DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

1 hour ago, RUkered said:

We don't have time for radios or Spotify on the Xbox side, what with all the Clint Black duets and Foghorn Leghorn impressions.

Not to mention John Prine, Seven Spanish Angels, and the Rodeo Song.

And me pissing melraz off by reminding him I saw the Highwaymen live.  Twice.

And melraz making Stout listen to Devil's Backbone Tavern, including the background story.

• Haha 2

I got on to say dalm. Dalm, I've missed this game. Some dumb "clever teacher" character had a king of the hill on the beach. Poor bitch. 

I find music references. I've had 2 beer. Join me for some live action. Got D.A.C. on the jukebox. Jody like a melody, and pledging my love. Recorded live in Los Santos. 

Up next breaking out some vinyls of all the highwaymen, separate and together. Eeepick night. 

• Like 3

I tried to join you last night,, but it was another one of those deals where I couldn't join your room to save my life.  Game kept saying I couldn't get into the room.

That''s what keeps me away more than anything - game's not fun anymore unless I'm playing along with friends, and I now can't join friends. Makes the whole thing pointless.

Get a new router/modem mane. Thats what I had to do. I couldn't join y'all forever. Since I've changed it not had any problems. Went and bought one at best buy instead of using Comcast's. 

But why does it work OK on other online games and then like shit on GTA? I do have to check some of the port forwarding to make sure It's still right. Should be, but you never know.

As far as music, there was the time we tried to introduce Melraz to Eddie Vedder, which worked about as well as you think it would. 

• Haha 1

At a guess, I'd say GTA's online component is more complicated and/or broken.

And I fully support melraz on his Eddie Vedder hate.  If you let me choose bands to erase from history, Pearl Jam is following Thin Lizzy, Aerosmith and the Smiths out the door.

• Haha 1

I like a small handful of Pearl Jam songs like Garden and Black, but he can still take his yodeling ass on somewhere else.

Now I'm gonna stop naming Pearl Jam songs before melraz loses all respect for me.

I still stand by some good old Alice Chains though.

"Innnnntoooooo the flood agaaaaaaaaain" ought to be our beach-storming anthem.

• Like 2

I dunno stout but mine worked with other games but not gta. Its weird shit. 

Speaking of shit I dont know, Pearl jam, thin lizzy, smiths out the door, or even Eddie Vedder, can't remember that brief introduction. I know aerosmith.  1 outta 5 aint bad. 

20 hours ago, RUkered said:

I like a small handful of Pearl Jam songs like Garden and Black, but he can still take his yodeling ass on somewhere else.

Now I'm gonna stop naming Pearl Jam songs before melraz loses all respect for me.

I still stand by some good old Alice Chains though.

"Innnnntoooooo the flood agaaaaaaaaain" ought to be our beach-storming anthem.

This wouldn't make a bad theme for the Nite Shift.  It also probably cements my shitty taste in music

I'm not the one to judge taste in music. If you recall in the early GTAO days, I would get just a hair too excited when Rihanna's "Only Girl in the World" came on Los Santos Pop or whatever the name of the station is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've caught myself driving a little faster whenever Only Girl In The World comes on the radio in real life.    I get confused when I see no checkpoints though. :-/

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, CSC said:

It's West End Girls for me but yeah - driving while a random GTA song comes on the radio is dangerous. 

Not for nothing, and completely tangentially.   Did you know the famous version of West End Girls is actually a re-record of the song?   The original is from a few years before with a different producer:

• Like 3

On 6/7/2018 at 4:11 PM, Robert C said:

Not to mention John Prine, Seven Spanish Angels, and the Rodeo Song.

And me pissing melraz off by reminding him I saw the Highwaymen live.  Twice.

And melraz making Stout listen to Devil's Backbone Tavern, including the background story.

Yeah the highwaymen ordeal still makes me put voodoo on you every 16th Saturday. 

On a positive note I'm gonna go see the devil's backbone tavern dude this weekend. Ourghta be a goode en'. 

Works kickin my ass right now. On a 7 am job this week.....it sucks. I'll go back to my other shifts next week. Hopefully be on Sunday and Monday night. 

Got on a little for the first time in a while.  Ran into two dots that seemed like they'd just found out about Kurumas.  It'd been forever since I saw one of those.  They got me once before I realized what was up.  Then they tried again and didn't notice that half the street was covered in blinking red dots.  They died a bunch after that, and there were a few more blowed up Kurumas .

Then I ran into Sir the Huncho.  He was going for my $1000 bounty.   Poor bastard.  He was Fishnuts level bad.  Was up 22-0 when he left, and he never came remotely close to getting a kill.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To those (not I) looking to grab a bunch of cash prior to the upcoming update next month, the doubled-up thing to take advantage of is the Act II finale. You just need to glitch it properly to keep replaying it. 

Close app right as you get that screen effect when landing the Avenger in the hangar.

Friend of mine netted basically $12-13 million in a very quick amount of time. 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

I've caught myself driving a little faster whenever Only Girl In The World comes on the radio in real life.    I get confused when I see no checkpoints though. :-/

This Mystic Decade by the Hot Snakes came on this morning on the indie rock public station.  I nearly got a speeding ticket on my way to work.

I got to the office okay since Dan wasn't there to PIT me into the highway median and then offer me a sketchy apology and a bullshit excuse about how he normally tries to race as cleanly as possible. :D

At least Mis was all, "I want to win really badly.  If winning means that I have to run you off of the road, I will do it without hesitation."  I can respect that.  No quarter asked; no quarter given.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jesus, we're close to 500 pages on this thread. 

I remember the first time I played one of the Driver games.  I ran a red light thinking that I was playing GTA and then all of a sudden here come the fucking cops.

Are you fucking kidding me right now?   This game enforces traffic violations?