DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - AUGUST

DEAN

yeah, you'd think Toronto could make the playoffs if their sign stealing guy was good at his job. I just find the whole theory hilarious more than anything. Especially since teams have gone into multiple-sign mode with nobody on base in Toronto.

It's fair and accurate to just say the Blue Jays see the Ball very well in their stadium.

But the point stands, if you don't work inside v. Toronto, you get destroyed. This isn't softball.

I want little league players to face a MLB team on a little league field and see what happens. The deaths due to line drives alone would be astronomical.

I want little league players to face a MLB team on a little league field and see what happens. The deaths due to line drives alone would be astronomical.

Matt Holliday still couldn't make it to first without Nash-ing a quad.

Though I would love to see Molina vs. Hamilton with 60 foot base paths.

Looks like Lucia isn't the only one who hated the Marlins trade:

The alarm bells rang in New York this week not because of the behavior of the Dodgers, but because of the behavior of the Marlins. The players’ union has renewed its scrutiny of the Marlins’ operations after this week’s three-way trade, in which Miami traded players and a draft pick to shed salary, with the return limited to low-level minor leaguers. The Dodgers are covering 25% of the Marlins’ player payroll this season.

Combine that with this lovely quote from the Marlins President:

#Marlins' Mike Hill: “I would hope our fans are educated enough to see what we’re doing here.”

sigh

KPojAAS.gif

Last week there was a rumor with an extremely short half-life on Twitter that there was a recording of Loria saying some racist shit. The rumor barely lived for more than a few hours of that particular day. As sad as it is, I found myself wishing that were true. In a perfect world, the Rays would have higher attendance, while Loria gets booted and the Marlins move to Montreal. 

EDIT: I have no idea why I spelled Loria as Soria.

So David Price's first start was an event. Sold out Skydome, didn't allow a baserunner after the 4th, 2nd most strikeouts by a pitcher in their Jays debut. Got out of a bases-loaded, no outs, jam with a couple strikeouts and a really nice play by Tulowitzki on a ball that looked like it was gonna drop in no man's land. Hustled the ball back into the infield too, preventing anyone from advancing, even though he was in short center by that point and his momentum was taking him backwards.

Huge week with the Twins and Yankees series.

It's starting to sink in, that with the addition of Revere and Tulowitski, there aren't many easy outs and just how dangerous they are with Revere hitting at 9th. He gets on, then you have him causing distractions on the bases and Tulo/Donaldson/Bautista/Edwin to deal with. That is just no fun for opposition pitchers.

I'd like to see them make the post-season just to see what kind of damage they could do and they're a lot of fun to watch. That series with the Royals was amazing.

Plus we play the Yanks 13 more times. And 6 times in the next 2 weeks. Like I said before...the next couple months are gonna be alot of fun for Blue Jays fans. And re: pitching I really like Price/Buehrle / Dickey / Hutch/ Estrada as our 5, especially if Hutch gets alot of home starts. And the pen is pretty solid, especially if we get to Sanchez/Osuna for the 8/9th innings.

To be serious though - part of the reason it's not "easy" is the Jays also have to fight off the Os and Rays

So the Yanks could collapse but its not assured the Jays would be the team to catch them

I hope the Blue Jays and Yankees both tank out of spite.

Aw, you should be supporting the Jays. Their moves of the last week should be bringing up warm memories for you.

01brewers.190.jpg

Hey gang, remember when CC Sabathia was fat and awesome, instead of really fat and terrible?