DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I had to shoot a fucking 29 to beat Castro Lagano aka the Random Event guy you run into that becomes the second Hard Difficulty golf opponant.  Mother fucker can get birdies up hil from a mile away.

CastroLagano.jpg

I did not get a Hole In One, but I did score my second career Eagle.  I will probably never ever play golf that well ever again.

In the effort to beat him I maxed out Frankiln's strength (finally) and I think I have the Numbver Vun golf score on the Crew leader board.

I was going after a crate and was fairly close to it with two other players around me online last night when I got killed by one of the computer-generated guys guarding the crate. I respawned close to the crate in an absolute straight line. I whipped out my advanced rifle and took off running.

I shot the crate while running and grabbed the contents and kept running in a straight line to hide behind a trailer. The whole time I'm doing this, the music from "Chariots of Fire" is playing in my head.

I was going after a crate and was fairly close to it with two other players around me online last night when I got killed by one of the computer-generated guys guarding the crate. I respawned close to the crate in an absolute straight line. I whipped out my advanced rifle and took off running.

I shot the crate while running and grabbed the contents and kept running in a straight line to hide behind a trailer. The whole time I'm doing this, the music from "Chariots of Fire" is playing in my head.

That goes great with how i hear the james bond theme when i do a parachute mission.

Buddy of mine online loves parachute missions, so I've been doing them constantly lately. I've done dozens, and I'm only starting to show about a 10 percent improvement from when I started out. But it's still improvement, you know? At least I'm getting a little better. I still can't make sharp turns for crap and usually fall faster when I mean to fall slower.

I've figured out that in Richman, there's occasionally guys riding the $10,000 bicycles recreationally. That's my next objective online, to poach one of those bikes. I've got more than enough money to buy my own about 500 times over, but why buy what you can steal?

Buddy of mine online loves parachute missions, so I've been doing them constantly lately. I've done dozens, and I'm only starting to show about a 10 percent improvement from when I started out. But it's still improvement, you know? At least I'm getting a little better. I still can't make sharp turns for crap and usually fall faster when I mean to fall slower.

I've figured out that in Richman, there's occasionally guys riding the $10,000 bicycles recreationally. That's my next objective online, to poach one of those bikes. I've got more than enough money to buy my own about 500 times over, but why buy what you can steal?

Every time I go to rob the store northwest of Richman I see a couple dudes on those bikes. I've grabbed one of each of the 10K types.  Is there a way to track/insure them?

So this game kind of becomes obsolete after you finish the main story and do 98% of the strangers and freaks missions, right? Especially if you don't really care for Online. Guess I'll have to play it again a few more times and try to get different finishes.

I don't think so.  He will rant for several minutes if you let him.  There are a few of those types of people around, like there's an old actress along the walk of fame who will babble on and on about her roles.

So this game kind of becomes obsolete after you finish the main story and do 98% of the strangers and freaks missions, right? Especially if you don't really care for Online. Guess I'll have to play it again a few more times and try to get different finishes.

I have 50+ hours in the single player and still have stuff to do, like using the sub to find nuke waste, scuba gear to find boat parts, finishing off Trevor's gun running, races, etc.  Plus I still want to go back and do the other approaches to the heists.  So um, yeah, if you are really at 98% there isn't much to do besides the usual open world cause chaos kind of action.  But there will be single player DLC coming, and that should be another 10-20 hours of content.

I made a race last night called Baggage Claim.  It's a GTA Race (weapons) around the airport with baggage carts.

The editor seems pretty full featured.  It would be great if you could do missions on it but I doubt they'd ever put that out.

Every time I go to rob the store northwest of Richman I see a couple dudes on those bikes. I've grabbed one of each of the 10K types.  Is there a way to track/insure them?

No, not that I know of (Los Santos Customs won't let you in the door with them), but the bikes are at least supposedly indestructable.

You don't really care for online? Blasphemy! You mean it's not your bag to be blown up every five seconds by some 12-year-old in a tank?

I loaded into GTA Online this morning and someone gifted me 87,900,000.  Someone had put a bounty on another player for a billion $, and I reaped the benefits, I was barely off the couch when it happened.

If that's not a glitch and that sticks, that's incredible. I don't know how that could be, though. I thought the maximum bounty was $9,000. I accidentally ran over and knocked down another player outside of Los Santos Customs as I was leaving there yesterday and the player gave me $68. That was random.

I made a race last night called Baggage Claim.  It's a GTA Race (weapons) around the airport with baggage carts.

This sounds fucking awesome!

Mark & I hit a rival cocaine trafficking ring for Martin Madrazo and snatched some documents from Merryweather for Lester Krest.  It felt good to shoot rival criminals in the head again.

We had some ring rust as was evident with two grenade related snags.

1. In Lester's mission, I threw an HE when I meant to throw a Tear Gas grenade which destroyed the document we were after and gave us a mission failure.

2.  Mark lobbed an HE right next to the car where I was taking cover from the cocaine dealers.  You can imagine what happened next.  Friendly fire is not friendly.

Aside from those glaring issues, our teamwork was pretty textbook.  To paraphrase Lamar,  fools got capped and we got paid.

I finally got me a t-shirt with the crew logo!

In the effort to beat him I maxed out Frankiln's strength (finally) and I think I have the Numbver Vun golf score on the Crew leader board.

I dunno about the leaderboard, but I've shot a 9 under.

I have the leader for the 360 side of the house.  You are PS3, right?

The rust really showed when we played golf which ended in a -3 draw. I hit the ball in the water on cursed hole 7 for the first time since i played the golf course.

Also almost hit it oob on the first hole by skying the green.

I do love my dune buggy, which now has speed buggy orange and blue colors.

I dunno about the leaderboard, but I've shot a 9 under.

I have the leader for the 360 side of the house.  You are PS3, right?

Yep.

I loaded into GTA Online this morning and someone gifted me 87,900,000.  Someone had put a bounty on another player for a billion $, and I reaped the benefits, I was barely off the couch when it happened.

Did this wind up sticking? Do you still have the money? I saw guys in the game the other day putting up gigantic bounties. Obviously, they went quicky.

This was Rockstar's comment:

To keep the gameplay environment as fair as possible for legitimate players, we routinely do sweeps to separate out cheaters and modders, and to reverse any illegitimate transactions. These sweeps are based on in-game automated detection, examination of suspicious gameplay statistics, and also manually-reviewed evidence submitted by the Community. If you were not engaged in any willful cheating or exploiting yourself, you do not need to worry about getting caught up in our work to separate out cheaters from the rest of the population.

I'm choosing to interpret this as "take the money and run."

I've been seeing similar stories on other boards.  It's people who cheated to get tons of money trying to get rid of it to avoid being banned.  I haven't heard anything about anything bad happening to the reciepients besides getting their "gift" taken away.

So spend away.  I am still trying to save up for an airplane.  At the rate I'm going, I'll have it sometime next summer :b

Tried doing the nuke waste collecting with the sub last night and got bored in about 5 minutes.  It'll probably be yet another thing I don't do so I never get 100%

I've been seeing similar stories on other boards.  It's people who cheated to get tons of money trying to get rid of it to avoid being banned.  I haven't heard anything about anything bad happening to the reciepients besides getting their "gift" taken away.

So spend away.  I am still trying to save up for an airplane.  At the rate I'm going, I'll have it sometime next summer :b

Tried doing the nuke waste collecting with the sub last night and got bored in about 5 minutes.  It'll probably be yet another thing I don't do so I never get 100%

GTA: Brewster's MIllions

So does that mean we're gonna see even more assholes driving around tanks?