DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - AUGUST

DEAN

the Red Sox could flip some surplus bats for some more starting pitching. Or sign more free agents that don't have an obvious spot.

For all we know, the Red Sox and Padres could end up making an offseason deal to address their various obvious problems. Make some deal like James Shields to Boston (Padres seem to be dangling Shields really quickly since Preller might be the Vince Russo of GMs) and some SS/CF from Boston to San Diego. Not Bogaerts or Betts because they're 22, but somebody closer to Jackie Bradley Jr or Brock Holt to San Diego. Presumably there'd be a toxic contract swap involved on the side. But San Diego doesn't have a shortstop or centerfielder. Boston has a bunch of mediocre starting pitching.

Boston fucked up on the starting pitching front by not aggressively pursuing Lester and/or Scherzer. Panda and Hanley have both turned out giant money pits that Cherington should be fired for every pursuing. Brock Holt could have replaced Middlebrooks at third with no problem and Hanley has yet to grasp how to actually play in the outfield. 

Honestly, the two teams that had the loudest off-seasons (Red Sox, Padres) both screamed to me of a team paying tons of money not to actually fix anything. Red Sox hole was pitching, so they pay for Hanley Ramirez and Pablo the Morale Murderer. San Diego has an awful infield and tried to improve the team (and failed) by revamping the OF. Not sure when teams will learn to target actual needs in the off-season, cause man.

I once thought trading for Pap would be a good idea if someone could reign in his dickhead behavior. I'm glad that didn't happen...even if Rondon and Strop look like Carlos Marmol half the time.

Well to be fair - the problem isn't so much Pap's performance

It's that A) The Nats have no fucking leads to protect and B.) they totally ruined Drew Storen who completely imploded after being moved out of the closer spot

MLB and FOX appear like they will be able to reach a deal

15 clubs to have local streaming for their games next year

The teams would be (since FOX holds their local media rights)

■ Atlanta Braves

■ Cincinnati Reds
■ Cleveland Indians
■ Texas Rangers
■ Detroit Tigers
■ Kansas City Royals
■ Los Angeles Angels
■ Miami Marlins
■ Milwaukee Brewers
■ Minnesota Twins
■ New York Yankees
■ Arizona Diamondbacks
■ San Diego Padres
■ St. Louis Cardinals
■ Tampa Bay Rays

To reiterate, because some people on the internet are stupid...

THIS DOES NOT MEAN LOCAL BLACKOUTS ARE GONE.

If you do not get the RSN on your cable package, you still can't stream the team's games. Those people in Iowa blacked out of the Twins and Brewers? You still can't watch the Twins and Brewers. Now, if you live in Arizona, have a cable package with FS Arizona, and want to watch the Diamondbacks online...go right ahead.

Really amazes me how people read this and think all of the Fox regional games will be streaming for everyone now. Doesn't work that way.

If you do not get the RSN on your cable package, you still can't stream the team's games. Those people in Iowa blacked out of the Twins and Brewers? You still can't watch the Twins and Brewers. Now, if you live in Arizona, have a cable package with FS Arizona, and want to watch the Diamondbacks online...go right ahead.

Really amazes me how people read this and think all of the Fox regional games will be streaming for everyone now. Doesn't work that way.

Aren't there some areas that can get different FSN cause I know durning the NBA season I can from time to time can see OKC games

I'm a little confused by this then. Isn't the issue that a person lives in a particular team's market, but can't stream the game because theoretically, that person should just watch it on their cable provider's channel that shows those games? So is this something like HBO Go, where you have to choose your cable provider, then login to your online account with that provider to verify that you should be able to watch the games online?

I'm a little confused by this then. Isn't the issue that a person lives in a particular team's market, but can't stream the game because theoretically, that person should just watch it on their cable provider's channel that shows those games? So is this something like HBO Go, where you have to choose your cable provider, then login to your online account with that provider to verify that you should be able to watch the games online?

It's like all of the other authenticated login services (WatchESPN, Fox Sports Go, NBC Live Extra) that sports networks use. Doesn't benefit cord cutters at all since they don't have cable subscriptions to log in with. The issue this corrects is "I can watch this game on TV but can't stream it online". For example, if you live in Atlanta and want to watch the Braves, you can't watch them on your tablet/laptop/phone/whatever and watch something else on the TV.

People that are blacked out of teams they shouldn't be blacked out of are still blacked out of those teams. This has nothing to do with that issue, and MLB is in no rush to correct that.

When all of the RSNs get on board, it'll be a lifesaver for someone like me, who has *four* RSNs on my cable package but can only watch one at a time. If I want to watch the Pirates and Orioles at the same time, tough shit.

When all of the RSNs get on board, it'll be a lifesaver for someone like me, who has *four* RSNs on my cable package but can only watch one at a time. If I want to watch the Pirates and Orioles at the same time, tough shit.

We have MASN 1/2 AND "HTS" on our cable, but actually live in the Wilmington Media Market, which is part of Philadelphia media market. But we also have philly channels so we could watch OTA phillies games on 17 or 15 (or whomever shows them now).