DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I'm pretty sure they have mist of the elements for single player DLC.  The actors did record some new dialogue IIRC.  I just think Rockstar didn't anticipate how popular online was going to be and how long it would last.  There's no reason for them to spend time and money on single player content when online is still making so much money.  I am surprised that they haven't pushed anything out since the election though since they like to use the game as commentary/satire about the US.

There is no reason for them to spend time and money on single player content for V because they need to get off of their asses and work on VI and it better be set in Vice City.

Or maybe give me a current gen console spiritual sequel to GTA: Chinatown Wars set in San Fierro.

I can't fault Rockstar at all for going with the higher profit, lower cost choice.  At the same time, they've made so much quality stuff for so long, becoming a "pay to win" developer on par with the crap you see in the Google Play store was not what I had expected of them.  I'm disappointed at the lack of single player DLC (I enjoyed TLAD and BOGT far more than plain old GTA4) but I get it.

• 2 weeks later...

So it was showing the next unlock in my Bunker research as a Magazine with purple flash on it, but when they eventually finished, it was the red one (Incendiary rounds). Is Purple explosive, or Full Metal Jack? And is Incendiary any good?

I bet you lads just fast-tracked everything and unlocked all 40-odd upgrades the first day. My staff are now working on making the daily driver Insurgent into the Turreted one. Makes me glad I never actually bought a turreted version as a Pegasus vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a Hangar with the 70% Black Friday discount (three days after Friday, obviously), Now Ron doesn't call me every ten minutes to get me to buy one. But my E.A. does keep telling me to buy a car garage.

So, right when I'm completing Just Cause 3, Rockstar is transforming GTA into a Just Cause game. Fantastic. Freemode is going to be even more of a nightmare.... on the other hand, they spent all that time making under the sea scenery that most people have never seen (unless they're going for collectables). So submersible cars might put people into the ocean, and out of the city, a bit more.

11 hours ago, AxB said:

So, right when I'm completing Just Cause 3, Rockstar is transforming GTA into a Just Cause game. Fantastic. Freemode is going to be even more of a nightmare.... on the other hand, they spent all that time making under the sea scenery that most people have never seen (unless they're going for collectables). So submersible cars might put people into the ocean, and out of the city, a bit more.

This is exactly what I was thinking, but this will probably be a lot more fun than Just Cause 3.

I can only imagine what the Lotus Esprit Turbo submarine car will cost, especially since it looks like the damned things have torpedoes.

That $43m is going to go so fast with this update. There’s a solo dupe glitch out there, actually quite a few. I don’t do them, but they look quite easy if you need some quick bonds before Tuesday. 

There’s also a new teleport glitch out there that I’ve been privy to. It’s some secret amongst those glitch creators, but I have an inside source. It’s quite simple, I haven’t done it but I’ve seen my source do it. It’s legit.