DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Sooo many turrible dots last night.  Not that I'm complaining.  I will complain about the usual GTA unable to join session fuckery that prevented me from joining melraz till he'd worn out his welcome in the first room.  Poor bastards in that room brought out all the toys - Insurgents, DeLoreans, Ttanks, jets....  None of it worked, so they had to break out the Orbital Cannon, just to deal with one guy.

The dots didn't improve after we got together.  Maybe 2-3 semi tough guys all night, and it was a long night.  Couple of em would just not go down, unless they got hit with explosives.  All I could figure was maybe they were using that ballistic materials bullshit?

One guy tried a rope a dope on me, letting me kill him easy then sending a 1:1 request.  What he didn't realize was we were doing a bigger version of the same thing.  The 15 minute time limit he set made it all the better.  Poor guy ate an awful lot of sniper rounds from melraz, but the best part was the hatchet kill.

One thing I noticed was the total lack of Kurumas.  Can't remember the last time I ran into one of those things.  We kept running into Insurgents all night.  I love those things.  Folks still don't realize that they're just big, slow moving targets with minimal protection.  As long as you stick to bullets and don't bother with explosives, they're easy to deal with.  

• Haha 1

Forgot to mention this.  I had no idea you could steal somebody's mobile command center.  Shot 2 guys out of one and was amazed when I could actually drive the thing off.  I was gonna launch it off the pier but ended up getting it stuck as hell over by Mors Mutual.  Seems like the new dots haven't learned about locking people out of their cars.  I allah akbared 2 guys with their own cars the other night.  That's always a favorite of mine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we got another update today. It’s incredibly race heavy. Which, look, I hate racing, but I do it anyway to hang out with my friends. I would’ve much preferred some new missions. Oh well. This update is being dripfed through May. Some of the cars look cool.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/60369/The-GTA-Online-Southern-San-Andreas-Super-Sport-Series

Here’s a complete rundown of the remaining vehicles that are to be released: 

http://gtaforums.com/topic/907163-the-southern-sa-super-sports-series-unreleased-vehicles-database/#entry1070149874 

I’m happy there’s finally a fastback Mustang. 

I thought the races were fine. Some a little too stunty, but some seem plain..

I have that problem where I can't join a pack for a race (shows a room dump), so I'm lucky to have 2-3 to race with.

Lemme tell ya, I'm a complete hypocrite cussing players for using new toys when I can wear out someone even remotely sub-par with that heat-detecting heavy sniper. I had some Level 40 dude over my knee just punishing him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jstout said:

I thought the races were fine. Some a little too stunty, but some seem plain..

I have that problem where I can't join a pack for a race (shows a room dump), so I'm lucky to have 2-3 to race with.

Lemme tell ya, I'm a complete hypocrite cussing players for using new toys when I can wear out someone even remotely sub-par with that heat-detecting heavy sniper. I had some Level 40 dude over my knee just punishing him.

Just remember, everything we do is legit.  It's other people that are the cheating bastards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, they’re boring, but it’s a way kill time and get the doubled up bonuses. 

Im glad that they haven’t patched the under the map Deluxo thing. I almost landed in Bad Sport for the 7th time last night, which would’ve SUCKED. Luckily, I was aware enough to my activities, saw “Dodgy” and left straight away. 

Good thing about that Deluxo deal, is that this update nerfed all weaponized vehicle insurance prices from $20k to $10k. Deluxo, APC, Oppressor, Ruiner 2K etc. I mean, the penalty is still there for being a dick, but at least it’s cheaper. 

Well, they tried to patch it again. They just did so very badly.

Now, when you get under the map, if you let yourself sink to the bottom in that spot you'll keep going and end up back on the map. It is of course not difficult to just not sink that far and get back into the rest of the under the map parts where you won't have that problem.

• Like 1

I still think they oughta reward you for blowing up weaponized vehicles, instead of charging you.  Getting charged for what amounts to using good tactics don't make any sense.  Plus, people bring that shit in freemode, they deserve to watch it explode AND pay the price for it.  

