DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Put a 1000 dollar bounty on somebody griefing our own VickyV25.

He retaliated by putting 9K on me, so I got out and let VickyV collect on me.

Net gain for the team.

I wonder if we can coordinate this in the future if DVDVRers find ourselves on public servers.

Man, I owe both Valcourt and misterperky a bullet to the brain .  Everytime I would move into the middle of the pack and make a move for second or third, one of those dudes would spin me out.  Come on, guys. Fucking Cyberinsekt does not need your help to win races.  The guy is a beast. 

I hate racing supers on the airport figure eight.  They don't drift around the corners as well as sports cars do.

I am tempted to sell my souped up Dominator, because i never drive it anymore. I prefer my Riffian these days for getting around town.

I just did the same thing a few days ago. It was the quickest thing I could find before I got a garage. It's speedy as hell, but it must weigh about a sack of feathers worth in the ass end, because I can't corner in it without spinning out and taking out 79 light poles.

My Jeep is my " just gonna drive around" vehicle. But if I need to get somewhere fast, I either grab the Akuma or the Elegy. I love the Akuma because it makes 5+ mile trips not feel so daunting, but I always end up half dead by the time I get where I'm going. Stupid ass NPCs cutting me off...

I've been finally focusing some money on mods for my favorite vehicles. I always go with bulletproof tires first, and then armor. Performance mods are always last.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but thank you again to whichever person suggested putting offroad tires on the Elegy. After doing that and installing a roll cage and some armor, I can tear through Blaine County for hours and the thing just won't die. It soars over hills like a glider. I waste way too much time in the mountains.

Although what I really want is a dune buggy. I need to Google around and see how that's possible online.

Edit: Apparently you can find it on a level 70 mission called Chopper Tail, but it can't be modded or stored. Dammit.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but thank you again to whichever person suggested putting offroad tires on the Elegy. After doing that and installing a roll cage and some armor, I can tear through Blaine County for hours and the thing just won't die. It soars over hills like a glider. I waste way too much time in the mountains.

That was me, but ironically enough I haven't actually done that yet. Knowing that it works, though, I think I'll do that and fill in the 10th space with a 2nd Elegy. Once the half-mil comes in, the Monroe can kick the Buffalo out.

My favorite vehicle just to drive around the map is my Bati 801 motorcycle - those things will pinball around all over the place. You can drive hilariously fast and sloppy and very little will happen to you. Plus they obviously go between cars in traffic better than cars do.

The rest of the cars I keep only because I can occasionally race them. I'm thinking of selling my Elegy because I've already got my Fusilade modified and I don't need two sports cars. I'd like to find my other "ideal cars" on the map and steal them (except for the Super class, of course), but they're hard to find.

Basically, it seems that most people who are racing use either the Super, Sports and Motorcycle classes fairly exclusively, with Muscle and Sports Classics used sometimes. It was fairly easy to steal a Dominator, so I've got Muscle covered. Those things spin out if you look at them wrong, though.

Edit: A new idea for the Elegy emerges...

Judging the Jury is one of my favorite GTA missions ever, online or otherwise. Get a room full of people with headsets and it becomes just perfect tactical strike.EDIT: Also, I have a challenge for anyone: Max out your Singing Bar in a public room full of people. Who here has the guts?

Ask J.T. about how much I love to sing over X-Box Live rather I'm getting rewarded for it or not.

Sign you play too much GTA:You identify cars on the road by their GTA analogue

Seeing an actual armored car picking up from a retail store and wishing that you had Sticky Bombs and a Pistol.

• Like 1

Couple questions for you folks;1.)So have all of you fellas beaten the game itself..that is, all of the online DVDR'ers?!!!2.)Just curious per I got the game late last week per sweet with a early as hell b-day present. This instead of WWF2K14. which is the better choice?

Comparing this to WWE 2K14 is the old apple and oranges argument.  There seems to be a lot of fans of the WWE games, but they got old to me a while ago. Though to be honest, I barely watch wrestling anymore besides Raw once in a great while (the switch to TV PG killed it for me) so I don't have any interest in a new wrestling game. The last one I bought was 2009 and that was because I got the collector's edition on clearance - and I am fine popping that in once in a while to have my CAW beat up HHH.

I think most people in the thread are playing more of the online than single player - though single player is very very good, I am enjoying it much more than GTAIV, which (even though it is a very good game) I found to be a slog in parts.  There are very few slow parts here and Trevor is one of the best GTA protagonists ever.  For myself, I am set up to hit the last heist - trying to steal a train engine with a helicopter and then land it on a flatbed while it was raining was pretty tough.

