DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

Re: the Diva's title. It would actually be a nice long term storyline to have women keep trying to break the length of AJ's reign. It would add a little extra drama to each defence that would only ramp up over time. But that would require WWE putting AJ over for an extended period of time and that won't happen.

Wouldn't that be an extremely long term storyline? It would require a series of near-year long title reigns. 

Re: the Diva's title. It would actually be a nice long term storyline to have women keep trying to break the length of AJ's reign. It would add a little extra drama to each defence that would only ramp up over time. But that would require WWE putting AJ over for an extended period of time and that won't happen.

Wouldn't that be an extremely long term storyline? It would require a series of near-year long title reigns.

And that's why I don't have the book, brother. Too much patience.

I wasn't thinking of KotR, although the period where it seemed to be passed around like a championship is a thought.

In any event, I had counted Bret as having come back, meaning he was in the company when the ECW title was there.

Bret is disqualified because of the European Championship anyway.

Wasn't the European Championship created after Montreal?

I wasn't thinking of KotR, although the period where it seemed to be passed around like a championship is a thought.

In any event, I had counted Bret as having come back, meaning he was in the company when the ECW title was there.

Bret is disqualified because of the European Championship anyway.

Wasn't the European Championship created after Montreal?

No it was April of 97, Shawn was champion going into Montreal.

Damn. Pedro Morales had a 1-day reign as tag champ with Bob Backlund, (it got vacated because Backland was WWF champ,) IC champ, and WW(W)F champ.

I think even this one is suspect. Wasn't Pedro around when the North American title was active?

Any idea what this Meltz tweet is referring to? Why would his status change?

For those asking about Barrett, according to WWE there is no change in his status.

Rumblingz have it that he might drop the King gimmick for something new. Cause, y'know, gimmick #20 will be the winner.

For those asking about Barrett, according to WWE there is no change in his status.

Rumblingz have it that he might drop the King gimmick for something new. Cause, y'know, gimmick #20 will be the winner.

Can we just bring back the Nexus? That was actually working!

• Like 1

You guys like RVD and have no time for Greg Valentine. What has the world come to?

Well, RVD is the good kind of stoner. Weed enhances his performance. Greg Valentine is the angry drunk no one wants to be around at the family BBQ.

Also with Barrett going to film a movie apparently, why does the WWE insist on "creating an injury" or something else to write people off. Again it's the reality era. I'd make an angle out of it where deep down in the perks of winning the King Of The Ring, Barrett got a movie from the WWE Studio. It's just dumb when on tv they play it up that "so and so is out because of this person" but we'll end up reading a press release announcing a movie role.

You mean Dolph Ziggler didn't have his throat crushed and he made a movie with Kane who didn't have a broken leg? I'll be darned.

I thought the stuff with Ziggler and Kane was perfectly fine. It's a good way to try and enhance the guy who is staying and give the guy who is gone making a movie something to immediately jump back into. The only problem with that whole "Ziggler's throat got crushed" angle is that they didn't go all the way and make Dolph permanently mute on WWE TV.

Of course that might have done too much to encourage the "Rusev is a babyface" crowd. I know I would have never stopped cheering him.

• Like 1

Can we just bring back the Nexus? That was actually working!

How about pairing up Barrett with court jester Heath Slater?