DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

• 2 weeks later...

Played this for the first time in months yesterday so I could get that hatchet. I was shocked to find that that NPC kills counted toward the 25.

I didn't interact with a single dot the whole time. It was the most docile room I have ever been in. I even ran some Business...something or other mission where I had to kill Merryweather dudes and deliver a vehicle. No one came after me. It was weird. Deloreans were flying around everywhere, but no one was firing.

I ended up coming in third in a "longest distance without crashing" challenge and didn't even realize I was participating until nearly the end of it. I would have came in second if I hadn't stopped to deliver the bounty.

What made me laugh is that I was on a motorcycle. I delivered three of the bounties for Maude without crashing a single time. I guess if you stay away from the game long enough, beginner's luck resets.

• Like 1

The new Paige missions that you start from the back of the Terrorbyte are pretty good. They pay quite well too. The two new toys are rather fun. The MKII Opressor, which is like a Deluxo version of the old one. 

The second being the drone, which is fun to use on people, since you can either electrocute them like the taser or detonate it and blow them up. The thing is stealthy and there’s no icon. 

All of this shit is ridiculously expensive. 

15 hours ago, jstout said:

Probably bad when I'm trying to do a nightclub setup when it screams "DUDE'S GETTING AWAY IN A PLANE! CHASE HIM!" and I'm all like "nah, I'm good."

That one isn't too bad.  It's the Tale of Us setup that sucks.  Fortunately, its not actually necessary.

Have Nightsharks become the hot new thing in freemode?  Last two times I've been on freemode has been lousy with em.  Stuck me as weird since they'be been out a long time but I've never really seen em till now. 

They kinda seem like a cross between a Kuruma and an Insurgent.  Hard to blow up, but relatively easy to shoot folks out of em.  Still don't know what it takes to blow one up.  I hit one with five stickies, and they didn't put a dent in it.  They did, however, launch the thing head over heels into some bushes, making it easy to get rid of the occupant.

3 hours ago, Robert C said:

Have Nightsharks become the hot new thing in freemode?  Last two times I've been on freemode has been lousy with em.  Stuck me as weird since they'be been out a long time but I've never really seen em till now. 

They were made free for everybody two weeks ago. 

• 2 weeks later...

New armored car is a beast.  I sat still in mine yesterday while somebody that was butthurt with me put at least 15 rockets into it.  It did finally start to catch fire, but I still had time to hop out and kill him.  Don't know how dangerous it is offensively, but it takes a pounding.

I'm wondering if they've gone too far with all the weaponized garbage they've added.  Can't drive anywhere without getting killed by a rocket from some flying thing you didn't know was there.  That's gotta cut down on people buying high end cars at least somewhat.  I've taken to using the Nightshark/new armored car just to avoid that, if I have to drive.  Otherwise, it's just stay on foot, which is about like it always was.

It's all a conspiracy to make freemode unplayable by November. Like how GTA4 online suddenly became a hackers paradise right before 5 came out. People were driving around the Airport on toilets and flying dinosaur skeletons, man.

New truck is fun in all the stupid ways I wanted it to be fun.  It useless in freemode of course, like every other car is now.  Had to go into an invite only to enjoy it yesterday for a few minutes.  It's perfect for one of those 20 minute melraz shortcuts.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

New truck is fun in all the stupid ways I wanted it to be fun.  It useless in freemode of course, like every other car is now.  Had to go into an invite only to enjoy it yesterday for a few minutes.  It's perfect for one of those 20 minute melraz shortcuts.

"Hold my two beer, boys. We're going as the crow flies."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got on for a little while last night before passing out early.  Had one of those moments where if Stout was there he would've asked himself "why do I play with this dumbass when he does stuff like this?"

There was a group of six running a Stand Your Ground.  Mostly really high levels.  They had the new tank, the gunner Insurgent and the new Oppressor.  The rest of the room was giving em a wide berth.  So of course I figured what the hell, why not?

Tank went down first, using the time honored Night Shift method.  Insurgent went down second, after I got up on a roof and the dumbasses came after me.  Oppressor guy abandoned his bike for the ground.  After that I left em to it.  

They did the steal motorcycles thing as well.  I got two of the cycles.  Then it became one on four in open ground.  That didn't go so well for me.

• Haha 2

I'd gotten used to the fact long ago that if there was a 10-person scrum somewhere on the map, Robert was gonna throw himself in the middle of it.

I prefer the time-honored tactic of picking on some poor dot 3-on-1 or 4-on-1.

One of my favorite Melraz driving episodes was when we were trying to do the heist that introduces the Insurgent, and he had the poor thing ablaze within about 30 seconds of driving it. I really don't know how he did it - I thought Insurgents were meant to be tough. This one couldn't stand up to the power of Two Beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://kotaku.com/gta-onlines-biggest-problem-is-other-players-1829039845

Oh y'all will be deeply amused by this

GTA Online has a problem. Not with shark cards or servers, though many players aren’t happy about those things, but with other players. Over the years GTA Online has added content that has made other players some of the biggest hassles, and now much of the community is actively trying to avoid other players in a game built entirely around multiplayer.

• Like 1

I’ll go ahead and say I’m one of those people who are just out for blood. At this point, that’s all there really is to do. We get together daily and just terrorize lobbies. It’s actually quite entertaining, especially when the victims have mics.

The fact that my nightclub product accumulates by itself, boosted by Business Battles, leaves me ample time to just fly around in my MKII blowing people and cargo up. 

Eh, I've had too much of my shit blown up by assholes to run around griefing people who just wanna work. Shit's expensive,  and who knows if they got lucky like I did with an easy money glitch.

Big problem I noticed last time I was on is that most rooms have just 4-5 other players and you'll usually get kicked way out of the room before you can send a truce message.

I'm perfectly happy killing dots, but I mostly avoid fucking with people doing jobs. Mostly. 

That article kinda sounds like what I was saying a few weeks ago. They've broken the game with the new shit. If oppressors are about I just stay out of cars. They're mostly harmless wtihout lock on