DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Dunno why but this video just killed me, especially the early part where he rams his cop car repeatedly into the gate.

http://kotaku.com/gta-v-cop-has-a-nervous-breakdown-goes-walkabout-1474367642

He's a human being, goddammit! His life has value.

He's mad as hell and he isn't going to take it anymore.

I'm assuming you have some sort of super power when you're a higher rank, because these people pick me off from (seemingly) a mile away, and I can't even see someone until I turn the corner and by then I'm already dead.

I'm a level 8, but my fitness level and lung capacity are already almost maxed out. I'm probably just going to buy a garage on the beach and store bikes there. I'm awesome at darts, the gun range and anything that doesn't involve death matches.

I'm assuming you have some sort of super power when you're a higher rank, because these people pick me off from (seemingly) a mile away, and I can't even see someone until I turn the corner and by then I'm already dead.

I'm a level 8, but my fitness level and lung capacity are already almost maxed out. I'm probably just going to buy a garage on the beach and store bikes there. I'm awesome at darts, the gun range and anything that doesn't involve death matches.

The super power is the second level sniper rifle with all the mods.  It's got insane range, and seems to be a one shot kill even if your health and armor are fully maxed.  I've used that thing to take out people I know had no idea where I was, and I've had the same thing happen to me a few times.

If you have a $9,000 bounty on you, death's coming soon enough. Might as well just keep doing what you're doing, no use waiting for the inevitable. 

After the beach bum update, i seemingly never get any crate drops anymore. Maybeive not been playing for long enough in one sitting.

Crate drops have been kinda wonky for a while now. The game will say a drop is coming, light up a location, and then never drop a crate, but keep the location lit up. This draws players, who, of course, all start fighting with each other. Plus the same location keeps popping up, like at the horse racing track in the game I just finished.

9.5 times out of ten I can't even see the people killing me in these death matches. 

How the hell do they hide their dots? 

Are they calling Lester and paying (is it?) $500 to hide their dots for a while?

I want one of those scooters, dammit. Those two dudes turned tail and ran so quick. It was hilarious. It really did remind me of a wrestling run-in.

Did the mission today with crew member Melraz09 where you gotta go steal a Cargobob. Well, stupid me looked everywhere but the most obvious place - the military base - I think because I was subliminally trying to avoid that hellish place. We go there, I actually manage to jump over the fence (though my bike doesn't make it) and my God - four stars immediately, they're not pleased. I die in 2.5 seconds and that's it. I've never seen such a swift, thorough ass kicking ever. 

Melraz09 actually manages to get into a cop car, where it immediately becomes one car against 250 cars. He survives that somehow and actually manages to take a freakin' cargobob! It was absolutely heroic. Of course, problem is, he gets followed by about 500 helicopters, and that's that.

The moral of the story: Turn down all jobs involving that damn military base.

And later, I'm in a HYOOOGE firefight with tons of players where everyone's taking on a couple of tanks. Another player (in this hot chick avatar with short shorts) comes riding up on a BMX bike and starts doing stunt jumps on the construction site we're all at war on, uncaring about the insanity breaking out around her. That was puzzling even for GTA online.

The lone highlight I had yesterday was that while jogging from the desert to the southern part of the beach (robbing convenience stores along the way) I came across a cyclist on the side of the road stretching. He was wearing that tight lycra cyclist outfit and generally looked like an idiot. I killed him with one punch, without even breaking stride; stole $1,000 from him and spent the rest of the evening tooling around the mountains on a $10,000 road bike.

Oh, and then the cops killed me and I lost it.

I don't know this for sure, but I've always assumed that the deathmatches work like they did in Red Dead - your dot only appears if you shoot or sprint. I just assume that because you only see dots flash occasionally. At least that's the way I always play them - I could just be the moron who walks his way through deathmatches instead of running for cover.

