DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I can only take you feuding with one person at a time in any giving play session

I think if you checked our score, Dan is feuding with me much more than I am with him.

Yes, but I can still trust you and Dan to set the qvetching aside long enough to work together, kack cops when the time is right,  and keep the paydays rolling in.

That and the name of the game is GTA.  If I wanted to race all of the time, I'd play more Fortza and if I wanted to deathmatch all of the time, I'd play a proper FPS. :)

Here is a song about why I play GTA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFSLFBAJdBI

We get the entire 360 Family up to higher levels and then we all pull some fucking heists together...... when Rockstar finally decides to put them in the game and doesn't break anything doing so...

Oh yeah that reminds me

There wasn't that fun moment yesterday when we had a random group session which was like half DVDVR and half other dudes.

And JT and Fresh kept insisting that Thundercats was DVDVR but on my screen it said he was part of another crew.

So they kept going "HE IS CREW!!!" and then he would run them over or shoot them and I would go "NOT CREW!"

Good times

• Like 2

Thundercats is crew, but I was sorta hoping he'd remember he was crew and shoot at the non-crew guys in the race so that someone from our crew would win the race. Oh well..

I let Dolfan slipstream me in that one race on the tarmac of Los Santos International.  I put the PIT on the guy in fourth so Dolfan would have a lane to the finish..

Dolfan almost won that race.  I am fucking crew.  When you and I doubled back to help Dan destroy cops while Mark delivered that Eyefind FiB vehicle to Lester, we all showed that we were crew.

if it is only us, then I will try my best to win, but I am not hyper-competitive or anything.

If other dudes are in our session, they get put down first and then we squabble amongst ourselves over who comes out ahead.  Mark and I will job races to each other and whatnot to each other to get our vehicle upgrades, so I'm not really worried about me coming in first in an open field so long as a crew member wins. 

Coming in first in races or deathmatches is not why I enjoy gaming with the crew.

Mark PITs me all the time in races but I know that it is because he is listening to a podcast when he should be focusing on the road (it is true what they say about distracted drivers, even in video games) and isn't deliberately trying to be a dick..... 

Fresh, OTOH, is a cheap bastard when it comes to races in-house. At least he's honest about it.  :)

• Like 1

I would love to hunt the 360 crew.

This would require you to buy a 360 and for me not to create an Invite Only session where folks could actually get things done. 

The Magic 8-Ball says Signs Point To No for the second time today. However if you and your crew go through the expense of buying 360s, the least I can do is create a Closed Crew session for our respective organizations so that you and your droogs have the opportunity to get your brains ventilated.

I love cycle races.  Fresh churned his intestines into buttermilk trying to catch me in that one race.  Get in shape, Walrus Titties!

So out of the GTA DVDVR crew we got rolling, we are all sorta starting to come to natural "roles" in our team.

J.T.: The Driver.

Me: The Pilot

Rippa: The Rookie

Mark: The Hacker

Fresh: ... doesn't really have a special unique skill, other then making the games fun and getting the worst version of me out.

There are others (some of you who I don't know your xbox name from your board name, sorry) that are great to have in too, If anyone on Xbox wants to play some with us, it's basically just join the part chat and your in.

I played a couple games of LTS with the crew yesterday, then had to take off.  Still pretty new to XBL.  How do you find the chat other than getting invited like yesterday?

I haven't been playing as much lately but I did a bit today.  Had a fun deathmatch at the prison that was limited to fists.  Best moment was doing a running punch on someone and knocking them off of a roof.

Did they nerf RP again?  I won one deathmatch and only got like 800 RP.

I played a couple games of LTS with the crew yesterday, then had to take off.  Still pretty new to XBL.  How do you find the chat other than getting invited like yesterday?

Easiest way to make sure you are friends with folks. Like Dolfan was the only one who knew who you were in regards to linking your board name and your XBL gamer tag.

If you are friends with folks - you can hop directly into their party and you dont have to wait to be invited

So out of the GTA DVDVR crew we got rolling, we are all sorta starting to come to natural "roles" in our team.

J.T.: The Driver.

Me: The Pilot

Rippa: The Rookie

Mark: The Hacker

Fresh: ... doesn't really have a special unique skill, other then making the games fun and getting the worst version of me out.

There are others (some of you who I don't know your xbox name from your board name, sorry) that are great to have in too, If anyone on Xbox wants to play some with us, it's basically just join the part chat and your in.

Check the Friends Tab or the Online Tab of the Pause menu.  It should show which crew members are in the game.  We usually run Closed Crew sessions, so you should be able to get into our room with no problem.  If you do, msg one of us and we will get ya a game invite.

And you don't need an invite to jump into XBL chat if you see us online.  Just come on in.

Matter of fact, our names should still be in your Friends tab of Recently Encountered Players.  Send us some Friend invites.

You guys are so dull at this game. Missions. Who the fuck does missions any more?

I really wish you had a 360.

That would put him in a session with us, in chat even. Is this really a desired outcome?

Well, you would lose me as a party member, FWIW

If you don't already know, Rockstar has managed to break the Los Santos Connection mission, where you have to hack a computer and then interrupt a deal at the airport.  Apparently the only way to get that mission to work is to have somebody be at the hanger before the computer is hacked now. 

You guys are so dull at this game. Missions. Who the fuck does missions any more?

I really wish you had a 360.

That would put him in a session with us, in chat even. Is this really a desired outcome?

Well, you would lose me as a party member, FWIW

But then Ilsa would lose the opportunity to snipe him from 400 yards out.

400px-GTA_V.HD_SCREENCAPS.PS3.181.jpg

Silver Lining.

I bought me this game for Christmas and must see it is insane how huge this game is, how much different things there are to do, though I haven't played really heavy until now (put about 25 hours or so into it and have about 33% completion ratio). Yesterday I tried to ride a dune buggy up to the mountain top but crashed into a tree halfway up. As I could not get up onto the thing anymore I just ran up to the top by foot. It took my ten minutes but due to the beauty of the landscape I did not feel bored at all (the fact that I was attact by three cougars did help, of course).