DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - AUGUST

DEAN

That Schwarber kid ain't half bad. I know they just said it'll be a while before Baez is called up but he was sent down to work on his hitting and he's improved quite a bit glancing at his stats.

Jays are just crushing the ball and I don't see that ending any time soon. The pitching being absolutely lights out, sure! At least they're picking up wins while the getting is good.

At first glance, Javy Baez's stats make it look like he turned a corner, but the same issues are present. The small sample size also contributes to making it look like Baez has turned a corner. It's possible he could have, though. He has settled down his movement before the pitch and his swing is more compact, which should lead to less of Javy taking a knee on his swings. The other issue he had from before was never swinging at the first pitch and guess hack swinging on the second pitch. It's too early to tell if that has been corrected or not.

As fun as the Pirates are to watch every other day of the season, they can fuck right off in these last couple of days. CHC handles SF in 3 straight and these goddamn Bucs stop LAD from putting some space in between them. 

As fun as the Pirates are to watch every other day of the season, they can fuck right off in these last couple of days. CHC handles SF in 3 straight and these goddamn Bucs stop LAD from putting some space in between them. 

Giants vs Dodgers for the West shall be settled head to head, as the baseball gods intended.  The true pennant race is dead (and year-round interleague play dances on the grave like a mascot on a dugout roof) but at least this way we can squint our eyes and pretend.  It's high time the Yanksox got pushed out of the rivalry limelight anyway.

It's going to be really fucked up if the Pirates and Cubs both finish with their best records in years and still don't win the division. Even crazier is if the Cards, pirates and Cubs wind up with the three best records in baseball.

Best three records won't happen unless the Royals get hit by a bus. Best *two*? Yeah, that could still happen.

Seven NL teams fighting for five spots. In the AL, it's more like ten teams, but the five teams I'm arbitrarily calling out of it can absolutely wreck some shit over the final two months. What a meat grinder.

Giants vs Dodgers for the West shall be settled head to head, as the baseball gods intended.  The true pennant race is dead (and year-round interleague play dances on the grave like a mascot on a dugout roof) but at least this way we can squint our eyes and pretend.  It's high time the Yanksox got pushed out of the rivalry limelight anyway.

Oh, I agree completely, but can you blame a guy for wanting a little breathing room? The way the bullpen has been performing since late May or so has me super nervous about how these last 52 games are going to go.

Mets stumble but Nats lose as well. Will be at Citi on Friday, been enjoying going to Mets games this season. It's nice still having a season in August for once.

Also go Jays! Would love to see RA in the playoffs, especially at the Yank's expense.

Well at least I have the Nats cratering to keep me happy

If that continues than I can live with the Yankees winning the east and we both can be happy.

Blue Jays pay-roll isn't THAT low. Right around the middle. The Pirates on the other hand are nice and cheap. Cheer on the Astros if you're going by this standard.

Blue Jays pay-roll isn't THAT low. Right around the middle. The Pirates on the other hand are nice and cheap. Cheer on the Astros if you're going by this standard.

The Jays aren't even middle - they are Top 10

But let him have his narrative :-P

The Jays aren't the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, Angels etc. The Jays may be top 10 now, but this is after years of trying to compete in the AL East against teams with 3x our payroll. So yeah, it definitely feels good to shut down and sweep the Yankees in the Bronx...and hoping for more of the same next weekend!

Meanwhile, we almost had a Fred Merkle Double Play yesterday.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/142241418/reds-lose-after-confusing-walk-off-ending

I think if they'd started with 3rd and gone all the way around the horn they might have gotten it.

At least no one will learn their lesson from this since it didn't actually blow up in the D-Backs face, so some alert fielder/oblivious runner can still make this happen. In a big game where it becomes instantly (in)famous, with any luck.