And jstout - I think there must be some magical pull to Fort Zancudo missions with you and melraz. That's the buddy I've referenced playing with in other posts on here. He was the other guy playing with us when we did the same mission and you rammed us full tilt into the fort gates on the motorcycle, although he wasn't a crew member at the time. He isn't a forum member, so I was telling him that you mentioned you guys playing together. He was laughing because, in his words, "I don't know what he's talking about because I sucked ass."

And speaking of absolute chaos - it must have been a full moon last night because everybody was absolutely insane. I spent the majority of my time messing around in free roam, and at one point, it looked like a Call of Duty commercial in the city. I rounded a corner on my motorcycle and got blasted by a tank. When I respawned, I took cover just to watch the action, and in the span of about 10 seconds, these things happened in this order:

1) Tank blows up 3 players in a car

2) Jet does an extremely low flyby, pelting the tank with rockets

3) Rocket from an RPG comes zipping past the tank and me

My screen didn't stop shaking for a solid minute. Fortunately, I got a mission invite and escaped the madness.

Even getting the Cargobob airborne was a HYOOOOGE win at that point. Two people, one of them being me, doing that mission is pure suicide. I know three of y'all did it while I wandered outside the gates lost as hell, which is doubly impressive.

For me, as soon as I see a player manning a tank or helicopter and shooting at other players, it becomes my challenge for the day to take 'em down. One of my proudest moments lately was standing on the roof of a fried chicken restaurant taking out a tank that had plagued everybody. Then the cops shot me dead seconds later for having the balls to do their jobs for them.

I stumbled across a player's Entity XF yesterday, and while I was always the type to leave other players' cars alone, I'm like "I gotta see if I can drive this thing." So I took it for a crazy fast joyride around town until the guy kicked me out of the car.

I'm starting to like driving a car around town for use as a battering ram instead of my usual motorcycle, but my Adder is probably too fast for street use - I just wind up bouncing it around town like a pinball. 

Do you guys take one of your cars out for Freemode running, or do you rely on stealing other cars? There's pluses and minuses to both approaches - I get sick of having to go get my car out of the impound lot every time I get into a scrape with another player and the cops get involved, but it's also a pain getting wanted levels every once in a while (and the occasional bounty put on you) because you're driving a stolen car.

I take my own cars. They're faster and better. If you don't want to risk impound, leave the supercars in and take cheaper cars out like an Elegy or a coupe. The Elegy's insurance cost is only $1,187, and if you just don't feel like running down to impound, you can just let them destroy that.

My storyline progress:

RIP Al Di Napoli.  Wow, the Vinewood Souvenir missions sure do reek of the awesomeness of the sadistic days of GTA3 where you reveled in malicious and sometimes homicidal behavior and then felt ashamed of yourself afterwards.  The writers for this game are fucking crazy.  The things that Trvevor says while delivering poor Al to oblivion are tremendous.  ("I'm the just the guy carrying you from A to B:  A being the trunk of that car and B being the horrific scenario of my chosing." "Older women are like fine cheese; sometimes the rind is the best part!") 

All Rampages are now complete.  The hipster massacre was quite cathartic, especially when you got to throw grenades at the Mini-Cooper looking cars.  Rampages are so surreal.  I want to think that is all in Trevor's mind but the carnage in the street says otherwise.  The blatant hints that Trevor has mommy issues just keep on coming.

I both love and hate the mission, Fame or Shame.  On the one hand, that scenario has to be every father's revenge fantasy and the idea that Trevor has a better undestanding of what it means to be a father than Michael does is rather disturbing.  On the other hand, it is damn near impossible to get a Gold completion without being lucky.  If you keep the trailer hitched, you probably won't get the rig up to top speed unless you are really fortunate, but if you drop the trailer you automatically forfeit the Gold medal.  I just said "Fuck it," after five tries and I'll replay the mission later.

