DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

New stunt races released. They're all 2x $/RP as well. Some of them aren't bad. 

Played about three of them so far. They're a blast. I was doing one on a motorcycle going up a hill when some dude passed me like I was standing still because he was doing a wheelie (to get the boost in speed while doing a wheelie, as improbable as that is). I then thought "I can do that too," and popped a wheelie. Problem was, as soon as I did so, I hit one of those green speed burst squares and the bike shot out from under me. Whoops.

• Like 3

If I told you that after reluctantly joining my friends in a race (I hate racing, but do it anyways with them), the very race that fucked me over yesterday, the exact same thing happened, wire to wire, I lead, and despite me slowing down and flipping RIGHT THROUGH THE CHECK POINT, it still didn't count it? 

If you guessed yes, you'd be correct. Which is how I broke my PS4 upright cooling tower, and punched it so hard, it shut the system off. 

Now my hand is killing me. 

I don't remember which it was, but it was the one with a lot of straights that has one jump over the arena. 

Nevertheless, it was absolute garbage. 

1ue3rWL.jpg

BAgqvun.jpg

wqQpfvn.jpg

YLokAsl.jpg

7XX73e0.jpg

All I did was correct their grammar in my reply texts. 

...oh yeah, and punch them in the mouth a bit. 

DrDabaholic's audio reply, from what I presume was a friend in the background was, "This game all 'bout bein' gangsta. Ain't no need for correct spelling and all that shit." 

Well put. I guess I shouldn't have broken kayfabe. 

• Like 3

STUNT RACE EVENT 2017
Earlier this week, we celebrated sky-high daredevils worldwide with the release of 15 challenging new official Stunt Races that the Rockstar devs cooked up. There’s also Double GTA$ & RP across the full collection of Rockstar Created and Rockstar Verified Stunt Races as well as other big bonuses and discounts geared to adrenaline junkies. Plus, everyone who logs in during the event period will unlock and receive the limited edition Pink Jock Cranley Stuntman Jumpsuit.

CUNNING STUNTS: SPECIAL VEHICLE CIRCUIT
The next Title Update, coming in March will introduce an all-new style of Stunt Races specifically designed to the extraordinary abilities of GTA Online Special Vehicles: the Rocket Voltic, the Ruiner 2000 and the Blazer Aqua. Each set of Races will play to the super powers of its respective vehicle so expect to launch across massive gaps at rocket-fueled speed in Rocket Voltic Races, seamlessly shred through land and sea in the Blazer Aqua, and free-fall into vehicular base jump style Races with the Ruiner 2000. 

Creators will also get the chance to craft their own Races for these vehicles, so expect loads of insane Voltic, Ruiner and Blazer mayhem from the community this spring.

NEW GAME MODES AND VEHICLES ON THE WAY
The wide range of Adversary Modes continue to be among the most played game types in GTA Online with more to come throughout the Spring including a gallows humor take on dodgeball we call Resurrection, and a nostalgic homage to the 2D GTA era with some explosive twists called Top Down – plus more to be revealed. 

To add to your garage collection, we’re bringing some of the most requested classic GTA vehicles by popular demand into GTA Online for the first time – such as the Turismo Classic and the Infernus Classic that first made its appearance on the streets of Liberty City in GTAIII.

If you still have Xbox 360 and PS3 characters and progress to transfer to Xbox One, PS4 and PC, you have just 5 days left to move them over and experience the 9 massive GTA Online content updates exclusive to those platforms, from Freemode Events and Lowriders to Cunning Stunts, Bikers and Import/Export - as well as all that’s to come in 2017. Visit the Rockstar Warehouse now to get 30% off and a bonus GTA$1.25M for upgrading to the PC digital download.

KEEP THE FEEDBACK COMING
Every update to GTA Online comes with a vast litany of under-the-hood tweaks, enhancements and improvements that are a direct result of feedback from the GTA Online community, so please keep on sending your suggestions and input via the GTA Online feedback page. We're also continuously advancing our anti-cheat tools in pursuit of bad apples; if you attempt to cheat or modify GTA Online in any way, you will be detected, suspended and be subject to a character wipe so it's always best to stay on the right side and help keep the playing field fair and fun for everyone. We also would like to thank players for their invaluable help in doing their part to report cheaters via the in-game reporting interface for action.

GUNRUNNING AND MORE COMING LATER THIS SPRING & SUMMER
Stock up and bunker down as you take on the craziest militias across the state of San Andreas in another massive update for GTA Online. Featuring brand new weaponized vehicles and exciting new missions, get ready to fight for supremacy in the illegal arms trade and wage war with the latest in high-powered military hardware.

