DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

It's a returning player bonus. If you were last gen and transferred, it's free. I think it normally runs for $600k for those who started directly on next gen. 

Just like the regular Dukes and Stallion. 

This stint of double contact missions is great. I hadn't done these in some time, plus, there are readily available playlists of the best paying ones to bookmark. I made about $2m last night doing two separate ones. 

I was also greeted with a message last night upon signing on, that Rockstar gifted me $1.37m for no reason. Just a congrats and nothing else. 

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

I was also greeted with a message last night upon signing on, that Rockstar gifted me $1.37m for no reason. Just a congrats and nothing else. 

Seems that's another returning player bonus - pays you back if you bought stuff that is now free.  I logged on for about 5 minutes last night and got 1.3 million the same way.  Probably because I bought the submarine (with dupe money).

So I figured I might as well get the rest of the single player trophies to get the Plat. Only I'm at 99.5% completion, with only the fifth street race to do, and Hao is refusing to challenge Franklin to do it. And, having already done all 50 Under the Bridges, I went and did 14 of the 15 Knife Flights, leaving the hardest one (over the movie studio) for last. Then when I was trying to do that one, I was going from South to North, the way you're supposed to, and I kept not getting it (it's actually pretty tricky to find the right gap to fly through being as there's two right next to each other and they look identical in the dark, plus it's tough to get low enough to actually go between because you're going over a roof right before). So I thought why not quick save and then try it from North to South instead. And it worked... sort of. I got the Knife Flight, 15/15 completed, do you want to autosave? But then the plane went straight into the wall and Trevor died.

And then I didn't get the trophy. It says 50/50 Under the Bridge, 15/15 Knife Flights... and no trophy.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

And then I didn't get the trophy. It says 50/50 Under the Bridge, 15/15 Knife Flights... and no trophy.

Aw, that sucks. :(

I did all of the Knife Flights in the Biplane because it is slower and easier to control and I stole the unarmed Buzzard on the roof of LSPD HQ near the vehicle impound for most of the the Under the Bridge flights. 

There are two missions that require you to fly under at least one bridge for medal credit:  Delivering The Truth (one of the Epsilon Program missions) and Nervous Ron. 

It took me a few replays but I finally did the Under the Bridge parts of those missions without crashing my fucking airplane.

Have you tried simply restarting your console?  I have heard that some bugged PS Trophies will populate after a restart.

If not, then it may be the counter that is bugged and not the trophy itself.  Try redoing the Knife Flight you crashed and burned on.

I unlocked the Close Shave trophy with no issues but it took me an entire night time game session to locate and successfully complete all of the Under The Bridge flights.

The worst part is, most of them aren't that tricky if you take the proper angle.

EDIT: The trophy dropped five minutes after I loaded the game again, while doing nothing in particular. And Hao has now challenged Franklin to a Motorbike race. 100% here I come. Now I just need the 70 gold medals trophy and I'll have platinumned it twice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went into Los Santos for a little bit, got $62K for some reason, got a Dukes O Death and played that new top-view adversary race mode, which is fun as hell and should be tried out. It's over quickish. Doesn't pay real well, though.

Remember, gotta go on by tomorrow to get your $425K "tax refund."

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, AxB said:

EDIT: The trophy dropped five minutes after I loaded the game again, while doing nothing in particular.

Glad to hear that you got your trophy.  The Close Shave award is a fucking pain in the ass.

Lots of logistics (finding and saving aircraft for use later on, locating and completing the stunts) for 20 GS.

At least it wasn't as infuriating as pigeon hunting.

I have gotten total completion awards from GTA games since GTA3.  GTA5 didn't feel complete until I got 100%

On 4/29/2017 at 6:41 PM, jstout said:

Went into Los Santos for a little bit, got $62K for some reason, got a Dukes O Death and played that new top-view adversary race mode, which is fun as hell and should be tried out. It's over quickish. Doesn't pay real well, though.

Remember, gotta go on by tomorrow to get your $425K "tax refund."

They made a few things free that were payable before.  So whatever you paid on those items you were refunded.  

Finally hit $7M after grinding some double cash/xp missions and got my girl up to Level 100 finally.  

This is Roast... last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off. 

• Like 2

I actually hopped on for a little over the weekend.  Ran three CEO car sales or so.  

I got lost trying to find one of my apartments (one of the two that are right across the street from each other east of the movie studio).  

So apparently something happened and at the moment all the grocery store clerks are gone from the game

Not that anyone robs them anymore but yeah...

Actually, some folks are pitching a fit because robbing a store is occasionally one of the daily objectives.

I looked - Tuto hadn't figured out some kind of wacky store-clerk dupe glitch, so I dunno what this is about.

51 minutes ago, jstout said:

Actually, some folks are pitching a fit because robbing a store is occasionally one of the daily objectives.

I looked - Tuto hadn't figured out some kind of wacky store-clerk dupe glitch, so I dunno what this is about.

Holy shit.  When I was a career criminal with you guys we were running drugs, robbing banks, and stealing high dollar sports cars.

Convenience store hold ups are still an important thing in this game?

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So apparently something happened and at the moment all the grocery store clerks are gone from the game

Not that anyone robs them anymore but yeah...

They should get James Woods... 

2 hours ago, jstout said:

That was the first thing I figured as well.

There used to be a way to rob him for more money, by lightly pistol whipping the clerk as he was taking out the money. I have no idea if that was patched or even still worked. I could never get it to. 

The blue circles on the garages are still gone, which is annoying because I wanted to restructure my garage. 

The teleporting glitch is apparently back, but, not released because "it's a work in progress". A friend of a friend apparently was doing it, but like a dickhead, wouldn't tell him. 

So, there's that. 

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Holy shit.  When I was a career criminal with you guys we were running drugs, robbing banks, and stealing high dollar sports cars.

Convenience store hold ups are still an important thing in this game?

There's a whole bunch of people in Freemode - including me - who will torture low-level players trying to make a little scratch by robbing a store. Just like torturing anyone who tries to clothes shop in Freemode. Sticky-bombed-up car driven to block the door = ut oh for poor new guy.

Store robbery is an throwback to bygone days, a waste of time better spent making more money. Kinda like survivals.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, jstout said:

There's a whole bunch of people in Freemode - including me - who will torture low-level players trying to make a little scratch by robbing a store. Just like torturing anyone who tries to clothes shop in Freemode. Sticky-bombed-up car driven to block the door = ut oh for poor new guy.

Store robbery is an throwback to bygone days, a waste of time better spent making more money. Kinda like survivals.

Me/Melraz/RUKered: "Hey Stout, there's somebody in this clothing store."

Stout:  "Oh. Really?!"

• Like 4