DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

54 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Went to visit the Ghost of Mount Gordo before heading in to work today.  Too bad that you cannot get some justice for Jolene Cranley-Evan like you did for Lenora Johnson, but that would mean assassinating a gubernatorial candidate and handing the election over to Sue Murray. 

The irony is not lost on me that we are facing as horrible of a choice in this real life presidential election as the citizens of Los Santos were in the race for the Governor's mansion. 

I wonder if the ghost sighting was content for an actual mission that never made it to the actual game?

It still annoys me that there is a Bleeter update and a WEAZEL News radio blurb about the Lenora Johnson murder being solved after Franklin murders Peter Dreyfuss, but there is no update on the Lenora Johnson tribute website on the GTA 5 fake internet.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I did find the sunken UFOs and what appeared to be one or two of the victims of the Infinity Killer while looking for submarine pieces, but I never made the connection between the dead bodies and the other shit going on in Sandy Shore.

It probably says something that I've played a million hours of this game, but have no idea what any of this means, outside of Rockstar's startling prescience concerning the 2016 election.  I did eventually complete the main storyline in single player, but I really didn't even scratch the surface on any side stuff.

There is actually a website called GTA Myths Wiki that has info on all of the Easter Eggs and weird shit in the game.  I've actually seen the sunken UFOs in the game while looking for submarine pieces with Michael. 

I saw what I thought was a corpse wrapped in plastic when I had Michael out diving for briefcases, but I hauled ass back to my submersible when a fucking shark showed up out of nowhere.  Turns out that was not my imagination; it was one of the victims of the Infinity Killer but I had no context of what I saw because I hadn't seen any of the other clues in game.

As for the Ghost of Mount Gordo.  If you travel to the top of Mount Gordo (you'll know Mt. Gordo in story mode because of the yoga marker) between 2300 and 2400, you should see this off in the distance if you face east.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's not a glitch and you can get a better look at the apparition if you have a sniper rifle.  If you run towards the ghost, she will disappear, but the word JOCK is written in blood right underneath the spot she is floating above.

If you visit the Who Killed Lenora Johnson? website, you will see an advert for something to the effect of Tragedy On The Cliffs!  Was She Pushed? and it will link to this news article when you click on it:

newspaper.png

That's when you figure out that the ghost is former wife of the asshole actor / stuntman turned gubernatorial candidate, Jock Cranley, and that her death probably wasn't an accident.

• Like 1

I also know that during the mission, Predator, if look towards the lower right corner of the woods through the thermal sight on Michael's sniper rifle when you are trying to kill the remaining O'Neil brothers, you will see a heat signature that looks like a large man and it will disappear if you go to normal scope. 

That is supposed to be Bigfoot.

Spoiler

Speaking of Bigfoot, at first, people thought this mission was an urban legend but apparently it is true.

I think this mission is only available on the Xbox One / PS4 port and it unlocks for Franklin if you beat the game with 100% completion.   If you are a big fan of Rockstar games, you will recognize the crazy hunter as a descendant of James Marston from Read Dead Redemption and the guy in the Bigfoot costume is Ray Hughes from Bully all grown up. 

I'm glad you guys are talking about singleplayer, because I restarted my second playthrough, and I'll be damned if the assassination stock shit doesn't absolutely blow my mind. I read a few articles about it and tried to buy/sell the pharmaceutical stuff like it talked about, but I'm just lost. I kept advancing time by making Franklin go to bed, but I never saw the stock change. I may have messed it up. If anybody has any good tips on how to go about that, I'd love to hear them.

As far as online is concerned, I finally got on to do some of the new races. Those things are a hell of a lot of fun. However, it wouldn't be GTA without dickheads. Two dudes abandoned the race in favor of trying to block a particular jump in City Air? (I think that was the name of it - something like that). I realize that me complaining about someone being a dick in this game is some pot/kettle shit, but oh well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUkered said:

I'm glad you guys are talking about singleplayer, because I restarted my second playthrough, and I'll be damned if the assassination stock shit doesn't absolutely blow my mind. I read a few articles about it and tried to buy/sell the pharmaceutical stuff like it talked about, but I'm just lost. I kept advancing time by making Franklin go to bed, but I never saw the stock change. I may have messed it up. If anybody has any good tips on how to go about that, I'd love to hear them.

