DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

From the TWITTAH machine!

Kane has now been wrestling without a mask 2x as long as he wrestled with one!

and company longevity (as of 9/30/2015)

ECW - 12 years 9 days (starting with Tri-State)

WCW - 12 years 5 months 15 days (from when Turner bought them in '88-2001)

TNA - 13 years 2 months 23 days

ROH - 13 years 7 months 5 days

• Like 1

How bad are we talking about here?

It's just not even a pro-wrestling show.

ps. Yes, I understand now that I could have known this beforehand. It's just that I have fond hazy memories of KOTDM toruneys from the 2000s, saw this on XWT and decided to give it a chance. I realize now that IWA-MS has long moved into the backyard.

and company longevity (as of 9/30/2015)

ECW - 12 years 9 days (starting with Tri-State)

Confused here.  Tri-State and ECW were two different companies, were they not?

Tri-State Wrestling Alliance became Eastern Championship Wrestling became Extreme Championship Wrestling. 

Tri-State Wrestling Alliance was the original name of the promotion.  Tod Gordon renamed the promotion "Eastern Championship Wrestling" when he bought out the original promoter, Joel Goodhart (IIRC, Gordon already was involved financially in Tri-State, but was basically just the money mark and Goodhart ran the promotion).

Yeah, the last time I did a longevity count people got on me for not including the Tri-State run, so I did this time.

As for Chikara, I just went with "Theoretical #2 promotions" that had national TV deals.

Yeah, the last time I did a longevity count people got on me for not including the Tri-State run, so I did this time.

People would much rather bitch about it, then do the work themselves.
The internet summarized.
  • Like 4

Drew Gulak was on Cokts AOW and Colt mentioned HHH referring to wrestling message boards and insinuating by boards he means Twitter. Colt then asked if message boards are even a thing for wrestling anymore, which got me thinking...

I know guys like NAylor and Hero have posted here and a few others, but does anyone think this is one of the better boards in terms of actual discussion and information regarding wrestling? Or even the best board?

What are other comparable boards (I literally do not know)?

PWO is a great resource if you're trying to learn about the territories or get good match listings for certain wrestlers. This board is the most fun though, and the WOTD and Lucha sections have a lot of great wrestling talk if you get tired of making fun of Hogan or TNA or Davey Richards (like that'll ever happen.)

• Like 1

People would much rather bitch about it, then do the work themselves.
The internet summarized.

Yeah, check out the last page of posts on the Signature Sweep topic...

This is the only wrestling-related board I post on.  This is the only tv/movie/comic-related message board I use, too.

I'm almost positive reading multiple variations of "Bray Wyatt should main event WrestleMania for the next 20 years.  Oh, and Cena sux and Sting wasn't a draw" would drive me insane.

• Like 1

Well we've discussed Sting's drawing ability before.

I do have a PWO account. Think I've posted there less than half a dozen times though, at least once because Matt insisted I join a thread.