DVDVR Message Board

KING OF TRIOS 2015

What's everyone's opinion of the best KOT? Or at least your favorite?

I admit that I'm particularly interested in "Mushroom Jones'" answer...

I love the BDK matches from 2010, when the Colony beat the BDK "B-team" the crowd went crazy!

2011 was where the non-tourney matches were the real standouts (Generico vs. Waltman, etc.)

The finals of 2012 (Mantis finally winning the big one) and the overall performance of the Bucks, Bennett and Maria holds a special place in my heart

2012 does have one of the funniest moments I've ever had after a wrestling show.  The Submission Squad missed the show due to travel issues, then showed up after their match.  As I was leaving Easton to get back on I-78 to go home, I got to a fork in the road and there's a car up on a jack and the submission squad trying to change their tire.  I laughed my ass off for a couple miles on the way home.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I'm home and have stable internet, I'll post the full results in spoilers and then just give my general thoughts on  my first ever Chikara show:

Night 1:

1) United Nations defeated Team ATTACK!
2) Team Fight Club Pro defeated die Bruderschaft des Kreuzes
3) The Arcane Horde defeated Crown and Court
4) Devastation Corp defeated the bWo
5) Bsttleborn defeated Dasher's Dugout
6) The Bullet Club defeated Battlehive
7) The Nightmare Warriors defeated The Snake Pit
8) Team AAA beat The Gentleman's Club

Night 2:

1) Jaka beat Ashley Remington

2) Team Fight Club Pro beat The United Nations

3) Rey De Voladores Elim #1: Shynron beat Amasis, 2 Cold Scorpio and Matt Cross

4) Team AAA beat The Nightmare Warriors

5) 3.0 and NRG beat Flying Francis and The Colony Extreme Force

6)  The Bullet Club beat Battleborn

7) Rey De Voladores Elim #2: Mark Andrews beat Mascara Purpura, Ophidian and Pinkie Sanchez 

8) Dev Corp beat the Arcane Horde

Night 3:

1) Team AAA defeated Dev Corp

2) The Bullet Club beat Team Fight Club Pro

3) Crown and Court beat The Gentleman's Club

4) Tag Team Gauntlet: Pinkie Sanchez/Noken won a 7 team gauntlet

5) Heidi Lovelace beat The Proletariat Boar of Moldova in a Young Lions Cup match

6) Rey de Voladores final: Mark Andrews beat Shynron

7) Team AAA beat The Bullet Club to win the King of Trios

The whole weekend was super fun.  I think Night 1 was the best in terms of the number of really good matches, but Night 3 killed it with the three trios matches.  There was some stuff going on that I really had no clue about since I don't religiously follow Chikara (the thing with Killer Kevin and Missile Assault Man in particular) but you could sort of fill in the blanks if you put your mind to it.

Team AAA was just amazing and worth the drive to see themselves, but all the teams really gave it their all.  Fenix was the star of the whole weekend though, even with his faux pas.  You could tell he was giving it his all and in a weekend of Superkick parties his kicks were on a whole different level.  Team Attack Pro was fun too in a Big Japan Strongstyle way, their match with the Bullet Club was a blast live.

I would definitely make the trip again if they have another amazing weekend like this.

• Like 2