Here is a really good tutorial on how to make money playing the stock market while doing Lester's assassination missions.

Most of the stocks take several days to a couple of weeks to move up.  Also keep in mind that it is like the real stock market, so it will only move between 8 and 4 during weekdays.  So you might have to make the character go to sleep 30-40 times to see the movement.  Don't worry about getting the amount perfect.  You can half-ass things and still end up with hundreds of millions of dollars.  Once you buy the properties there is really nothing else to use the cash for anyway.

• Like 1

So, while I haven't done stuff like find bigfoot or solve the murders or any of the other things in single-player that requires you to run all over the map looking for random bits, I think it's safe to say that in nearly 3 years of playing this game, I have done almost everything you can do, and things I haven't done, I didn't want to do. This includes racing with lots of players, as well as racing with only a few players, as well as all numbers in between.

I say this by way of explaining that if I'm hosting a race, and I'm choosing to wait a bit to see if I can get more people to join, (which is likely, as the stunt races are currently quite popular,) you threatening to leave if I don't start the race in ten seconds is just going to induce me to kick you and then start the race after I've kicked you out of spite.

That kid deserved it...

• Like 3

I am a completionist so naturally I have found all of the collectables. 

The letter scraps were a pain in the ass with the only payoff being random homicide and the satisfaction of vigilante justice being done, but the stuff you do related to the submarine is an easy way for Michael to earn money.

For all of the fuss I made over finding every single UFO part, I have never driven the Space Docker other than to get it modded and keep it in Franklin's garage in Strawberry.

I've done all of the Under the Bridge challenges and Knife Flights.  I just need to sit down and let the OCD take over and complete all of these stunt jumps.

I did a bunch of stunt jumps in an invite-only room online because I really dug the lime green paint it unlocked.

No completionist streak in me in single-player. Agreed that you gotta wait days (if you go to save and don't, game play progresses six hours) for the stock market to fully rebound from an event. Like Neil said, as long as you have the money to buy properties, the rest is superfluous.

The new online races have already gotten kinda rote and the same to me. Can't wait to see what the populace does with these new tools Aug. 1.

41 minutes ago, Neil Koch said:

Most of the stocks take several days to a couple of weeks to move up.  Also keep in mind that it is like the real stock market, so it will only move between 8 and 4 during weekdays.  So you might have to make the character go to sleep 30-40 times to see the movement.  Don't worry about getting the amount perfect.  You can half-ass things and still end up with hundreds of millions of dollars.  Once you buy the properties there is really nothing else to use the cash for anyway.

Yeah, I thought that all you needed to do was buy the initial stock rise after the assassinations, sell after the peak, and then buy low / sell high as the company that took the hit makes a market recovery. 

I almost screwed up and took the investment broker from the Hitch A Ride S&F encounter to the Altruists.  Good thing I checked the Prima guide.  I switched to Franklin and had him run the guy to the airport.  Made it there in record time.  The modded Buffalo S reached a max speed of a little over 171 MPH when under the influence of Franklin's Special.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I also know that during the mission, Predator, if look towards the lower right corner of the woods through the thermal sight on Michael's sniper rifle when you are trying to kill the remaining O'Neil brothers, you will see a heat signature that looks like a large man and it will disappear if you go to normal scope. 

That is supposed to be Bigfoot.

Hide contents

Speaking of Bigfoot, at first, people thought this mission was an urban legend but apparently it is true.

I think this mission is only available on the Xbox One / PS4 port and it unlocks for Franklin if you beat the game with 100% completion.   If you are a big fan of Rockstar games, you will recognize the crazy hunter as a descendant of James Marston from Read Dead Redemption and the guy in the Bigfoot costume is Ray Hughes from Bully all grown up. 

I did that spoiler mission on PS3, so you should be able to get it on 360 as well, if you 100% it. Have you seen the final parachute jump one as well? That nearly glitched for me, I had to jump to online & back to trigger it... for a while I was missing a Strangers & Freaks because Franklin (me) forgot to phone the repo girl back very early on, and the repo mission doesn't trigger until you call her.

