DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Any news on the beach bum pack?

The only date they've given is "early November".

I didn't play online too much last night because I was getting annoyed at some idiot gunning for me for no reason.  If I have my spawn set to my apartment, why does it put me right next to the person that just killed me and is using his car for cover or to run me over with so that if I blow it up I get bad sport points?  Ugh.

Before that I was doing Titan of a Job and the guy who as piloting intentionally crashed the plane.  WTF.

Single player wasn't much better.  The Episilon quest for Michael is a lot of busy work, as is the real estate Strangers mission for Trevor.

I think I might need to take a break.

Friends you can trust! I did a Cargobob mission earlier where you need to steal one and then lose the cops. The guy was flying ours managed to lose the cops at long last, then randomly just nosediced into the sea and quit the session.

What happened on Friday? Because I take one day off, and I return to see my spare Elegy has vanished, the Sanchez I blew up weeks ago has returned, and my three Chrome cars are all back to un-modified, Factory fresh versions. How can I get me mods back?

I said "screw it" and spent all my reparations plus more on the Adder, then found myself saying "I've gotta save money to get my cars more souped up." That is, until I walked into AmmuNation and was like "hey, a new weapon! Gonna need the bigger clip, the silencer, the flashlight..."

I ground the Commute into the ground, must've done it 20 times, and finally won a race with my Adder and the leader booted me out of the job the next race. I probably have the single worst racing record in all of GTA Online - I think I'm something like 35-355.

My 8 year old nephew is obsessed with playing GTA but of course my sister won't let him. Every time he comes over he has a good hour of trying to persuade her to let him play it. Today I had to laugh at, but also applaud his attempts. He said...

"When I watch scary movies I have nightmares about zombies and ghosts, and I can't sleep and have bad thoughts. But when I play GTA I have wonderful dreams about driving in the countryside. But you... (Starts to release the waterworks at this point) you, mum... (Full on crying, can barely speak)... You've stopped my dreams from coming true!"

• Like 7

My 8 year old nephew is obsessed with playing GTA but of course my sister won't let him. Every time he comes over he has a good hour of trying to persuade her to let him play it. Today I had to laugh at, but also applaud his attempts. He said..."When I watch scary movies I have nightmares about zombies and ghosts, and I can't sleep and have bad thoughts. But when I play GTA I have wonderful dreams about driving in the countryside. But you... (Starts to release the waterworks at this point) you, mum... (Full on crying, can barely speak)... You've stopped my dreams from coming true!"

Hell of a promo by your nephew

It's not too late to get into this right? I'm right around the Paleto Bay Score in the story mode and I'm wanting to go online. I know everyone has a big headstart with leveling and the stimulus package and everything. Will it be difficult for me to jump in now? I joined the Social Club crew a few days ago. My XBox name is AlyssIs10ftTall, some of you may have played a game with me on ME3. I still don't have a headset but I'll be looking into getting one if I enjoy it.

Would you guys help me level up my guy is what I'm asking, basically. I might need some assistance.

However I can help, it seems like I'm on there 24 hours a day these days (jstout423). People going places on vacation is such an old-fashioned notion. I'm spending my vacation in Los Santos.

Not getting the stimulus is a bummer, but you'll find as you keep doing the same stuff over and over again (racing, missions and survival), you'll gain money and level up. I was counting on the stimulus to buy an apartment, but I managed to save enough to buy a $200,000 apartment long before the stimulus hit and still had enough dough to buy whatever cool weapon opened up as I leveled up. You get a free snazzy Sports car when you get a garage or apartment to store it in.

I have a headset, but never use it. Very few people do. I guess they'd come in handy sometimes.

I got plenty of help today from Rukered - it was comical - he invites me on a mission, I do absolutely nothing to help the mission whatsoever, then collect the $20,000 after everyone else finishes the mission. It was like alms for the damaged. "Here you go, lad, here's $20,000."

Then I got to racing these other two guys and I kept beating them and beating them and beating them with my modded-out Adder and they never changed car types or turned the custom cars off. They just kept coming back for more. It was like someone handing me 10 grand every couple of minutes or so. It was glorious. I finally got my race winning percentage above the .100 mark.

• Like 1

Ok, with the Stimulus I finally bought an apartment and a garage.

I stole a car and sold the original car I had when I first started online.

