DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Got one more stupid goal in this game, with Red Dead impending - 30,000 player kills.  I'm about 110 away.  Gonna try to make the last one interesting.  Realized I never killed anybody with a sticky bombed taco truck, so here's to trying to get one that way.

• Like 1

I don't think I ever thought of that. I was happy to get the one where I dropped onto the Interstate from the bridge over it and fell straight on top of some player's car with a stickied-up ATV.

Robert, haven't you killed someone with a stickied-up submarine? I know you've blown up the submarine before.

11 hours ago, jstout said:

I don't think I ever thought of that. I was happy to get the one where I dropped onto the Interstate from the bridge over it and fell straight on top of some player's car with a stickied-up ATV.

Robert, haven't you killed someone with a stickied-up submarine? I know you've blown up the submarine before.

I saw a taco truck the other day just kinda figured it was a good idea.  No idea how often those things spawn now, though.

I always wanted to get somebody with a submarine.  Never had the chance though, and I figure it's probably impossible now with the James Bond submersible car running around.  I think the only one I ever did in a boat at all was the time I got that submarine while riding a jet-ski.  Poor bastard was trying to deliver a shipment too.  Too bad he got caught in shallow water.

Game still has it's charms, at least when shit goes right.  Tonight shot went right. 

When the game loaded I noticed there was a whole mess of dots north of the pier.  Some on the beach and some on the hills above.  Bunch of high level dots too.  Usually that turns out to be a repeating sniper circle jerk, and even I'm smart enough to avoid that shit.  Tonight though, I just figured what the hell?  

Found somebody's supercar on my way over there, so I stickied it up and drove it over to say hi.  First dot I saw was up against the fence on top of the hills overlooking the beach.  Poor bastard never saw it coming. 

Respawned and noticed somebody on top of a high roof trying to snipe everybody.  He decided to have a look in my direction and got a bullet in the head for his trouble.  That cleared the hills, so I decided what the hell again and ran down to join the rest of em.  Wandered right into the middle of a group of four, but I dealt with being surrounded by killing all four of em.  One of em got me on his respawn, which would turn out to be my only player death all night.  

I got a couple on my respawn and then made a run for the pier.  There were two dots in sniper range when I got there.  For some reason I couldn't hit one of em for anything, and I basically never missed the other.  The guy with the bad luck ate a bunch of sniper rounds till the cops took me out.  

After than respawn, there was just one dot left on the beach.  He was so far off that I could only see the faintest of occasional orange flashes in my thermal sights.  That was enough, though.  

After that, I gave up on the pier and went back into town.  Some clown on an Oppressor II had a go at me while I was in an alleyway.  Then he landed on a high roof.  I guess he was trying to snipe me from above, but he was so damn slow doing it that he never stood a chance.  I eventually realized he was the same guy I sniped off the roof over by the beach.  His buddy showed up in a Delorean.  I shot him up pretty good, but never killed him.  Oppressor guy got on his bike again and landed on another roof.  Same result as before.  Then I noticed I was right by somebody's nightclub, and went dancing.  

Down to about 75 kills left for 30K.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, but you're not factoring in the cost of your PS+ subscription. And you never play the free games you get with it.

Should have tried Just Cause 3 at least. And Life is Strange and Until Dawn. Apparently Bloodborne and Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain are good too, but I've not got to those yet.

This thread is probably coming to a close soon with RDR2 coming out in a couple of weeks.  But...  

Here's a find on YouTube.  The little Making of GTA Vice City special you got with the Special Edition (I believe):

If Rockstar were smart (or if it would even be remotely possible) they would put a Westworldesque portal inside of GTAV into RDR2 and visa versa.  I would absolutely still hop on to GTAV occasionally if I could fairly seamlessly jump between the two games.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So let me gets this straight. The Warehouse under the Nightclub accrues product from your businesses as long as you hire guys to do it, and that builds up over time without you doing anything, but you have to sell them yourself. BUT the businesses themselves are basically doing double duty and are still making product for you to sell (if you're keeping them supplied) at the same time?

Public Solos must be a big money spinner now. Shame public non-solos are unplayable with too many people having the new Oppressor.

On 11/7/2018 at 8:41 PM, AxB said:

So let me gets this straight. The Warehouse under the Nightclub accrues product from your businesses as long as you hire guys to do it, and that builds up over time without you doing anything, but you have to sell them yourself. BUT the businesses themselves are basically doing double duty and are still making product for you to sell (if you're keeping them supplied) at the same time?

Yes, it’s a dual operation. You just have to maintain the individual businesses or else risk the constant phone calls and/or raids. 

It’s a pain in the ass though, which is why I’ve always just bothered with the nightclub end of things, while I go bother people in free roam and collect business battles to fill things up at the NC. And yes, I agree the influx of MK II Opressors has made things difficult for some. Not difficult for myself per se, as I live on one, but for those who think doing business in a full warzone is a good idea. 

Not to mention the speed boost glitch making things better/worse for the parties involved. 

Anyway, the only things you’d want open for the nightclub are coke, meth and counterfeit cash. Those are the only ones that make good money. Obviously the other two things you’ll need running for nightclub are the hangar and bunker, because that’s the sporting goods and weaponry portion of the warehouse. Shut the forgery and weed operations down. 

Hope that helped. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RIPPA locked this topic