DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Am I to surmise from all this that, after all this time, GTA has somehow suddenly become a game all about stealing loads of cars?

From an outsider it seems that way since it seems they just do the solo room glitch now and leave the white dots alone

I prefer to think of it as "giving the white dots a break."

There's something oddly soothing about the repetition of being in a room by yourself or with others you know and just doing these same steps in order and getting paid. I liken it to the mouse pushing the lever to get the pellet of food and growing addicted to pushing the lever.

Plus, I'm scared they're gonna close that little exploit, so I wanna make hay while the sun shines. I've made $20 million selling cars.

Freemode with dots is always one of two things: people who can't play the game well at all and total tryhards who constantly shoot RPGs and blow themselves up constantly to keep their precious KDs intact and pretty much stay off the radar one way or the other. They're not cheating, they're just exhausting.

I've made nearly 14 million, I think.  Add to that another 3+ from the coke factory and a million or so from Sentinels and CEO missions.  That is nearly as much as I've made total in missions after more than 3 years.  Of course, it cost me about 6 million to set up the car theft and coke stuff, and I've probably spent another million repairing the cars, but I've still netted a crap ton by my standards.

Did set my record for highest repair bill last night.  Got the collection Mamba, and it turned out to be the race that ends at that lighthouse on the east side.  6 miles back to my garage, in a fucking Mamba, with NPCs chasing me the whole time.  Damage came to a little over 25K.

I had $20,000 in damage to an Osiris last night - had to go from way up in Paleto Bay and there was just a ton of traffic and they were freaking out. Busy intersections are death.

I even had the enemy cars respawn and come after me on the wrong side of the road while I was taking an exit, blocking me in. First time I've seen them do that.

There are anywhere from 1 to 5 waves of NPC baddies coming when you steal a car in a solo session.  

When I'm selling, I stop and exit the car when they show up, I'm just stopping, dealing with them, take a death, and moving on.  The most damage they've done is about $600. 

When I'm stealing, if they show up with the heli though, ugh.  Run for your fucking life.   

Also, Lester's remove wanted level ability is the best spent money in the game. 

Was doing an MC mission solo over the weekend, POW, one where you go up to the O'Neill's ranch and rescue a dude. I had a bounty on me at the time, so a jet has come my way about the time I go inside the house. He's doing strafing runs while I'm ignoring him, going around the house looking for the hostage. I find him, clear out the last of the bad guys in the house, but jetboy is still out there doing strafing runs. I'm in the process of texting him "Dude, I'll just stay in here" but before I finish, he decides he's definitely gonna get me these time. The house gets pounded with exploding bullets for a solid 3 seconds, at which point the dude's jet crashes into the house, and he spawns over on the other side of the highway. I'm changing my text to "ha ha" when dude apparently gets embarrassed and leaves the room.

• Like 3

That's my jet "strategy," such as it is - find a place that's fairly covered, stay in it, and wait for jetboy to crash while trying to get to me.

I get covered up enough to not be an easy target while staying uncovered enough to make jetboy feel like he has a chance if he.just tries hard enough.

• Like 1

Rockstar has done another 250K deposit.  Guess it's their way of apologizing for the fucked up servers without actually admitting they're fucked up.

13 minutes ago, jstout said:

That's my jet "strategy," such as it is - find a place that's fairly covered, stay in it, and wait for jetboy to crash while trying to get to me.

I get covered up enough to not be an easy target while staying uncovered enough to make jetboy feel like he has a chance if he.just tries hard enough.

That's pretty much what I do.  I also try to keep radar lock on him without actually firing the heat seekers.  I like to think they'll find the noise annoying.

Well more to the point the "I am locked onto you" noise and the "I have fired a homer and it is targeting you" is the same noise, so you can make him go in constant circles without firing a rocket. Then if he twigs to that, just fire one and if he ignores the sound, boom."

• Like 1

On 1/27/2017 at 10:15 AM, PetrolCB said:

So, apparently Rockstar finally got around to patching the "Kuruma method" for the Pac finale. I'm legit surprised that it took them this long to do so. 

http://kotaku.com/why-rockstars-removal-of-a-gta-online-car-exploit-is-so-1791796274

I AM GONNA TO UNINSTALL THE GAME BECAUSE YOU TOOK AWAY MY ABILITY TO CHEAT!!!!

It's just hilariously funny to me that it took them so long to do it. I'm now kinda pissed I never did Pac Standard this way.

