DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Why? It’s still relevant. There’s a big update coming out soon, plus the ensuing hijinks of the XB delegation to read about. Them, @Cristobal, @AxB and myself are doing our best to keep it alive on PS4 as well. 

Be kind to our 5 year old thread, it’s starting kindergarten soon.

I just wish they'd go ahead and announce GTA in Vice City already.  That Go-fast boat cocaine isn't going to smuggle itself.

I'm not looking forward to Trevor being one of my available genetic ancestors when I create my GTA Online 2 character.

Arthur Morgan from RDR 2 also ain't exactly prime dad material either.

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

Why? It’s still relevant. There’s a big update coming out soon, plus the ensuing hijinks of the XB delegation to read about. Them, @Cristobal, @AxB and myself are doing our best to keep it alive on PS4 as well. 

Be kind to our 5 year old thread, it’s starting kindergarten soon.

Mainly because it is a giant drain in load time - there is a reason that no other threads remotely come close to this length.

That being said - I am not closing it until RDR2 comes out because then truly no one will need it.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I just wish they'd go ahead and announce GTA in Vice City already.  That Go-fast boat cocaine isn't going to smuggle itself.

Really hoping next one is in Vice City, but I'm really curious what generation of consoles it's gonna come out on.

6 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Really hoping next one is in Vice City, but I'm really curious what generation of consoles it's gonna come out on.

The XB1 S is supposed to bridge a generation so my guess is that it should be able to run it while PS4 may have to come up with new hardware.

Feels a little anticlimactic when matched up against the previous update, but club management was one of the more fun aspects of Ballad of Gay Tony and I suppose you will need to establish legal front businesses if you want to launder all of that drug money.

Nice, well done. 

Mine was 6.

So this new update has some strings attached, such as a “Guest List”. I’ll let the R* Newswire explain...

If you’re on the list, life is good. The champagne tastes sweeter, the music sounds better from behind the booth and there’s unfettered access to everything you need to have the time of your life at Los Santos’ hottest clubs.

Get on the guest list for access to the best of LS club life along with extracurricular business perks. Log into GTA Online at any point between today and Monday July 2nd and you will be automatically added to the Guest List. As a thank you for joining the Guest List, return to GTA Online between July 3-9 and you’ll get GTA$300,000 and an exclusive Orange Wireframe Bodysuit (GTA$ will be deposited in Maze Bank accounts no later than July 9th).

Qualifying Guest List players can return to GTA Online later in July to receive new and exclusive rewards for logging in each week including:

Bonus cash each week ranging between GTA$100,000 to GTA$350,000

Exclusive discounts on forthcoming vehicles like the powerful MTL Pounder Custom – a highly customizable asset for your lucrative business deliveries

Exclusive liveries on new vehicles like the Ocelot Swinger classic sports car

New nightclub themed t-shirts

…and much more.

Stay tuned for more details around the upcoming GTA Online update including info on all of the Guest List perks and the weekly awards.

So...yeah. 

• Like 1

I ambled back into Los Santos for the first time in months, I guess, and proceeded to become King of the Nails. It was brutal. There were two guys who were kicking my ass up and down with all these bomber planes and whatnot near the airport. They got tired of beating hell out of me, so they tagged off to two red dots who immediately started hanging their shoes up my ass.

So I switched rooms. Fairly low levels, felt good about it, until I managed to get the attention of the high man in the room (Level 530 plus). He'd find some absurd way to kill me, then kill himself.

All of the bomber planes and exploding rounds have given the game this absolute war zone vibe. Shit just shakes while you stand and wonder "what now?"

• Like 3

Best Buy has GTA V for $16 for GCU members.

I'm struggling to justify buying this game for a third time (PS3, XB1, & PS4), but I think of how it might look on the Pro.

I haven't played this game in months, so I must be nuts for wanting to give Rockstar some more money.

4 hours ago, jstout said:

I ambled back into Los Santos for the first time in months, I guess, and proceeded to become King of the Nails. It was brutal. There were two guys who were kicking my ass up and down with all these bomber planes and whatnot near the airport. They got tired of beating hell out of me, so they tagged off to two red dots who immediately started hanging their shoes up my ass.