So, I decided to test the waters with that teleporting glitch I mentioned earlier. I'm not one for cheating, but felt like I needed to check this out. You can really create some havoc with this thing, as I later found out. 

Initially, I started using it for crate work in our lobby. Pause, warp, collect, pause, warp, deliver, repeat. Really cuts down travel time. So, that was that. 

Then we decided, what the hell (use the bell), let's see what we can do in setups/heists. We ran through all of them so fast. Very efficient especially for the Pac Standard heist (Convoy literally took 9 seconds). Got the Elite Challenge in the finale after finishing it in 7 minutes and change. Then, I decided to turn heel and abuse it in our freeroam lobby.

Good lord. It's incredibly easy to be "that guy". Spot a white dot, pause, warp, "Hello.", gunned down, repeat. It was fun though, I wil not deny that for one second. 

Overall, solid day to mark Lady Petrol's one year existence as what was to only be a second character and what has turned into my main. 

95JJn3m.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AxB said:

I did that spoiler mission on PS3, so you should be able to get it on 360 as well, if you 100% it. Have you seen the final parachute jump one as well? That nearly glitched for me, I had to jump to online & back to trigger it... for a while I was missing a Strangers & Freaks because Franklin (me) forgot to phone the repo girl back very early on, and the repo mission doesn't trigger until you call her.

Dom's last parachute mission at the dam glitched on me.  I had to reload a save in order to trigger it and then had to replay it for Gold because I didn't BASE jump from the same place Dom lope suicidoed from.

I also had the Prima book so I knew that I had to call Tonya in order to get the last Pulling Favors tow truck mission.

The Fire Truck version of the Bureau Heist went fairly well.  I got a Silver medal because I can't seem to get the fucking floor mopping thing done in under three minutes.  I can rappel down an elevator shaft in under thirty seconds and deal with the FIB agents long before my oxygen tank runs out, but I can't speed mop a floor.   Fuck.

One of my mid-range gunmen died so his expenses ran more than his share, but I didn't check to see if the casualty expenses ran more than the cut for the most expensive gunman in the crew.  Packie survived.  I wanted to use Chef on the job, but I guess he wasn't available because of Trevor and Michael's current professional disagreement.  We'll resolve that in The Wrap Up story mission, though.

Hopefully not going the rooftop entry route to get more experience for Rickie Lukens and Taliana Martinez won't return to bite me in the ass, but Frankiln's bank account jumping nearly a quarter million made me feel a little better. 

I also did Legal Trouble and got a Gold medal because I remembered to use the jet as my escape vehicle..  RIP Molly Schultz.

So, I am an idiot.  I just figured out that the female Goth hacker that hangs out with Lester in the Heists update is Paige Harris aka the more experienced (and far more expensive) computer systems expert you can use for the Jewelry Store job, so she's not really a new character. 

I guess that never dawned on me because I didn't use her because her cut is insane and you can still get a Gold medal even with Rickie Lukens screwing things up.

There are times when I think the game either reads my mind or is designed to be cinematic at the most unexpected times.

I remember the time while playing GTA4 and the Stranger mission comes up where Niko takes Marnie to the bus station so that she can go back home and try to clean herself up.  It started to rain and then Inner City Blues by Marvin Gaye came on the radio.  You couldn't set a more perfect scene if you tried.  It was heartbreaking.

Last night, I finished maxing out Trevor's Special and Stealth abilities by sneaking up on Ballaz gang bangers, smashing them in the head with a crowbar, and then rage murdering anyone stupid enough to come for vengeance. 

After that, I switched to Michael and he's there watching television with Tracey and Jimmy and then he says "Sorry, kids.  I gotta go.  I'm...... late for a meeting." 

The dramatic pause obviously sounds like the space between a thought and a lie, so naturally the next thing I do is go to Lester's to do the Bureau Heist. While Michael is on the way to the textile factory, Rain by The Cult comes on the radio....

AND THEN IT STARTS TO RAIN~!

Poor Michael... You would think that the less his fragile family is aware of the better, but I already know from a previous playthorough that for some reason I never finished that the this shit will blow up in the next couple of missions.  This time I will finish the job with 100% completion and it will be all about Option C.