Whenever I leave the garage with the car I stole (and have since bought insurance on and put a locator on) I have 2 stars. I know I stole this car, but is this how it is going to be every time I drive it out of my garage? I put a LOT of money into souping it up.

I always used to be able to ditch the cops real easy in that situation - I could literally drive across the street from the house and they couldn't find me, so maybe it's not as tough as a "traditional" two-star rating. I eventually sold the car and that quit happening.

Now, I've dragged home two cars I've stolen (drove them into the garage in a hurry to escape), and I can't get rid of them. I take them outside the garage, sometimes a ways down the road, and they respawn in my garage despite not having a tracker on them. So I'll drag them outside again, and they'll reappear. I could probably either blow them up or sell them to LSC, but they're both worth about $1,000 apiece.

I had one of my motorcycles impounded after dying in a shootout and i dallied too long and it was destroyed (didnt have a tracker or insurance on it).

I had someone gotten to my 10 car limit so i didnt mind. Ive now been storing expensive cars to sell (ballas mostly).

I got plenty of help today from Rukered - it was comical - he invites me on a mission, I do absolutely nothing to help the mission whatsoever, then collect the $20,000 after everyone else finishes the mission. It was like alms for the damaged. "Here you go, lad, here's $20,000."

If I'm remembering right, weren't you in the mission where we had to get inside Fort Zancudo and kill some guy trying to escape in a military plane? I think it was you, and I was cracking up because you drive exactly like I do on motorcycles.

Me and my buddy got in a car with the other player, and he goes around the fort and down the highway a bit. Turns around and jumps a hill to dukes of hazzard us over the fort fence. We're on the runway basically playing chicken with the plane. I see his arm sticking out the window with a sticky bomb, so me and my buddy followed suit. I wish I had time to get a picture, because it was hilarious seeing the three of us screaming down the runway basically looking like we're fist pumping. Anyway, we all toss the bombs when we're near the plane, but all we managed to do was blow ourselves up.

I respawned in the fort, grabbed a jet and took off. I don't know how fast those planes are normally, but I was so far off the map before I caught up to it that it started shutting my engines off. I managed to shoot some rockets just before it happened. Took out the plane, crashed in the ocean, died.

At that point it's jstout and the other guy. I'm watching jstout, who is way up in Blaine county on a motorcycle with a 2-3 star wanted level. And that's where I mentioned earlier that you drive bikes just like me. Haul ass, hit guardrail, go flying into the weeds. Get back on bike, haul ass another mile or so, hit guardrail, go flying into weeds. Did wrecking finally kill you? I can't remember. Either way I enjoyed the show.

Anyway, the last guy managed to deliver whatever needed to be delivered, so we barely squeaked by on that one. I want to try it again - it was one of my favorites so far.

On another note, I bought and souped up a Comet, and have now decided I hate it. It just doesn't fit my driving style at all. I can't stand how it corners. I tried to sell it, but it said something like "you can't sell vehicles valued above $50,000." What the hell? I don't want to just destroy it, because I bet I have about 200k in it. Does anybody know if you can remove the tracker and insurance? If that's possible, I'll just give it to one of you guys if you want it.

Yeah, wrecking was the death of me. I think I hit a car and that killed me.

I haven't laughed as hard in a long time as I did when you were on the back of my motorcycle and I just plowed into the poor security guard at the fence at top speed and splattered us both against the fence in a violent fashion. You then headed off in another direction and I tried to follow but lost you and wound up circling around the outside of the base, trying to find the way in. I wound up back at the guard shack, "dammit!"ing the whole time.

Yeah, wrecking was the death of me. I think I hit a car and that killed me.

I haven't laughed as hard in a long time as I did when you were on the back of my motorcycle and I just plowed into the poor security guard at the fence at top speed and splattered us both against the fence in a violent fashion. You then headed off in another direction and I tried to follow but lost you and wound up circling around the outside of the base, trying to find the way in. I wound up back at the guard shack, "dammit!"ing the whole time.

Hahahahaha I forgot all about that. That was awesome. And because of it, if I see on you on a bike from now on, I'm hopping on because I want to see how many rivers I'll end up flying into.

When I got up, I saw that my buddy and the other guy were waiting in a car. That's the guy who drove around the base to the highway and made the jump over the fence. On our previous attempt at the mission, I did the same thing you did and drove my bike all the way around the base. I still have no idea how to get in there without that guy's fence jump or flying in.

From now on, I'm just going to call a Merryweather helicopter in and skydive down.