DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - AUGUST

DEAN

Apparently, it didn't matter - as long as the runners reach home and first successfully, the game is over. But then again, there were two rules that could have been applied in this situation, and both had conflicting accounts, soooo.....

Ichiro is 91 hits from 3,000.

How close can he get this year?

I figure he'll get within 45-50.1-2 and 2 BB today. When is Stanton due back? He'll play damn near every day until then.

He was a no-doubter like 3 years ago, I'm not sure it was necessary to keep playing and crapping all over his career batting average.

So the Tigers promoted Dave Littlefield as their VP of Player Development.  Pirate fans are pointing and laughing,

Meanwhile Rippa and I are peeing ourselves since his wiki page seems to have been written by a Pirates fan with more rage than even us.

won't have to worry about Littlefield trading Robbie Ray for Shane Greene. He'd go all the way and acquire Ian Kennedy for Anthony Gose.

Ichiro is 91 hits from 3,000.

How close can he get this year?

I figure he'll get within 45-50.1-2 and 2 BB today. When is Stanton due back? He'll play damn near every day until then.

He was a no-doubter like 3 years ago, I'm not sure it was necessary to keep playing and crapping all over his career batting average.

His career BA is still .315 and OPS is .766. Not too bad yet.

the starting pitcher that could keep Toronto out of first place today is Oakland starter Aaron Brooks. He made one start for Kansas City at Toronto

Brooks start v. Toronto last May, in summary form: Walk, HBP, Double (1-0), Walk, Single (2-0), HBP (3-0), Ground Rule Double (5-0), Walk, GIDP, Single (6-0), Single (7-0). 7 runs given up 2/3rds of an inning.