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

GUNRUNNING AND MORE COMING LATER THIS SPRING & SUMMER
Stock up and bunker down as you take on the craziest militias across the state of San Andreas in another massive update for GTA Online. Featuring brand new weaponized vehicles and exciting new missions, get ready to fight for supremacy in the illegal arms trade and wage war with the latest in high-powered military hardware.

Part of me is annoyed that they're adding more crap that people are gonna bring out in freemode.  The rest of me is looking forward to blowing that crap up.

• Like 2

Something occurred to me today.  There's only 3 people in this CEO org.  Me, MBA lady, and the mechanic she hired.  Somehow though, every time I try to deliver a car, there's a dozen assholes trying to shoot me as soon as I get out the garage door.  I think she's trying to kill me.

• Like 1

Don't try and deliver a car in an empty lobby. The game compensates by sending NPCs after you and shooting the shit out of your car costing you money. If there's at least one person in the lobby who isn't in your organization, you won't have that. (Potentially the players might come after you, but only the biggest dickheads go after people selling cars when there's only $5K to make)

Looks like the mayor couldn't make it, so Stout and I spent some time polling the electorate.  I don't think they enjoyed the experience, based off some of the messages we got.  Stout did his best impression of the mayor when we got one dot trapped on the beach.  I got a friend request after killing one dot 10 times.  Then I killed him 35 more times.

• Like 2

What they lacked in talent they made up for in numbers, but they still weren't much of a problem. I never felt like I was in any form of trouble the entire time. I got killed my share of times, but it was still no big deal. Not a runaway "all these guys completely suck" night, but not a whole lot of trouble, either.

It's amazing to me how hot and cold my sniping is. I was torturing that guy on the beach, but I had so many clean shots at another guy at the beach and missed him every time that I was absolutely ready to scream. The Allah Akbar doesn't work as well in large groups of players, it seems, so that didn't work as well as it sometimes does. Still, no problem.

Finished Criminal Mastermind for the third time yesterday. Took us roughly 6+ hours (Combat time. Our Finnish first timer, we'll call him Ludvig Borga, went for a break to liquor up and sit in the sauna for a half hour, so that was a delay). My friend and I had already done them, but the other two hadn't, so we decided to go for it. Piece of cake. The only thing that had us hung up, was the Key Codes (first setup for Humane Labs).

We get there and the black car never shows up. After about 5 times we said "fuck it", and backed out to freeroam and started it back up, it worked. 

Labs and Pac was obviously the easiest to do, since it's the one most played our group of friends when we actually feel like heisting. Pac especially, since we take a helicopter to the boat instead of taking the now patched Kuruma method. Full take too. 

Nice way to spend a Friday afternoon/night. 

Didnt see roberts message till last night. I was either watering the grass or getting more liquids to convert to water for the grass. Probably a good thing, i had to get up at 6:30 saturday. Might be on tonight for a little while. Got some adulting shit to do round the house but hopefully it wont take to long.

So hypothetically, if someone was transferring a character right before the deadline and they were new to next-gen... if they had about 8 Million GTA$ in the bank (plus saleable assets) what should they buy first? Asking for a friend.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

So hypothetically, if someone was transferring a character right before the deadline and they were new to next-gen... if they had about 8 Million GTA$ in the bank (plus saleable assets) what should they buy first? Asking for a friend.

CEO office, if you don't have one already, and import/export garage.  Easy way to make money.  The garage that is part of the CEO office isn't really needed.

Second funniest part of last night:  melraz and I were fighting two dots down along the river north of Zancudo.  They were on the dirt road alongside the river, and we were up on the hills on the opposite side.  One of em found the only available vehicle - a Winnebago.  Probably not the best thought out plan.  I shot a rocket at it, only to find melraz doing the same thing.  His beat mine by a fraction of a second.

Funniest part:  Five minutes later vs. the same two, and still in the same setup.  The other of those two dots made a run to the same, now blown up, Winnebago.  Same result on the.  Dunno what he was expecting to happen.  What did happen was that I lost another RPG race by another fraction of a second.

The four guys that kept getting in the Insurgent were fun.  We must've shot 20 guys out of that thing before they all simultaneously disappeared.

Thought I had a sniper challenge won last night.  I only had two kills but nobody else had more than one with a minute to go, and I was doing a number on a dot.  melraz hadn't been able to fire a shot.  Finally he found a target, and it was one shot, one kill.  The unfortunate dot respawned and it became two shots, two kills.  About two seconds before the timer ran out, he found the dot one more time.  Three shots, three kills.  Damnit.

• Like 3