DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I should be back on soon. Life has been kicking my ass in a good way. New duties at work, selling a house in a day, buying a new one, closing on both and moving in a three day period, etc. Then I have been doing the usual organizing and all that crap. To say I'm worn down is an understatement.

Robert, I'll be sure and send you an updated picture of some shoes under the new couch.

All I've had time to do game-wise is play some Mirror's Edge that I got from games with gold for free. It's addicting, despite being Miss That Ledge By Inches And Have To Watch The Same Cutscene Over And Over Until You're Ready To Stab A Kitten: The Game.

• Like 2

I haven't hardly been on at all. It's a case of be careful what you wish for at work. My dirt worst shithead coworker finally left. Unfortunately I got stuck cleaning up his mess on top of my already full time job.  I ain't even managed to figure out how much he fucked up yet, much less start fixing it

10 hours ago, RUkered said:

I should be back on soon. Life has been kicking my ass in a good way. New duties at work, selling a house in a day, buying a new one, closing on both and moving in a three day period, etc. Then I have been doing the usual organizing and all that crap. To say I'm worn down is an understatement.

Robert, I'll be sure and send you an updated picture of some shoes under the new couch.

All I've had time to do game-wise is play some Mirror's Edge that I got from games with gold for free. It's addicting, despite being Miss That Ledge By Inches And Have To Watch The Same Cutscene Over And Over Until You're Ready To Stab A Kitten: The Game.

Cmon Burke, you know it's not a real shoe pic if you actually remember sending it to me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, melraz09 said:

Been to dalm long. Dont know how may pages back I read but just got on and started here. Hope all is good with the best dalm crew there is! Work sucks! Hopefully get back in the streets eventually but if not by golly the horses will be saddled in October!!!

At least one of my two jobs ought to be calmed down by then.  Just hope I can get some tats that match my prairie dress for the online character.

• Like 1

I'm just excited for new cowboy hats and boots. Oh and the tomahawk. Robert go to the Indian village and let them at least give you some war paint. 

I'm gonna try to get on my next off day, when that is, dalm if I know.

15 hours ago, Robert C said:

I haven't hardly been on at all. It's a case of be careful what you wish for at work. My dirt worst shithead coworker finally left. Unfortunately I got stuck cleaning up his mess on top of my already full time job.  I ain't even managed to figure out how much he fucked up yet, much less start fixing it

You work in software too, right? I don't code, but if you're fixing code, god bless and good luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUkered said:

You work in software too, right? I don't code, but if you're fixing code, god bless and good luck. 

Naw, even worse.  I'm a hardware designer.  Don't get to do endless updates like software.

There's always room on Andromeda for everyone. Plenty of room .And if you don't have the game yet, I think it's $1.50 at Gamestop.

Me, I'm just practicing for my inevitable spot on the Andromeda E-league team. TBS reality show, here I come!

• Haha 2

Six new contact missions were included yesterday. They’re okay at best, they’re doubled up and so that’s why I even bothered with them. They’re 2-4 players required. The shitty thing is that they’re setup like those Lamar missions, in that you need to haul your ass to Martin’s goddamn house in the hills to initiate them, if you intend to be the host. 

If you do it by phone or what I mentioned above, 80/20 you’ll end up with some random, so be prepared to back in and out. Other than that, it’s something new. 

My favorite bit about them yesterday, was when we already ran through them, a lot of the discontinued (but still there if you know how to trigger them on the map) missions popped up. I have Potshot, Coasting, Coveted, CCII and III already on a playlist. But Factory Closure, Close Action and one other I can’t remember would routinely show up. Which was nice since I hadn’t played those missions since the game first came out, and the friends I was with had never done them. 

Other than that, I cant wait for the nightclub update that’s coming soon. I mean, look, it’s something new and rather large in terms of the way online works. Hope it meets it’s expectations. 

Well hell, Xbox has an update and I think GTA will too. Might not get to roam the streets tonight. 

Did get on. Crew of 7 on the beach. I roll up on the upper road just to get shot at.  I flee. Rethink....to the mini. It gets some flashy flashy stick bombs on the nose. Crew has made it to the city. Off radar. Nail one guy who was far away he survived but the mini was moving so he felt it. Go 3 seconds further in the hornets nest and detonate. Kill 3 and leave the session. Yup I'm a bitch. 

• Haha 1

If you'd have told me a year ago that the Mass Effect: Andromeda thread would drop off of the first page of the Gaming & Electronics forum before the GTA thread did, I'd have said you were crazy.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2 you will get in game cash for GTA V

The amount depends on which version of the game you pre-order

There's also a scavenger hunt mission that's been in GTA for quite a while now, where you can unlock a gun in Red Dead.

Looking at those special editions, I'm not real fond of the charging for faster leveling.

45 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If you'd have told me a year ago that the Mass Effect: Andromeda thread would drop off of the first page of the Gaming & Electronics forum before the GTA thread did, I'd have said you were crazy.

Poor ol' Andromeda got deleted from my had drive months ago to make room for something.  Meanwhile, I spent maybe 10 hours in GTA, almost all with crew.

On 6/3/2018 at 3:45 PM, misanthrope304 said:

I saw melraz and ffunguli00 playing and got on for the first time in a while.  

That was a quality night of GTA.  The dots were plentiful, and mostly crappy.  Only major issue was that one fucker that brought his .88 mag to a beach party.

You missed what was probably the best bit.  10 dots, and 3 jets enter the beach, 2 dots walk out.  

Also, Hotdog knows how to get in there.  We, just don't know where there is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Poor ol' Andromeda got deleted from my had drive months ago to make room for something.  Meanwhile, I spent maybe 10 hours in GTA, almost all with crew.

This feels like a statement on commitment to making a game work. GTA V Online felt borderline broken for a long while, it took them forever to get the Heists up, but they were constantly giving updates and new stuff. Even still they are coming out with new game modes, almost 5 years later.  In retrospect, GTA V is clearly the game of the decade to me. 

• Like 1

Nightclub update pushed back another month. It’s a pretty big update though. It’s essentially what was intended to be two updates, now rolled into one.

My theory is that they’ve combined the aforementioned Nightclub stuff with the business consolidation update. So now everything will be in stereo with another. Plus they’ve got a new radio station (I couldn’t care less, I use Spotify when playing) coming out, so there’s having to code that. Plus there’s about 3-4 more vehicles and hideous clothing as well. 

But hey, it should be a nice final major update for this game, not counting small bits we’ll keep getting, since Red Dead is coming out in 4 months and that’s where they’re bread will be buttered for the time being, in their eyes. 

One of the pre-order bonuses for RDR2 is $500K in GTA cash, which isn't that much, but it's a sign they'll probably keep the game going for a while.  It's still consistently in the top 10 sales list and a cash cow for Rockstar.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:22 PM, PetrolCB said:

Plus they’ve got a new radio station (I couldn’t care less, I use Spotify when playing) coming out, so there’s having to code that.

We don't have time for radios or Spotify on the Xbox side, what with all the Clint Black duets and Foghorn Leghorn impressions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2