DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I honestly don't understand what people like that are thinking.  There were a half dozen of us killing everything we could get near, and they decided they'd run product through that mess.  What is the thought process there?  Even if we hadn't got the sub, there was no way he'd have survived the welcoming party on land for more than 30 seconds.

Thanks for the help with making some cash last night, Roast and Stout.

Is there a best practice for getting that Sultan off the Sandy Shores airstrip? I've done it twice and have sniped the guy both times. Last night was an extremely lucky first shot. The first time, I spent about 5-10 minutes cussing and beating the hell out of the car.

• Like 2

If you're melraz, you just pick him up in a cargobob and laugh at him racing the engine the whole way back to your warehouse.  

I either try to shoot him when he has to slow down for a corner or just grab a car, get right behind him, and shoot him.

• Like 1

I nearly had a infarction trying to deliver some coke for Roast when I completely spaced on how to correctly back up that gall-dang trash truck and nearly cost him a bunch of money. Ever forgotten how to do something you've done a million times? That was me. Not fun.

• Like 2

I almost shot you out of the truck so I could do it myself.  lol

But your help helped me make about half a million last night.  So, you know, you have my undying gratitude.  Should be approaching Warehouse levels soon.  

It'd really, really help if R* did the double $/double xp Contact Missions like they did last year. 

15 hours ago, RUkered said:

Thanks for the help with making some cash last night, Roast and Stout.

Is there a best practice for getting that Sultan off the Sandy Shores airstrip? I've done it twice and have sniped the guy both times. Last night was an extremely lucky first shot. The first time, I spent about 5-10 minutes cussing and beating the hell out of the car.

If it's the one where they're having a "race", park something long enough to block the start/finish and shoot the driver there. 

Same doesn't apply for the one at LSIA. There, I just do what you said and snipe the bastard on one of the straights after a turn. 

• Like 1

You know, we try to be reformed once in a while and mind our own business...

Stout, Robert, and myself were in a room by ourselves trying to earn some money. Eventually, a few people showed up, but we kept at it.

Stout and I were delivering some cargo, and on the last stretch of road, a bastard in a Buzz-ard attacks us. I slide into the marker at the warehouse just in time to see two messages: Special Cargo destroyed and Special Cargo delivered. The game gave me credit for the delivery, but it didn't matter because the money-making immediately stopped and it was Horsemen time.

I won't go as far as saying we whipped his ass because he damn sure held his own for a level 20 (with his pied piper sack of seemingly endless proximity mines and rockets), but we tangled with that guy for a long damn time.

After he Allah Akbar'd one of us for the third or fourth time, Robert joked, "We should invite him to the crew."

Between that and sweetheart in her yoga pants running around in the middle of 40 red dots during a survival, it was a fun night.

• Like 1

That dude was tremendously tough to be a Level 20. I dunno if it was a second character or not. He just kept Allah Akbaring me, which was both frustrating and hilarious at the same time. Someone would say "he's in a car" and I'd just bristle, waiting for the inevitable drive up my ass/detonation. It made me hope I have the same effect on people when I've got the Allah Akbar working. 

Yoga pants girl made it through, what, one wave of that survival without dying?

If she made it that much. Someone needs to tell her that spray and pray with a minigun is not a viable tactic in a survival.

Wait, I've got it. It was a female who needs tactical advice. We have the perfect mentor on this very board. If we only knew if she could tell us a few words about Jehovah...

• Like 4

Final car is out now. The Dewbauchee Spectre, which I think is supposed to be an Aston Martin. Anyways, it's quite cheap, all things considered. There's the normal model and the Benny-fied custom. It's alright. 

Basically, all that's left now to be activated is another god awful adversary mode (WHY!?) that the new glowsuits are for. Apparently it's alien-based and the UFO is in it. My guess is that it'll be out during the annual Valentines Day DLC. 

Forgot to mention a weird thing that happened yesterday.  I was in a relatively full public when I started getting the saving failed nonsense.  Had to drop off, and wanted to save my progress, so I went into an apartment and left the game running, hoping it would save before it timed out.  Came back about an hour and a half later to find it had still not timed out.  There had been a room dump at some point, so I was in the public by myself.  All I can think of is that the saving failed issue somehow prevented a timeout.

You weren't watching TV? Just standing there? Weird.

Yeah, all we seem to be doing on the XBox side is taking advantage of the solo room glitch and selling cars. Robert and I were in a room a couple of nights ago and Austrian sensation Herby~! joined in. I knew this was gonna be the death of our cozy room, but I didn't know I'd look up and three other people would be in the room so quick. At this point it was 5:20 in the morning, so I'm like "screw this, bedtime," but about as soon as I noticed the three other people in the room, there was Robert killing one of them.

Last night, I'm delivering some coke via UPS and have three packages left when I notice someone join. I'm thinking "OK, maybe he'll leave me alone." Maybe not. He shot me and blew up my truck with one delivery remaining, then proceeded to turn tail and run while I sent him messages insulting his manhood for running and not fighting. I got tired of chasing him and left.

19 hours ago, jstout said:

Yeah, all we seem to be doing on the XBox side is taking advantage of the solo room glitch and selling cars.

Pretty much what we've been doing here. Myself or another friend of ours lagging everyone out, trading CEO and tag teaming car sales. 

Heads up btw, the MC in-house contract missions and CEO special vehicle missions are doubled up right now. Made a few million in about 2-3 hours work. So, grab some extra cash while you can. 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, jstout said:

Yoga pants girl made it through, what, one wave of that survival without dying?

There are yoga pants in the female toon wardrobe now?  Robert probably does not put them on his girl gangster because they will cover up the tattoos.

20 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There are yoga pants in the female toon wardrobe now?  Robert probably does not put them on his girl gangster because they will cover up the tattoos.

Yep, no yoga pants for me.  Currently going with the classy sleeveless blouse, miniskirt, high heels combo.  Closest thing I could get to the little black dress look. 

Tried to join y'all last night, but the Rockstar servers flatly told me to fuck myself.  So I read Hillbilly Elegy in a continuing desperate attempt to understand melraz. 

Also, Robert, I am pretty sure there's a little black dress in the Valentine's Day Outfits section. I'm sure it's like $75,000, but what can you do?  

• Like 3