DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

TMZ identified the suspect as Armando Montalvo. The above TMZ link has a video that Montalvo made showing him ranting about AJ Lee and taking a dump in a bucket. Disturbed is putting it lightly.

Sounds like an AJ fan.

Ah, and we used to be friends Vic. I'm wounded.

• Like 2

Vince Russo has posted a new blog entry discussing WWE’s booking of Bray Wyatt. Here is what he had to say:

Good Lord, can you imagine the stuff Russo would have Wyatt doing if he were writing the show.  Think Vampiro in WCW but worse...  It would be glorious.  Just week after week of Wyatt kidnapping people, leaving them in the swamp, brainwashing people, new Wyatts out the wazoo. 

That all sounds pretty fucking cool.. 

• Like 1

He also smeared shit and urine on the outside of the PC.

So the guy is doing a GG Allin gimmick?
He should have gone all the way in the GG tribute and died of a heroin OD outside the performance center.

If he lives, there's still time.

TMZ identified the suspect as Armando Montalvo. The above TMZ link has a video that Montalvo made showing him ranting about AJ Lee and taking a dump in a bucket. Disturbed is putting it lightly.

Sounds like an AJ fan.

Ah, and we used to be friends Vic. I'm wounded.

You're just misguided. 

"Unfortunately a deranged individual with no WWE affiliation, who had a court order prohibiting him from being on WWE property, was involved in an incident with an Orange County Sherriff's deputy in the parking lot of the WWE Performance Center. We defer to the Orange County Sherriff's department for further comment and information."

WWE statement.

Chyna?

This was my first thought, as well. 

Clearly if you're going to stand outside the performance center holding up a boombox playing Peter Gabriel, "Family Snapshot" is a poor choice.

Sledgehammer would have been my choice.

They'd be doing that if they were trying to serenade Cesaro.

Part of the creative process is proofing your own work. Obviously personal bias is one thing, and you have editors for reasons, but if you can't tell the difference between a brilliant idea and a Judy Bagwell-on-a-pole match, your ability to function in a creative position is limited.

Part of the creative process is proofing your own work. Obviously personal bias is one thing, and you have editors for reasons, but if you can't tell the difference between a brilliant idea and a Judy Bagwell-on-a-pole match, your ability to function in a creative position is limited.

That's why Vince Russo is the epitome of a person who belongs on a committee or at least reporting to someone. 

Russo vouching for him is an awful indictment of Bray as a character.

It's fun to shit on Russo but he created some characters that got VERY over. 

Yeah it should be more like, "the fact the even Russo realizes what's wrong here is an indictment of WWE creative"...

• Like 1

If you told me when I woke up this morning that I'd be ending my day watching a YouTube video of a guy taking a shit in a bucket, then dumping that bucket of shit on the WWE Peformance Center while the NWO Wolfpac music plays, I'd have said you were crazy, but here we are. I truly hope the guy gets the help he needs-- this could have been much, much worse. Hopefully AJ and/or any other performer he's obsessed with can sleep a little easier tonight.

If you told me when I woke up this morning that I'd be ending my day watching a YouTube video of a guy taking a shit in a bucket, then dumping that bucket of shit on the WWE Peformance Center while the NWO Wolfpac music plays, I'd have said you were crazy, but here we are. I truly hope the guy gets the help he needs-- this could have been much, much worse. Hopefully AJ and/or any other performer he's obsessed with can sleep a little easier tonight.

Now they only have to worry about people posting gifs of their asses on the net. :)

Russo vouching for him is an awful indictment of Bray as a character.

It's fun to shit on Russo but he created some characters that got VERY over. 

I would venture the over characters he created owe a lot to that period of wrestling (Val Venis, as a character, would not exist, much less thrive in any other era than the Attitude era), and I'd suggest he created way more career-killing characters than decent over ones: 'The Fat Chick Thriller', 'That 70s Guy', 'Meat', 'Key, the wrestling drug dealer' etc. etc.

Vince Russo has posted a new blog entry discussing WWE’s booking of Bray Wyatt. Here is what he had to say:

Good Lord, can you imagine the stuff Russo would have Wyatt doing if he were writing the show.  Think Vampiro in WCW but worse...  It would be glorious.  Just week after week of Wyatt kidnapping people, leaving them in the swamp, brainwashing people, new Wyatts out the wazoo. 

That all sounds pretty fucking cool.. 

I take it you haven't watched the Sting-Vampire Graveyard Match in a while...

That's why Vince Russo is the epitome of a person who belongs on a committee or at least reporting to someone. 

The best analogy I heard about Russo was from someone recapping the Monday night shows back when his WCW tenure was in the midst of falling on its face - they described him as the offensive coordinator that was part of a highly competent coaching staff of a winning team who was then hired to be the head coach of a losing team with none of the previous talented coworkers to help be part of the overall effort.