Two more land and air arms race missions to go and I will be done with them.  I nearly crashed my plane during one of the bombing runs on the Aztecas (the camera takes your focus off of the airplaine until the bomb hits), but managed to pull out just in time.  Land delivery 3 was dirt easy so long as you remember that you're in a dune buggy that can go over mountains and has a roll cage.  So long as you keep your body armor maxed out and use Trevor's Special ability during gunfights (I bring up a shotgun and just go wading in as soon as I trigger Crazy Voice mode), you shouldn't have much trouble from the rival gangs trying to hijack the shipment.

I cannot find anyplace in Grapeseed where crop dusters spawn.  I may have to come out of pocket and get one on the fake internet so I can use it for the Knife Fight challenge.

I finally got a close up look at Ursula and for a lunatic, she is kinda cute. I almost got a Snapmatic of her and Trevor when the game glitched and she got stuck outside of her house during a booty call, but as soon as I took my camera out, she started moving again.

Michael's trips to Dr. Friedlander are excellent seagueways into the various transitions of plot.  "Evil" was a rather enlightening cutscene  It will be a shame when I eventually have to kill the guy.  It's GTA so I know that moment is coming.

Michael is also $2.5 Million richer after I double-crossed Cris Formage.  Fuck you, Epsilon Program!  Kifflom!

I keep forgetting to check the Bleeter webpage and the main characters Lifeinvader pages after completing missions.  Sooo fucking hilarious.

I have high hopes for WATCH_D0GS, but I may have to lower my expectations so that I am not disappointed.  This fucking game has set a really high bar and I am barely halfway done. 

GTA5 is the best sandbox title I've ever played.  Mayhem, murder, criminal activity, brilliant plots and sub-plots, and complex characters I actually care about, even the psychos.

If only the online portion were as compelling.

Up to 15 stores robbed online. I stupidly robbed 2 in succession, meaning lester's wanted level removal hadn't reset, so i had to evade the popo the old fashioned way.

Also got the platinum achieve,ent for parachute jumps.

When I am back in circulation, we will have to throw firing range matches to each other so we can both get the Granny platinum medal.

To disappear your blip in Deathmatches, go into Stealth mode and use a silenced weapon. They'll never see you coming. Although lately I decided I wanted a special tint on my Combat MG and started using exclusively that (it can't be silenced) - I've got the 100 kills colour on, but I'm probably at 150 or so by now.

Team deathmatches do my head in, when people jump to the (supposedly) stronger team just before it starts. I did one that ended up being 12 vs 4 (me being one of the four), and it went to a 25-25 draw somehow.

Also, as I said online, when playing with crew members, it's always nice to look for nice views. Because the team that plays together, gaze together.

• Like 1

So all of this aggravation came about because I wasn't tapping the left control stick to go Stealth?

axe4it.gif

My Stamina is now at 100% - working on getting my lung capacity up to that point now. My character can run, bike and swim for miles without stopping. He also can run, jump and tumble on concrete pavement without any pain or issue.

As I sit here typing, with a home electro stim machine hooked up to my lower back and hip, I must admit that I envy this animated man.

The blatant hints that Trevor has mommy issues

Michael's trips to Dr. Friedlander are excellent seagueways into the various transitions of plot. "Evil" was a rather enlightening cutscene It will be a shame when I eventually have to kill the guy. It's GTA so I know that moment is coming.

I missed on killing the doctor :(

And you do meet Trevor's mom later in the game. Kind of makes his relationship with Patricia even more creepy.

The only time I ever bother to go to the impound lot anymore is when I have my more expensive rides out. Even then I don't bother sometimes. Most of my rides are hunks of shit, so it only costs me a couple hundred. When something gets impounded, I immediately call the mechanic to deliver something else so the impounded car will be destroyed. Then I call Mors Mutual. Rinse and repeat.

If any of you are ever doing the mission where you have to deliver 3 planes to Simeon's docks, shoot me an invite. I liked that mission but I can never get in a room with people who are competent enough to do it. And now that I've said that, I'm guaranteed to ram a plane into a container.

