DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Ironically, when i dont play with JT as my guardian angel, i lapse sometimes into leroy jenkins mode.

I learned the same thing about myself playing with J.T. I didn't realize it before, but even though I use cover way more in this game than I do in most others, I'm still a haul ass/blaze guns type of player. I have to work hard to rein it in because the crew members I've played with are pretty tactical and I don't want to be the hotshot who has to turn in his badge and gun to the chief.

Like when J.T., Mark, and myself were doing the mission where you have to go up into the mountains and steal an RV full of meth. All three of us were on motorcycles, and I hate those stupid winding roads. Without thinking, I just jammed the steering to the right and tore down the mountain.

J.T. goes, "Dude are you...going through the woods?"

I hadn't thought a thing about the fact that I could crash horribly and cost us a team life.

So yeah, I think I know what he meant when he said I was crazy a few pages back. Now I try to tone down the Smokey and the Bandit driving as much as possible.*

*I stil can't promise I won't tear ass through the woods.

SO is ANYONE having problems with their iFRUIT APPS for GTAV?!I've yet to download it becase of all the glitches I;ve heard about.

I downloaded it for my Galaxy S4 and got it to work a few time but then it kept going to a black screen any time I tried to start it up.  It was kind of useless anyway besides getting to put on custom license plates. The stuff I did at LSC took at least 2-3 days to upload to the game and the Chop mini games were just annoying.

I avoid the one that requires the helicopter 'cause I'm not ponying up the dough for one. The first time I did that one, I couldn't call for a helicopter, so I tried to call for helicopter backup and then shoot the pilot and the co-pilot so I can try to steal the helicopter, but it crashed on the way down.

You can wait until he lands.  I would suggest using a sniper rifle to take the pilot out because I learned the hard way he will fly off if you fire at him but don't get a kill shot.

• Like 1

Sign you play too much GTA:You identify cars on the road by their GTA analogue

Seeing an actual armored car picking up from a retail store and wishing that you had Sticky Bombs and a Pistol.

I literally posted this exact thought on my facebook when I walked by a Brinks truck this morning.

I also love the "9mm Pistols are starter guns in GTA games, so getting shot with one in real life can't be that bad," school of thought.

The one day I did team deathmatch stuff online was when I was just starting out and the .9 was all I had, and I gave out better than I got.  Headshots are headshots, and the aiming on pistols feels (maybe it's just me) more precise and thus headshot-conducive than the later, "better" guns.

I stuck with it even after I got other stuff for a while, just out of personal pride at being able to hold up my end with the opening weapon.  Briefly entertained fantasies of building up a reputation as "the guy with the .9" online for about a day before I gave up on public server team deathmatches because the payout on races is so much better.

No pooh-poohing the .9 over on THIS end, I can assure you.

I spawned in a server over by the sandy shores air strip and grabbed a plane from over there. I was intending on just flying around until something came up and then got a notification that this guy grabbed the high priority vehicle. So naturally I fly on down to the docks to Simeon's garage. I get there and block the entrance with a truck and climb the roof to wait it out. I check the Map and it's just me and this one dude and he's a level 8. So he gets there and can't figure out how to get in so I just watch him drive circles around the place before I gun him down and steal the car and turn it in myself.

GTA Online is making me better at speaking French. Because I'm playing when Americans are all sleeping or working, and for some reason there's loads of Francophones about then... it's funny how everything is more fun when you're on headset. Like, waiting after a mission for people to vote is more fun if a couple of guys are on headset. This one guy had a German sounding name, and me and two French guys were mercilessly teasing him for not voting. "Dieter Sechs Sechs Drei! Voten!" "Ya! To Voten ist Verboten, Sex Sex Dry!"Nearly got to level 71. The Silver sequinned miniskirt shall soon be mine. Matches all my chrome cars :)

Sucks if you want it on red or black though.

Here's my "5 minutes with MS Paint" effort to see how it'd look on those:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't think either looks too bad, myself, and as most of my personal vehicles are all black, (I made my 2nd Elegy black and pink) I'd be good with it.

I might just rebuild my ammo stores and spend a couple nights grinding races before buying my Monroe.

Also got the stimulus and am now in the 400K apartment.

Has a nice view of the golf course -- statistically speaking, my favorite place in the [GTA] World -- what looks like my heist room I can't use yet. 

Currently hitting the pretend bong and watching my pretend person struggle to grope the pretend stripper as congratulatory texts from pretend friends roll in.

The Voltic is a rocket out of the gate. But once you catch it up it has nothing. Can't really mod it either due to the electric engine.

One of my mates got one, we did a race and the first 5 seconds or so everyone's saying "oh man... That thing is quick. He's gone." Then it hits its top speed and that's it. Plus it's light as a feather so if you touch it it goes a long way.

Had a wacky time last night:

Saw gang attack circle while driving in country.

After killing everyone, running around ans said "hey theres a helicopter." I was at mackenzie field.

Flew around. Landed at LS airport. Stole courtsey van. Driving around, saw unguarded titan in a hangar. Stole it.

Flew entire length of the map. Noticed it was not increasing my flying skill. Jumped out. Landed in middle of nowhere near the air force base. And suddenly had a warning level.

Also saved my ass in golf, getting to par after being +4 through 5. Not easy to concentrate when everyone else in the party is playing ME3 and hooping and hollering fighting banshees.

I have to work hard to rein it in because the crew members I've played with are pretty tactical and I don't want to be the hotshot who has to turn in his badge and gun to the chief.

Years of getting my ass kicked in Quake by guys who were current and former military have given me an appreciation for the value of flanking movement and hard cover. 

The reason I like GTA so much is that the first time you get shot, you learn to respect guns in this game, even the shitty ones.

Not easy to concentrate when everyone else in the party is playing ME3 and hooping and hollering fighting banshees.

Fresh, Rippa, and I were really rusty. It took a couple of matches to remember how to play a biotic.

I dig the new crew emblem!

glfpunk: You had that one coming :P

Man we were riding around and I see you and I'm like "kill that guy he has a bounty!". I completely mistook the red outlined circle that shows you as a crew mate for the red dot of a person with a bounty. Getting sticky bombed in an ambulance was quite fun though!

I did say we should change the Crew colour to green, didn't I?

Also, anyone else notice that when we last levelled the crew up, we went from 'Macho Man' to 'Public Enemy'? In GTA world, Rocco Roc and Johnny Grunge were a step up from Randy Savage.

I thought I had changed the color to green a while ago, but maybe it didn't save or whatever.  I changed it now and the crew emblem has been updated to dok's.

The "public ememy" tag is from the game.  The one above "macho man" should be "luchadore".  Sometimes the in-game title doesn't match the one I put into the Social Club.