So I switched rooms. Fairly low levels, felt good about it, until I managed to get the attention of the high man in the room (Level 530 plus). He'd find some absurd way to kill me, then kill himself.

All of the bomber planes and exploding rounds have given the game this absolute war zone vibe. Shit just shakes while you stand and wonder "what now?"

You somehow picked the worst night I've seen all year to make your return.  This whole year has been less bullshit like last night and more an issue of finding dots that want to fight.   Last time I was on by myself, I looked at the player list and I was the only one in a room of about 20 with a K/D above 1.0 .  I've barely run into anybody rocket/suicide queens all year.  Its' been more WooooWeeee and less XXIIICIIIX Reasons Why (yes, I fully intend do hammer that joke into ground.)

So of course we finally get a Night Shift group of three, only to run into the following:

Communication problems because my damn cats ate the mic off of my headset.

The crew of three, with occasional run ins from others, that had to bring out all their toys.  Nothing like taking on 2 Avengers, a fighter plane and a tank at the same time.  I was gonna try to take em on in my own Avenger, but I can't remember the controls and ended up crashing into a building trying to open the bomb day doors.

Those two pitiful red dots that spent their time chucking explosives blindly and then killed themselves every time we so much as tickled em.  

XXIIICIIIX Reasons Why and his endless Crap Sniper/Rockets/Suicides.  It became so obvious he was gonna kill himself at the first sign of danger that I switched tactics and went to the crap sniper myself.  I only killed him with it a couple times, but I got him to blow himself up a whole bunch of times by winging him or just shooting near him.

• Like 2

As a side note, how long as it been possible to have your character barefoot?  I'd never noticed it before.  Felt funny fighting people who all seemed to be covered head to toe in body armor while I was running around barefoot, in a miniskirt and tank top.  Now I kinda want to switch to my guy and see how much I can make him look like Kevin von Erich. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Robert C said:

As a side note, how long as it been possible to have your character barefoot?  I'd never noticed it before.

That has to be new.  In campaign mode, IIRC the only person that can run around barefoot is Michael since he has a pair of board shorts skinned so that he cam walk around barefoot.  I used to put them on Michael when I had him sleep time off because shoes in bed are no bueno.

I always thought it was dumb that when I took Franklin and Trevor to the beach to work on their Breath Holding stat, they had to go swimming while wearing flip flops.

I also hated Michael's barefoot board shorts when it came time to salvage submarine parts.  They could've at least put a pair of swim fins on Michael when he enters the water to go SCUBA diving and taken them off when he gets back into the boat.

Got my ass whipped more than I whipped ass. Didn't mean to just disappear. Meant to turn the game off. Ended up turning the console off. 

Back on the shit shift tonight and the rest of the week. Ourghta give Robert time to get a new headset!

2 hours ago, melraz09 said:

Got my ass whipped more than I whipped ass. Didn't mean to just disappear. Meant to turn the game off. Ended up turning the console off. 

Back on the shit shift tonight and the rest of the week. Ourghta give Robert time to get a new headset!

Trash

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, melraz09 said:

Stupid headset slowed me down.  Was trying to get y'all to kick that fucker on our way out the door.  Blame the cats.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Best Buy has GTA V for $16 for GCU members.

I'm struggling to justify buying this game for a third time (PS3, XB1, & PS4), but I think of how it might look on the Pro.

I haven't played this game in months, so I must be nuts for wanting to give Rockstar some more money.

You will have a miserable time on PC. As bad as things were on last gen, it’s ten times worse on PC. It’s not worth the hassle. 

But hey, if you want it, get it. 

I think he was talking about getting the PS4 version so he can play it on the PS4 Pro.  AFAIK, they haven't made any Pro enhancements for the game, but I'm surprised they haven't released a Pro version.

Ahh, he said “Pro”, I figured he meant MacBook or whatever CPU thing. I’m terrible with technology. Apologies.

Seriously though, you’ll regret going to PC if you go, trust me.

Anywho, judging by when you get the “log in at least once a week” deal over, the 10th seems to be when this thingy comes out. You get the stupid Independance shit as always, then comes the full slate. I expect the actual trailer on the 9th, but hell, they’ll probably wait until the day of to release it. 

All I know is, that this’ll probably be really fucking expensive. Which, doesn’t bother me, but it’ll be hell for those under a hundred million.