DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Collecting cargo crates to fill up a warehouse, which you can later sell. Or, sourcing wanted vehicles to store in your car warehouse, to build a collection and ultimately sell those individually or as a specific set. There are also public lobby missions you can do as well. 

Do I need one of those flash bastard supercars for the stunt races (and if so, which is best?), or can I just keep using the T20?

5 hours ago, AxB said:

Do I need one of those flash bastard supercars for the stunt races (and if so, which is best?), or can I just keep using the T20?

T20 is still an upper-end car. It's not the best, but you won't be completely left in the dust. There's better out there though, like the Nero Custom and the RE-7B.

On now, and some level 50ish was whipping my ass with a mur mur mur pistol. Not cool. I spawned into the room with a $9,000 bounty, and you'd figure in this era of car duplication glitches and whatnot, no one would care about $9,000, but it brought out a horde of locusts. Good to see some things don't change.

Sure are a lot of Rocket Queens on next-gen. Are guns out of fashion now? Is it the cool thing to spend $1000 dollars shooting five rockets at me, miss with all of them and then get killed by the cops?

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Sure are a lot of Rocket Queens on next-gen. Are guns out of fashion now? Is it the cool thing to spend $1000 dollars shooting five rockets at me, miss with all of them and then get killed by the cops?

Actually the hot new thing is to shoot off a bunch of rockets, then shoot rockets at your own feet to avoid getting killed by other players.  Bonus points if you manage to blow yourself up before the last of your rockets reaches its target.  This shit started around the time of the car duplication glitches that came with the MC club.  There's a whole new breed of K/D nurse out there.

Because the Rockstar servers have tracked every single kill in the history of GTA online, there's every chance that they could change it at any time so suicides count asbeing killed by a player. And all the nurses would cry, as their 3.0 dropped to a 0.3.

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

Actually the hot new thing is to shoot off a bunch of rockets, then shoot rockets at your own feet to avoid getting killed by other players.  Bonus points if you manage to blow yourself up before the last of your rockets reaches its target.  This shit started around the time of the car duplication glitches that came with the MC club.  There's a whole new breed of K/D nurse out there.

Suicide queens are the worst. In skill and general annoyance. Like passive jets. 

According to a half dozen dead gangstas, I am in fact, a real life bitch. I'm glad they all could verify it for me, as I was too busy shooting and watching them on the ass end of the kill feed. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. 

• Like 3

I had a fun one last night. When I'm alone in Freemode, I have a tendency to get bored. So I start doing stupid shit.

I found myself near a train, so I hopped it and rode around, blasting everything in sight with a minigun just to see how long I'd last before the cops got me and where I'd end up. Well, here comes a jet after me. Crashes right behind me. OK.

I don't hear from dude for a while, until here he comes in another jet. Crashes right behind me. Now he's gone CEO. You know what's coming next. Here comes the Buzzard. I shoot it down. He then came at me four more times in various cars, each time getting put down like the champ he was. He finally said "screw this" and left me alone.

So I wound up at LSIA, where I decided to take a Titan for a flight. Who else ended up shooting me down but british singing sensation Pill Collins! I taught Mr. Collins (a Level 32) some respect as best I could, but he was pretty wily with the proximity mines. I did manage to get him when he went into passive with the ol' turn my back on them but watch them the entire time trick. He finally left when he figured out that I was gonna be his huckleberry for the rest of the night. Sorry, Pill.

• Like 4

That "turn your back on them" thing never fails to make me laugh. It's like these jackasses take it literally and don't realize you can turn your character any which way but loose and still be looking at your TV screen.

• Like 2

With the delay in leaving Passive thing, you can turn your back, take a selfie with their ghost, turn back around, kill them as they come out of passive, and then photograph their corpse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUkered said:

That "turn your back on them" thing never fails to make me laugh. It's like these jackasses take it literally and don't realize you can turn your character any which way but loose and still be looking at your TV screen.

I like the patience involved. It can take a while before your victim decides to chance it and come out - "maybe he's away from controller" - only to eat several shotgun rounds. It's like how great dishes take a while to cook sometimes.

• Like 1

I actually had somebody get me that way a couple months ago.  Shot a rocket at his/my feet and took both of us out.  I never even saw him go into the pause menu.  He tried it again later, but I timed going into passive just right and he only managed to take himself out.

• Like 1

Playing Story Mode on next-gen, to see what they've added that I didn't know about. They have new character switches, so Trevor gets up to even more craziness when you're not playing him. Also, Franklin Clinton, Nature Photographer, what's that about? Do you get anything for finishing it? And how do you start Michael's murder mystery deal?

Has anyone done anything with edit mode yet? I tried a bit but I couldn't figure out how to place cameras ahead of myself. Should have watched the tutorial, probably.

Great times were had last night. 

Robert, Stout, and I were runnin in the streets bringing a new meanin to the insane clown posse. 

Me and robert were havin fun with 1 dot after 2 more had ran away. Another green circle appears and comin in hot. Robert finds out its stout. I tell robert, this poor bastard is fixin to get Allahed. 

Sure enough an explosion breaks the monotonous sound of sniper rifle fire. 

Pretty much our room with the exception of some dude named after german food and cant remember the other. I threw in the towel expecting to hafta go to work today.....got paid to stay at home, shoulda kept the fight going. 

• Like 3

The last holdouts were myself on Sony, and @J.T. on Microsoft. And I don't think JT made it, while I skin o'teethed my way through last second. I feel like I let him down somehow.

• Like 1