DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

On 7/10/2017 at 7:31 PM, AxB said:

jI wanted to change the name of my Motorcycle Club, because 'Motorcycle Club' is a stupid name. I was going to change it to 'Death Valley Riders', but I messed up and pressed the wrong button when I was trying for a Capital V. So now, I'm the President of 'Death'.

(I know, it sucks that it's not "Valley".)

9 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Baby steps, Mel. Once you get the thermal/exploding sniper rounds, you'll realize how fun it is. As well as go broke 7 times as fast. 

Thats right up my alley. I need this! 

Dont remember how little cash I have. Guess I need a dead hooker glitch again too. 

Twice I've done the Cocaine sales mission in the Rubbish Van, and I've not been paid for it. Bloody LJT taking five minutes to phone up and say he's transferring funds, and I don't get a bloody penny of it. I'm down like $100,000.

Pretty dirty free roam glitch tactic going around. Which, of course I've done. It only takes like, 2 minutes to do. Basically, if done successfully, you are completely invisible and not on radar. It's fun. 

20 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

XBox One.

Do you guys usually do friends only sessions?

I usually just go into the general population and take my chances.

I think Dolfan is the last one playing on the xbox side at all.  The rest of us pretty much packed it in around the time Andromeda came out.

So I had to kill a revealed player as a daily. So I'm doing a Deathmatch, and of the two guys on my team, on is AFK, but it's OK because the other has a 5.58 K/D. So I figured. I went 15-7. But we lost (against one guy) because Mr 5+ K/D went 1 kill to 7 deaths. The guy who wasn't playing only went 0-4. So all in all, further proof (not that proof were needed) that having a high K/D doesn't mean shit.

13 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Having a K/D in the 2-3 range probably means you're good at freemode killing. Having a K/D above 5 means you probably spend your time in freemode marksman dancing over sticky bombs that you trigger the second a bug bites you.

Or in a jet. Or you're actually really good in freeroam. I have three friends in the 6 range who I'm usually with, and I know they don't pull that sticky/marksman bullshit or suicide every five seconds. 

Fighting in Freemode is stupid and pointless. You don't get paid for it (in fact you're paying to do it. And most people are basically buying kills, at that). Deathmatches are for fighting in. You get rewarded for doing them, therefore they're a worthwhile activity. 

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Fighting in Freemode is stupid and pointless. You don't get paid for it (in fact you're paying to do it. And most people are basically buying kills, at that). Deathmatches are for fighting in. You get rewarded for doing them, therefore they're a worthwhile activity. 

To each his own, I guess. I enjoy pissing people off to the point of getting in-game texts. I find it enjoyable to get someone worked up to the point of being that pissed off at a video game. It makes for a better battle. 

The money aspect you mentioned isn't a big deal to me. I'm well off. I guess if you're broke, freeroam isn't a worthwhile option, like you said. 

Deathmatches, I'm biased, I hate them because they're boring as shit. You get spawn-trapped with some laggy fuck doing the marksman dance. Cool. 

I'll take freeroam any day over that bs. 

6 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Deathmatches, I'm biased, I hate them because they're boring as shit. You get spawn-trapped with some laggy fuck doing the marksman dance. Cool. 

That's a far more accurate description of Freemode fighting than any deathmatch I've ever done. Besides which, put it on locked weapons and nobody has a Marksman Rifle.

I didn't mind deathmatches when they were actual deathmatches. Now that they're mostly unarmed/melee fights which is all about who has the worst internet connection or "parkour" which is not boring af for exactly one person in there means I almost never bother.

People who have Deathmatches as Daily Objectives still do them. Usually if you start Ace Liquor from the pause menu you can get in a lobby of proper matches (because people always pick the top one on the list if they want to host one).

Played for maybe an hour and a half just now, and I really thought freemode would be all these exotic weapons and crazy vehicles, but it wasn't. It was just like it was before the gunrunning thing. People constantly send you invites to heists, and there's a little scrapping going on, but mostly people mind their own business. There were 2-4 guys running drugs and guns, usually not getting hassled.

I was mainly attacking people on the game chat just for fun. There was one guy who gave me trouble, but we got separated and decided to share the BMOC title as it was mainly just him and me killing people. One guy climbed up into my shit and paid for it with five straight Allah Akbars - you think he would've caught on by one or two, but nope. He eventually found another place on the map to be.

The game is really good for such a laugh when you're kicking someone's ass. It's just so satisfying to hear someone call you a bitch after their third consecutive death. But I have a feeling that at about 1-2 a.m., it's a different game.

It still pisses me off that I still know the map so well. And I swear, I dunno if they juiced them up or I forgot how fast they went, but every car seems to haul ass now. Even the Mini-Cooper. They're damn near impossible to drive.

Free mode is weird now. It's work, fighting or nothing. Which is, in all fairness, what's it always been. 

Had a tough guy two days ago, more on that in a second. A friend and I like to join an invite when we're bored and do a "quick job heist", "friends in session" thing. Just, joining a random heist or mission for the sole purpose of either A: finding a smart host and just rolling with it. Or B: laughing at the absurd way some of these dipshits play while we make money. 

So, we load back in (9-12 lobby, I don't remember. Too drunk, as usual). Ten seconds go by and we notice someone doing stand your ground, comment on it in party. I don't know if this guy was picking a fight because of my rank (869) or what, but he texts me immediately within 2 minutes, with something to the affect of, "Don't even think about coming here." But with more slang. 

We see he's chirping, and swap out to lobby to hear him. Usual gangsta. We killed him obviously. I went on mic to deliberately egg him on, as he routinely told me he'd "put me in a box". 

Fun times. I can't wait for these kids to go back to school soon and clear up the lobbies a bit. 

Also, I miss when this thread was relevant with funny stories, but I understand that things change. Still, those were good times. 

There's not actually that much to do in the Andromeda galaxy. But there's a lot to collect, and it takes a long time to collect things. But the Microsofties might return to Los Santos at some point.