledged excursion to attend all four CHIKARA shows this coming weekend.  Should be fun...haven't had a legitimate vacation in so long.

• Like 1

It's a lot of fun for what it is...not something to take too seriously with regards to its characters.  Easy to see how more old-school fans wouldn't care for it.  This coming weekend will definitely be an education for me.

The weekend was quite an adventure; hadn't had that kind of extended trip...well, ever.  A few names were absent from the weekend like Silver Ant, Amasis, most of DevCorp, Batiri, etc.  The fans were definitely "clued in" to the storylines and goings-on, even at first-time venues.  Fan interaction was a highlight, including El Hijo Del Ice Cream chasing down a guy in Minneapolis for yelling out "DIPPIN' DOTS!"

• Like 1

The weekend was quite an adventure; hadn't had that kind of extended trip...well, ever.  A few names were absent from the weekend like Silver Ant, Amasis, most of DevCorp, Batiri, etc.  The fans were definitely "clued in" to the storylines and goings-on, even at first-time venues.  Fan interaction was a highlight, including El Hijo Del Ice Cream chasing down a guy in Minneapolis for yelling out "DIPPIN' DOTS!"

I'm glad to read not only that El Hijo Del Ice Cream is still around, but that he did this.  I remember seeing his team years ago and they were hilarious.

One of Sunday's highlights was Hijo and Blind Rage locking up in a test of strength, ending up outside the ring, and grappling all the way around the building and even outside for a bit before finally making their way back into the ring(still knuckle-locked).  That was practically the entire match as Hijo got the small package pin not long after that.

• 1 month later...