I shot a -5 last night playing golf as Frankiln..  It is infuriating how rusty I am at my short game.

I got lucky and had the wind at my back on 8, so I got an Eagle while Castro had to settle for Par.

I am too afraid to fire up my online thug and see what a shit game of golf I play.  I don't think I will play any better than my -9 round where I got an Eagle on 8 and a Hole In One on 3 (pure luck).

I also need to remember to visit Lifeinvader and Bleeter on the fake internet after every major story mission.

11 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I am somehow a worse golfer in the game than in real life.  And I'm not very good in real life.

My golf game is non existent.  I have to live vicariously through Franklin's game. 

I do throw a better punch than Trevor does, though.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I am somehow a worse golfer in the game than in real life.  And I'm not very good in real life.

Plus the dalm game cheats. Out of bounds, my ass. I'm on the good side of the cart path. C'mon!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

In real life, my golfriend bar is set so low that I have to consider it a success if I drive the ball past the lady tee.

Edit: Golfriend? What in the absolute hell, autocorrect? Screw it. I'm leaving it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RUkered said:

In real life, my golfriend bar is set so low that I have to consider it a success if I drive the ball past the lady tee.

Edit: Golfriend? What in the absolute hell, autocorrect? Screw it. I'm leaving it.

Golfriend?  Is that one of those things that makes the ba-Ding sound?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Golfriend?  Is that one of those things that makes the ba-Ding sound?

IT ba-dings every time he takes a shot.

I'm still pissed I missed you when you were in town, RUkered. I fucking went to a friend's party and it had to be the worst party ever to exist. I would've had more fun with you and the mayor in 15 seconds than I did the whole 2 1/2 hours I was at the party. I wanted to go to see my friend, who I hadn't talked to in months, and I said about three words to him. He did give me some great little figures of John Morrison, John Cena, Seamus and somebody from his mom's thrift store, so that helped. He gave me the Undertaker's casket, but no Undertaker. I'm still trying to find a good use for that.

My other buddy got a Conway Twitty eight-track, so he got the better end of that deal, for sure. I got the privilege of catsitting for him the next weekend. Dalm, that was a bad party.

• Like 1

The Wrap Up is a wrap.  There were so many fucking bullets flying around that I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get the 18 headshots, but between Trevor's sniper work and Michael's Special and the Combat MG, dudes dropped dead with bullets to the brain.

RIP, UL Paper.  There is something oddly satisfying about murdering that guy.   One day I will do the Humane Labs heist with some randoms and then be angry again for not being able to kill Karen / Michelle for the second time in the game.. 

Oh, and RIP, Rocco Pelosi.  I hope that Luis Lopez caught the news feed that night and threw a party.

Thank God I remembered from a previous playthrough to wait for the last Buzzard to show up, shoot it down, and THEN grab a getaway vehicle. 

46 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The Wrap Up is a wrap.  There were so many fucking bullets flying around that I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get the 18 headshots, but between Trevor's sniper work and Michael's Special and the Combat MG, dudes dropped dead with bullets to the brain.

RIP, UL Paper.  There is something oddly satisfying about murdering that guy.   One day I will do the Humane Labs heist with some randoms and then be angry again for not being able to kill Karen / Michelle for the second time in the game.. 

Oh, and RIP, Rocco Pelosi.  I hope that Luis Lopez caught the news feed that night and threw a party.

Thank God I remembered from a previous playthrough to wait for the last Buzzard to show up, shoot it down, and THEN grab a getaway vehicle. 

I look forward to your reaction  on having to deal with dumbass ramdoms in that heist, especially the last setup mission.

I've seen some of the YouTube vids of the fiascos.  Most likely if I ever decide put myself through that shit, I am going to hit up GTA LFG and get together a regular group.

I am far too strategic to have to deal with juvenile assholes wearing monkey masks, athletic shorts and flip flops that are constantly clowning around.

Something just occurred to me.  If you have the CE for GTA5, Niko Bellic can be the father of your GTA Online character.  How weird would it be for your online thug to do the Humane Labs heist and run into the woman that could've been your mom?