I did Base Invaders pretty much by myself last night.  One guy died on the way to the plane and quit, and the other two didn't get into the plane.  It was my first time playing the mission, so I didn't really know what to do.  I got lucky and managed to kamikazi my plane so it took out a couple of the jets, and the soldiers were really not much of a problem once I found a place with decent cover where I could use a sniper rifle.  A flight out with a stolen Cargobob back to Trevor's netted me a fairly easy $25K.

I forgot what mission Mark and I did for Trevor last week, but I cracked the code on the "this mission is SO HARD" crap from the internets by escaping via one of the boats out in the Alamo Sea fomerly crewed by Vargos gang members and going straight across the body of water rather than being dumb and trying to get back to land and drive all the way the hell around the Alamo Sea to get to Trevor's RV,

I was like, "There is no way I am going to shoot my way through those assholes only to die trying to get to my whip."  I think I got lucky though and I expect that mission to get patched so that Vargos members either pursue you in watercraft, or are waiting for you on the other side of the Alamo Sea and give chase when you are on foot looking for a getaway vehicle.

Yeah J.T. - I did that one by myself the first time and did the same thing pretty much by accident. For whatever reason, I assumed that was what I was supposed to do. I was halfway across the water before I saw any red dots pop up. I could definitely see them patching it too.

I did a dumb thing last night. I had about 87k in the bank and realized I hadn't put any mods on my Merryweather Mesa. I added a bunch of armor, engine, and transmission mods. Got down to about 25k. My buddy jokingly shot at my tires because he knows bulletproofing them is the first mod I always do. Somehow, I had not. Despite having only 25k, I couldn't let it go.

Drove out of Los Santos Customs with $57 to my name. My buddy shoots me in the head - $0. I didn't really care until we tried to start Boneyard to put some cash back in my pockets, and it denied me. I couldn't even join if someone else hosted. I somehow missed the fact that starting missions costs money.

It's a sad day when you have to rob a convenience store to get enough money to make some money.

EDIT: Also, I have a challenge for anyone: Max out your Singing Bar in a public room full of people. Who here has the guts?

Done that plenty of times.Hell, I was singing entrance music in missions with AxB. I thought I made a good account of myself with Sheamus'. We...won't discuss my attempt at Cena's.
  • Like 1

I had to do that the other day just to get enough for a can of Sprunk :b

I think I did that mission you guys are talking about last night.  I used a sniper rifle to take out the gang members on the boats and then waited and sniped the reinforcements.  That is the big strategy to use no matter the mission.  Whenever you grab what it is you're supposed to steal, usually it triggers a second wave.  It is much easier to  find a good place to set up and take them out rather than trying to drive and shoot them all at the same time, either if you're solo or with a crew.  There is only a finite of enemies that spawn.

On the plus side, if you rob all twenty stores on the map, you unlock a badass back tattoo (one of the Clown tattoos), get a Platinum award, and unlock a trophy / achievement!

I wore my Clown tattoo with pride until I earned the phat "The Wages of Sin Is Death" back tattoo that you get for the 10 Waves Survived medal & trophy / achievement.

The smaller tattoos are not so bad on the female toons, but Jesus, the Yakuza-eqsue ink on some of the strippers at tht Vanilla Unicorn is pretty unsettling.  I think Inferus has a complete sleave and that damned star pattern on her back in addition to that ginormous rose that runs from her thigh to her calf.

I don't like my Suicide Girls to look too suicidal.

Fufu doesn't have a drop of ink on her.  I was kinda bummed for Michael when I got the "Fufu doesn't sleep around" caption when I tried to set up the booty call.

The smaller tattoos are not so bad on the female toons, but Jesus, the Yakuza-eqsue ink on some of the strippers at tht Vanilla Unicorn is pretty unsettling.  I think Inferus has a complete sleave and that damned star pattern on her back in addition to that ginormous rose that runs from her thigh to her calf.

I don't like my Suicide Girls to look too suicidal.

Fufu doesn't have a drop of ink on her.  I was kinda bummed for Michael when I got the "Fufu doesn't sleep around" caption when I tried to set up the booty call.

Apparently they'll all give you their number and accept an invite to your Apt. in Online mode if you have the higher end apartments (10 car garages, 200K +).  But every time I go in there now it's the same three whose numbers I've already gotten (Chastity, Fufu, and Nikki, for those of you keeping score).

Naturally my apartment is on the high end of Not High End Enough.  I think your apartment status might affect their rotation/schedule.  Since it's always those three, they are always working and always "busy".  The others must pop up somehow because there's those bronze/silver medal popups ["Lapping It Up" i think it's called] for maxing out a LIKE meter.