DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Yeah pretty sure we had a game last gen, but maybe I have since mistook your psn for one of the shlubbs I had to delete off my FIFA team. 

If you were also one of those shlubbs then I apologise. 

(theharmonway)

Edited by Mr Harms
Added PSN

@PetrolCB Sorry about not joining Yesterday. It wasn't actually me playing, and Xav has this weird obsession with being a first person Taxi Driver. Franklin has $54 Million (one Assassination done) and he's driving a Taxi for a few hundred dollars a time.

8 hours ago, AxB said:

@PetrolCB Sorry about not joining Yesterday. It wasn't actually me playing, and Xav has this weird obsession with being a first person Taxi Driver. Franklin has $54 Million (one Assassination done) and he's driving a Taxi for a few hundred dollars a time.

No worries. I should've laid off the invites. But hey, you're on PS4 now, guess I'll see you sometime. 

Cool videos, Mis. I never could get the Allah Akbar working real well on Roar - about half of his kills on me were me trying to blow him up (again) and failing. I got him a couple of times that way. I thought you were gonna get that guy with the airstrike - it looked like you were totally on target.

Roar was fun. Spunky. Had a can-do attitude. There were a couple of toughies thrown in there, but the highlight of the night was for me to be able to say, in all seriousness, "you guys stay up there with him, I've got these three." Two of the three were working together, and I ended up christening them Mister and Miss Can't Play This Game Worth Shit. Robert ended up getting some love mail from Miss after uncorking on about a 20-0 run on her. She, he, whatever, was about a 110-something, but I've played against much tougher Level 20s.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone's gone to the Andromeda galaxy. There's a lot of things to do there. But not an unlimited amount of things.

We used to joke that stout was going to be the last man standing in GTA V but even he is over in Andromeda for the moment.

I am more amused because it now looks like mis has taken the title of holding onto a game long after everyone left with Destiny

• Like 1

Question: is online worth getting into if you're not a well-seasoned player? My son picked up the game on my PS4 and likes to just fuck around and play some single player, and I fully intend on playing through the story. However, while the concept of online seems cool, so far all I see is shitty fuckers everywhere just constantly ruining my son's good time. Seems like no fun, and now I'm wondering if I should even bother. 

There's a way to avoid most of the shitty fuckers in GTA Online, it's called stay out of free mode and just do missions. Other than that, the key is to either be a shittier fucker, or be tight with a few massive bastards to allow yourself to be the token nice person.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Question: is online worth getting into if you're not a well-seasoned player? My son picked up the game on my PS4 and likes to just fuck around and play some single player, and I fully intend on playing through the story. However, while the concept of online seems cool, so far all I see is shitty fuckers everywhere just constantly ruining my son's good time. Seems like no fun, and now I'm wondering if I should even bother. 

Give it a go. I had no intent on playing online a while back when I got the game. I'm not a huge gamer and own just this and MLB: The Show. Once I got my feet wet, I met some really nice people, who I'm still really good friends with, so I have allies. Basically, hone your craft and get to work. 

The main difference from when we all went online and now, is that there's A LOT of weapons at your disposal. Rifles, aircraft, cars. But not only that, game modes too (races, missions, activities), to occupy yourself with. 

So, yeah, give it a shot, keep your head up if you're getting your brakes beat off, because over time, skills can be picked up and the tendencies of lobbies will be noticed. Even with variety, all war zones have patterns that will become prevalent after a while. 

Good luck. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't go that far Phil, destiny has been out for three years?  I've only played about a year and half of that.  I've taken a few 6 month vacations from destiny. Kinda torn on actually getting destiny 2 myself.  As far as a mmofps goes, I haven't seen anything hold a candle to it, it just handles so beautifully I keep coming back to it.  

There's still the arms-dealing DLC in the pipeline, so this thing ain't dead yet. I suspect a return will be made eventually.

As for the new player playing in the first place, I say go for it. Just make sure they know their escape routes should people be too dickish - don't be afraid to go into passive or change rooms if the heat's too much while you're finding your way around. As you get more comfortable in dealing with those situations, you'll use that stuff less.

Most rooms (not all, no sir) have a basically friendly core these days. Human interaction GTA-style is too oddly random to be missed.

22 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I haven't played in a while since I don't have PS+ anymore, but if you want to get into online, I would suggest creating a private or friends only room (or buying an apartment/garage in the northern part of the map) so that you can move around and get your feet wet without constantly having PvP battles.  Just do missions and races to build up your character.  Once your character is more built up, then I would head into general free for all play sessions.

• Like 1