DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

This far out, the polling numbers don't mean a whole lot.

I agree there..  Dr. Ben Carson has been looking good lately but does anyone really believe he'll be around when this shit kicks into high gear. I don't. 

Back to Trump,  maybe it's me but I actually do believe that these supporters of his are very real.

Wow, the WWF back then could always be counted on some random as hell booking.

I saw this posted on Reddit. Recap of Greg Valentine on some podcast. He doesn't like womens rasslin.

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine took part in a live podcast this weekend for the View from Filsinger Games Headquarters. During the Q&A portion, he randomly brought up his views on women's wrestling ... saying, “As far as girl wrestling, I would send them all out to the strip bar and fire ’em.”

Some other quotes: “I’d fire every girl wrestler I ever saw. They don’t draw any money, they have horrible matches. Uh … they’re terrible. That’s the way I feel.” “They take away jobs from men that need to support their families. They should be home washing dishes and cooking and pregnant and barefoot.”

“I love women … but they gotta realize their place. They’re not supposed to be wrestlers. They’re not supposed to be MMA fighters or boxers. It’s bullshit.”

That part of the interview starts a little after the 40 minute mark:

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/3/e/d/3edc9c896f9c8ba7/TheViewAtWGF.mp3?c_id=9650865&expiration=1440197515&hwt=7814e0c19531160ac08ba277afa070e9

Personally, I think the WWE is missing the boat with this "revolution" by not having an Andy Kaufman he-man woman hater as a mouth piece for some of the other Divas. In Greg's defense, he probably had to deal with Moolah so that would make anyone hate women wrestlers.

• Like 1

Notwithstanding that this sort of sexist drivel is dumb no matter who says it, Greg Valentine saying this is extra funny because I always thought him to be a waste of space every time he was on screen. I know most folks like his work, but to me, this dude has no room to talk about other wrestlers not being watchable.

• Like 1

Did anyone ever do a Stevie Ray Von Erich gimmick where they came out to Scuttlebuttin' and when they did the claw they did like a guitar solo on the other dudes face and made an expression like they just snorted a bumblebee?

• Like 4

I saw this posted on Reddit. Recap of Greg Valentine on some podcast. He doesn't like womens rasslin.

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine took part in a live podcast this weekend for the View from Filsinger Games Headquarters. During the Q&A portion, he randomly brought up his views on women's wrestling ... saying, “As far as girl wrestling, I would send them all out to the strip bar and fire ’em.”

Some other quotes: “I’d fire every girl wrestler I ever saw. They don’t draw any money, they have horrible matches. Uh … they’re terrible. That’s the way I feel.” “They take away jobs from men that need to support their families. They should be home washing dishes and cooking and pregnant and barefoot.”

“I love women … but they gotta realize their place. They’re not supposed to be wrestlers. They’re not supposed to be MMA fighters or boxers. It’s bullshit.”

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/3/e/d/3edc9c896f9c8ba7/TheViewAtWGF.mp3?c_id=9650865&expiration=1440197515&hwt=7814e0c19531160ac08ba277afa070e9

Personally, I think the WWE is missing the boat with this "revolution" by not having an Andy Kaufman he-man woman hater as a mouth piece for some of the other Divas. In Greg's defense, he probably had to deal with Moolah so that would make anyone hate women wrestlers.

Sandow. Yesterday. 

My brother's least favourite wrestler in the world is Greg Valentine because when he was 13/14, he was at a local show with Valentine on the card and asked him for an autograph and Valentine kinda mumbled/barked "HAFTA buy a PICTURE!" so he's always made a joke about how Valentine is his mortal nemesis.  Nice to see my brother will be vindicated in his lifelong feud and come out on top.

• Like 1

I've had the 'pleasure" of doing camera work at two different shows Greg Valentine worked here. He was a prick both times.

The second show, after the main event while we were in the back taping promos Valentine went off the guy who had been his tag partner for "changing the finish".

After Valentine left his partner and the promoter were befuddled because the finish had gone off as planned, and was exactly what the Hammer had agreed to. My take, having got a whiff of him before he left, was that he was drunk off his ass.

I've never understood why sexists want women to be barefoot. The other shit about cooking and cleaning is just horrible obviously, but the barefoot thing I don't even get.

I always presumed it prevented them from running away from them.

How drugged up is Valentine in that promo. But I don't hold it against any wrestler on a personal level what they say in promos, they are just acting anyway to try to sell a match. Course they may mean what they say but that alone isn't really evidence enough.

• Like 1

Notwithstanding that this sort of sexist drivel is dumb no matter who says it, Greg Valentine saying this is extra funny because I always thought him to be a waste of space every time he was on screen. I know most folks like his work, but to me, this dude has no room to talk about other wrestlers not being watchable.

Valentine was great. You are literately the first person have ever seen say he was less than good.

• Like 1

The fact that I loved Greg the Hammer as a kid made it doubly sucky to meet him and have him act like a dick. Twice.

I made you WWF Champion five minutes after getting home from Tous R Us with you Hammer! I never hotshotted the title onto someone faster! You made Ric Flair tap to your version of the figure four!

• Like 3