DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - AUGUST

DEAN

Deadspin has a great article on perhaps the most ridiculous game I've ever watched - the night the 116-win Seattle Mariners blew a 12-0 and 14-2 lead to lose 15-14.  I watched a ton of Mariners games that year - they were incredibly good, they had Ichiro, and they just did everything...right.  Didn't lose 3 straight games all year.  Didn't lose a single series all year.  Ichiro hit like .500 with RISP.  Amazing stuff.  And, yet, there in the middle of the season - blowing a 12-0 lead.  

Anyway, the article is great.

"scrappy underdog Yankees", in the immortal words of Mr. Whiteside, "I may vomit!"

The scrappy underdog Yankees continue to find ways to win despite the endless chorus of naysayers that have dogged the team since before the season even started.  If you aren't inspired by these plucky Yanks you aren't paying attention.

Yes, those "scrappy underdogs" with the $217 million payroll. It's like calling the USA a plucky underdog in a war against Guadeloupe....

Super pumped for the Jays-Yankees series this weekend. Even people who don't normally talk baseball around here are fired up.

• Like 1

If the Jays take 2 or 3 in the Bronx...damn the Rogers Centre is gonna be ridiculous next weekend!

Yes hopefully little Ted Rogers sees when a major talent infusion is made into the team people show up and eyes are on the TV.  1.5 million people roughly watched David Price's first start double the viewers of opening day

Apparently, the Man in White stories are back.

Perfect plan. Stick a guy 400+ feet away from the catcher, with no apparent magnifying equipment and wearing white at a home game (no one ever wears white at home games). Sorry opposing teams, there's nothing you can do to combat such an airtight plan.

Starlin Castro is practically persona non grata now. It looks like he's been benched indefinitely. The theory I saw, which I tend to agree with, was that he was kept in games as much as he was to see if he could turn it around somewhat and see if someone would claim him. No one did, so now Theo, Jed and Maddon have benched him. Addison Russell played SS in place of Starlin last night and the result was solid play, including two plays that should land him on the top plays of the week.

And hey yo Kyle, drop English right about NOW:

55c43c1765f4d.image.jpg