DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Does anyone ever play Capture? Such a major deal to have so many new things to do come out and everyone just went "so?" People have been more excited about the arena roof race.

I actually like some the capture missions, if they're full or close to it.  Easy way to pad your kill stats.  If you have just a few on each team it's pretty terrible.  Got stuck one tonight that wound up 2 on 0.

I think the problem for me is that Capture is where the Missions or Survival (can't remember which) option used to be in the cell phone.

Every time I've ended up in a Capture game - it's because I wanted to do something else and wasn't paying attention. That sounds stupid, but I've done it three times now.

The worst was when three crew members all played together and jumped teams so that they had three guys; another team had two players, and the other two teams had just one person on them (me being one of those teams). I immediately drove into traffic and started beating on truckers (which is very cathartic - when considering my line of work).

To Moongirl: (in Butt-head voice): "Hey, nice avatar, baby."

OK, which one of you dudes is that? I'm glad to see I was able to continue my streak of barely being helpful during missions while someone else carries me, then profiting greatly after the mission's completed. It's what I do best.

Moongirl is a friend of my cousin's whose friends don't play much GTA.  Be nice when you see her and for the love of God, don't hit her motorcycle.

So are you saying she's actually a she? A GTA first! She was tooling around pretty well on that motorcycle, I'll give her that. It was funny 'cause we did the missions with this level 110+ guy who did all the work. She then left the voting room and me and the other guy voted to do another mission. When the guy saw it was me that hung around instead of her, he left immediately.

I can't blame him - it was the one where you gotta go steal a helicopter to steal a jet to steal something else to do this, that and other. We didn't stand a chance. 

So out of the GTA DVDVR crew we got rolling, we are all sorta starting to come to natural "roles" in our team.

J.T.: The Driver.

Me: The Pilot

Rippa: The Rookie

Mark: The Hacker

Fresh: ... doesn't really have a special unique skill, other then making the games fun and getting the worst version of me out.

There are others (some of you who I don't know your xbox name from your board name, sorry) that are great to have in too, If anyone on Xbox wants to play some with us, it's basically just join the part chat and your in.

My role is clearly meat puppet as basically it is just "get dropped in a mission and then get killed a 1000 times as no one explains the rules and I have no weapons"

So are you saying she's actually a she?

Yep.  Moongirl is an actual female, but not a GTA first.  I play golf about once a week with this girl named Julia from Chicago.  And yeah, Moongirl's pretty good on a motorcycle.

I imagine that when Fresh levels up enough to get an MG and a Grenade Launcher, he will be the Heavy Weapons guy.  So yeah, he will bring the noise.

Rippa's job is to stay alive until we get him above Rank 20 and he starts getting decent weapons and body armor..

My role is clearly meat puppet as basically it is just "get dropped in a mission and then get killed a 1000 times.

Until he gets into a tank.

Which reminds me.  Let us know when you get a call from Ron to go on your first Survival mission at the airplane bone yard.  One of us will tag along to get you through all ten waves. 

Max out the ammo for your favorite guns and grab armopr before going on your first Survival mission (phone call from Ron) and your first gang attack mission (phone call from Martin Madrazzo).

We will also hit four more gang attacks after you do your first one so we can get you the 5 Gang Attacks In One Day platinum medal.

Some time yesterday I got the phone call to meet Trevor for the first time.

Granted I have barely done of the missions available to me since most of mine now are 1-4 people and our groups is usually at least 5 deep.

• Like 1

The problem with playing just to unlock Gun Tints, is that when you get the LSPD Tint on your Combat MG (like I do), it feels less worthwhile to keep going for other weapons. Which is why I was playing Skyrim mostly last week. Was back on last night, Reggie 20x6 was in the game for a bit. Did the Maze Deathmatch as a team deal, with four guys in the forum. Me (level 130) vs Three guys (level 26, 68, & 84). I lost, 17-16. But it's a moral victory anyway - at the end, when the player blips become visible it was 17-14, and they were all running for their lives to stop me getting the tie.

Saving Ryan's Privates is awful. Deathmatches with Tanks in are just pathetic... if Rockstar wants to improve the game, they need to either remove Tanks altogether, or make it so they're a lot slower, weaker, or have poor visibility.

Some time yesterday I got the phone call to meet Trevor for the first time.

Granted I have barely done of the missions available to me since most of mine now are 1-4 people and our groups is usually at least 5 deep.

We may have to start divvying up if we get a lot of people in the same session, especially since most of the sporting events are only 1-4 players and Tennis is only 1-2.

Saving Ryan's Privates is awful. Deathmatches with Tanks in are just pathetic... if Rockstar wants to improve the game, they need to either remove Tanks altogether, or make it so they're a lot slower, weaker, or have poor visibility.

No, Saving Ryan's Privates is not awful.  It is a great scenario 

Rippa and Mark kicked our asses because Rippa blew the crap out of us from his tank while Mark watched Rippa's back from the ground and allowed Rippa to press their tactical advantage.  It's not their job to take it easy on the other side.  That's why I disagreed with Dan when he said he wanted to make attacking enemy vehicles before they were boarded off limits. 

That goes completely against The Art of War.  You don't allow the opponant to gain ground.  Destroying enemy vehicles is the key to victory in that scenario.

There are plenty of grenade launchers and RPG's about for guys on foot to deal with tanks and you get the Bull Shark Perk if you are on a Losing Streak.  if you don't have guys in jets and helis taking out the tanks on the ground or defending against air support, you don't have anyone but yourself to blame.

Besides that, the first time I played that scenario, my team actually won the deathmatch because we forced the other side to fight a ground war against us and we shot the shit out of them when they tried to attack or board our vehicles.  Use your idle vehcles as decoys.

If there is a weakness in the scenario is is that it doesn't scale to match the number of players on hand.  It is more fun if you have a full room.  It wasn't designed for anything less than 5 players on each team..

To be fair - the only reason I went to the tank was because I crashed the jet and I knew I had no shot in the helicopter

You played to your strength.  Sun Tzu would be proud.

And we will have to coordinate the GTA5 gameplay so that your son and my daughter don't learn any colorful new words.

I am worried about my daughter hearing the lyrics to Gangsta, Gangsta but not so much about her watching be blow a Cerberus Trooper's head off with a Black Widow sniper rifle.  I am a sad, typical American.

We did the Maze last night. Lots of sniping from me with dan and JT and vice versa.

The grenade launcher is a great tool in capture and deathmatch.

And the bonehead move of the night was me trying to remove a police level from lester and accidentallt setting a bounty on Dan.

Calling a mugger on Dan, on thw other hand, was pretty funnt.