And cheating is kind of a gray line in GTA. You're not messing with the game's code when you use the Pac Standard method, you're simply exploiting a hole the GTA programmers accidentally left in the game. Duplication glitches and other money glitches are the same way. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's different than modding the game to give yourself money or ranking, for example.

Hell, the Pac Standard method is even better than duplication glitches because at least you're having to do a little work for your money and it's only what, $250,000 or so a pop?

IF YOU ARE STILL PLAYING GTA V ON LAST GEN!

Rockstar has announced you have until March 6 to transfer your character (and any progress that character has made) to current gen. They are going to disable the option to do so at that time.

Oh and also

Let out any pent up aggression in a trio of explosive Adversary Modes that are all dishing out Double GTA$ and RP for the next two weeks - take down your opposition's heavily-armed behemoth in Juggernaut, get behind the wheel for frenzied vehicular combat in Vehicle Vendetta and engage in the eternal battle between angels and demons in Lost Vs Damned.

You can also easily dive right into a double cash bash by launching the special Playlist featuring Vehicle Vendetta II, Deadline IV and Power Play III maps.

I gotta try some of those new modes at least once. Of course, that would keep me away from creating my own private Los Santos and running all my businesses. Vehicle Vendetta sounds like it could be fun.

Here's an addendum to the Pac Standard thing: There's been an exploit around for months now that if players quit the finale at the right time at the very end, they can replay it again without having to go through the setups again. They didn't patch that, apparently.

The whole thing about turning off last-gen transfers is to keep modded accounts at bay - much easier to mod the account on last-gen and bring it to current-gen.

Meanwhile, there is another car dupe glitch.  Solo this time.  Consult the usual sources.

On a completely different note, had the weirdest thing happen trying to sell a car from my I/E garage yesterday.  I've got the full collection now with what Stout posted, and I'm just selling 811s full time.  

In the middle of modding one, I got the "SAVE SUCCESSFUL" message.  Then the game kicked me back to sitting at the garage desk.  It had't charged me for the mods, so I tried again on the same car.  This time I noticed that some, but not all, of the mods I had done stayed in place.  Completed the mods this time, and exited to try to sell the car.  I got a brief shot of my character sitting in an invisible car, then got the message you get when you're selling a group of non- collection cars, and you're waiting on somebody else to finish their mods.  Finally it put me out on the street in the car, but the damn thing wouldn't move, no matter what I did.  

I finally had to leave the room.  When I got back in, the 811 was no longer in my garage, and I had been charged for one set of mods, not two.

And it looks like it might be patched, so beware.

I honestly don't know why Rockstar doesn't find the guy that finds all the glitches (since it's always the same guy), back a truckload of money up to his house, and hire him to test their shit for them.  Best case for them, he finds a bunch of bugs and they get fixed before anybody catches wind  Worst case, he doesn't find anything but it's still probably worth the money to keep him from posting more shit.

Lots of reports are that it's patched, and just recently, too.

This one was insane anyway - had to play a special race dude created for the glitch and meanwhile, try to run over and get a dart game going in the middle of the race with only so much time, and yadda yadda yadda. At least this one was solo.

It's amazing to me that it's the same dude every time. That'd be some kind of documentary, if someone would do it.

Yeah, that new one was a real bastard initially. I didn't go crazy with it, I just wanted four vehicles. The completely topless Mamba, beat to shit Ruiner, super Insurgent and the Trevor truck from story w/ teddy bear. 

Other friends I know went mad with it, duping just for money, it worked though. Several I know got a lot of cash, made and stored via dupes. One I know went to bad sport for constantly doing that underground race and quitting. He's there for another week and a half. Thats because he's very into that sort of thing, for whatever stupid reason.

Anyways, RIP Kuruma method and 2x MC work. You take the good with the bad. Doesn't matter too much, I haven't grinded heists in ages. That MC work was great though. Made roughly $20m and ranked up at least 40 spots doing it. At 689, I'm teetering on 700. Not that it matters, but it's a nice in-game achievement. 

Okay, so I absolutely get why when you want to make money, CEO stuff is the way to go and screw everything else.  

Thanks to Stout I made nearly $700k in about an hour and a half.  4 car sales, and cleaning out my crates warehouse and boom.  

Meanwhile, I did 3 supply runs on the biker coke house - with Stout, mind you - and every time, the supply bar was lower than when I started.   Fuck you LJT. 

• Like 1

Won a 2 vs 5 elimination handicap match with John Cena as my partner. Which was good, because with Cena, I knew we weren't taking a clean pinfall. 

He was a surprise tag partner, since Randy Savage couldn't make his flight to Los Santos.