The only time I ever bother to go to the impound lot anymore is when I have my more expensive rides out. Even then I don't bother sometimes. Most of my rides are hunks of shit, so it only costs me a couple hundred. When something gets impounded, I immediately call the mechanic to deliver something else so the impounded car will be destroyed. Then I call Mors Mutual. Rinse and repeat.

If any of you are ever doing the mission where you have to deliver 3 planes to Simeon's docks, shoot me an invite. I liked that mission but I can never get in a room with people who are competent enough to do it. And now that I've said that, I'm guaranteed to ram a plane into a container.

That plane delivery mission is one I seem to get all the time when I join a random mission.  I've never been in a group that failed it, but usually at least one person crashes trying to land.  I've never tried to pilot the planes myself for that one.  I always just jump in one of the conveniently parked buzzards and go after the enemy helicopters.

JT's "I love my job but hate the hours I'm working" GTA5 workrate report:

I was a zombie this morning and didn't have much game time this morning before I had to run some errands.

- It always rains as I am leaving Ursula's place in the morning.

- Two more Arms Trafficking misisons (one by air and one by land) and I am done!  Dropping bombs on shit with the Cuban is becoming my favorite thing now that I'm getting the hang of flying a prop plane.  I thought I would dread the air missions more, but it turns out that the land runs are more problematic especially since the game forces me to get out of my dune buggy to collect the package while arms dealers can just run over the box (and me if I am in the wrong place at the wrong time) to grab the shipment.

- Rockstar found a way to make even hunting a pain in the ass.  You can iiterally burn away the entire hunting window (0500hrs to 1900hrs or dawn to dusk) trying to earn a Gold medal.  Mountain Lions are just as lethal as they were in RDR and Cletus's hunting challenges are way more ridiculous than the ones in RDR (Kill a Boar by running it over with an ATV?  Kill a Mountain Lion with a GRENADE~??.. Riiiight.) 

In order to get money, you have to text Cletus a picture of your kill.  I killed a couple of coyotes with a shotgun to meet a Level 1 Hunting Challenge and inadvertently sent the picture I took to Cheng instead of Cletus.  

Cheng sent me a reply: "Are you trying to threaten me?"

- SCOOTER BROTHERS~!  WE ARE GOING ON A JOURNEY, A JOURNEY OF SCOOTERS~!

- I finally got Franklin some tattoos.  The one he has of Chop he has on his right arm fucking rules.

- Wow, the Random Encounter at the RON Alternates Wind Farm.  Don't come a knockin'....

I got killed by a random cougar the other day as michael walking around up north. I was not armed and it jumped me before i could pull any weapons.

This was up by the Yoga icon in the NE part of the map.

---

Doing a bunch of the parachute missions in story mode.

Loved parachuting off the building i live in on online mode onto the golf course.

Have you guys heard of this, and if so, how is it possible? I was in my garage on GTA 5 Online last night when a message popped up that said some of the other players on the server were voting to ban me for bad behavior, and if I didn't straighten up my act, I'd be booted off. 

How do you do that? I looked all over for a feature like that for other players (to see how it's done) and couldn't find it. And it's weird - all I had done in the game at that point was drive to a Los Santos Customs, steal a nearby NPC's car, sell it, and go back to my garage. The only player I recognized that I'd had a run-in with before left quite a bit before my warning popped up.

I'm wearing out my welcome in Los Santos. 

Have you guys heard of this, and if so, how is it possible? I was in my garage on GTA 5 Online last night when a message popped up that said some of the other players on the server were voting to ban me for bad behavior, and if I didn't straighten up my act, I'd be booted off. 

How do you do that? I looked all over for a feature like that for other players (to see how it's done) and couldn't find it. And it's weird - all I had done in the game at that point was drive to a Los Santos Customs, steal a nearby NPC's car, sell it, and go back to my garage. The only player I recognized that I'd had a run-in with before left quite a bit before my warning popped up.

I'm wearing out my welcome in Los Santos. 

Same happened to me. I responded by sniping people as they left the apartment everyone buys. Nothing happened.

I am a God.

• Like 1