• Like 3

I was in a room by myself last night when a Level 26 joined. I noticed he was near Zancudo, but paid him no mind.

I started paying more mind when he came after me in a jet. I found a great bit of shelter and waited for him to crash. He obliged. The hunt was on.

He wasn't half bad. I had him 5-2 when I scoped him from across the viaduct and he must've figured "hell with this" and he left.

• Like 3

I don't know when the dots got really crappy, but I certainly support this development.  I'm rusty as hell, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Had a couple fun little sequences.  First one was finding two dots on the beach.  I decided to save the white dot from the pink dot by killing both of em.  White dot went passive immediately.  Pink dot ate a bunch of sniper rounds, and didn't seem to enjoy his experience at all.  His two teammates never tried to save him.  White dot came up behind me in passive, got off his 4-wheeler, and just stood there.  I was thinking surely he ain't gonna try this.  Of course he did.  I started my Mary Lou as soon as he came out of passive, and he was dead before he got a gun out.  Then he went back to passive and I went back to sniping the pink dot.

Second was when I was about to drop off.  I was parked in the middle of a main road, and some white dot came up and rammed me.  i don't think he expected the result to be as explosive as it turned out to be.  He got a bounty on the respawn, and I found him in a car with another dot.  They got blown up again near the downtown pay and spray.  The bounty dot got grumpy and set a bounty on me.  To his credit, he made it 9K.  Then he died a bunch.  Poor guy was not getting good spawns.  He made it up to the top of the pay and spray roof.  I got in that little garage north of the pay and spray.  Some CEO rolled up and got shot outta his car right at the entrance.  Bounty guy shot me up as I was putting a proxy on the CEO's car, but he ate another Mary Lou.  Another white dot rolled up and I killed him a few times.  CEO got back in his car, which didn't work out for him.  Cops finally got me, and I spawned out on a sidewalk.  Some cop randomly swerved onto the sidewalk and ran me over.  CEO put an RPG into us, finally grabbing the bounty.

Bounty guy came back and tried again a few minutes later, while I was on the roof of the mall.  He parked right below me and ate an RPG, then got sniped on the respawn.  Poor guy spent forever getting up to a different roof, then got sniped as soon as he got there.  Then he left in disgrace.  I finished up with maybe 75 kills, and less than 5 deaths.  Can't imagine how bad it would've been if I could actually shoot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Rockstar Games is running a promotion this week that will make it extremely easy for players to make a good chunk of cash. All you have to do is load up GTA Online, and you’ll be sent $250,000 later this month. Keep jumping into GTA Online every day this week to earn an extra $150,000 on top of that.

I’ve been abusing the shit out of the teleport/god mode glitch lately (it’s ridiculously easy and not known outside of a dozen people and apparently me). There’s literally nothing else to do at this point. I know I shouldn’t, but it’s fucking fun. Better used when you’ve got a friend or two in session, so you can all trade off CEO ghosting. 

Pausing, teleporting and stabbing someone with a broken bottle is hilarious for the reactions on mic alone. Squeakers and tryhards are the best. We’ll be in party chat, but mute and dump out to hear what’s going on. Good times. 

Good to roam the streets of Los Santos last night with Dan.  

Plus I got away with saying I don't like him on the baseball thread without being murdered!   

NO COMEUPPANCE~~~

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Plus I got away with saying I don't like him on the baseball thread without being murdered!   

NO COMEUPPANCE~~~

He probably just never got the right opportunity to stab you in the neck with a sharpened mango.

I think I've only been on once since the Mayor started his sabbatical.  Work and life been kickin my ass.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

NO COMEUPPANCE~~~

Being 100% honest, I didn't mean to send the first party invite to you. I was trying to join your game specifically to stab, and then joke around.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Being 100% honest, I didn't mean to send the first party invite to you. I was trying to join your game specifically to stab, and then joke around.

I knew I liked you for some reason. :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been to dalm long. Dont know how may pages back I read but just got on and started here. Hope all is good with the best dalm crew there is! Work sucks! Hopefully get back in the streets eventually but if not by golly the horses will be saddled in October!!!

• Like 1