DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Took the Ruiner out for a spin in freemode and immediately gained the attention of two chaps in Buzzards. Then found myself feuding with an 86 or so.

He sent me a message urging me to "quit hiding" - which is apparently what the kids call taking cover these days. Since I wasn't making it easy enough for him to kill me, one of the Buzzard guys teamed up with him and it was 2 on 1. That didn't really go their way, either. They'd Mary Lou, and I'd enjoy the tumbling routine until it ended, then pop out of cover and pop the little gymnast, rinse, repeat.

• Like 4

There's been a lot of action on my end, I just don't feel like typing it all up. 

I'm in house show Hitman mode regarding the thread at the moment. 

Thank you, thank you very much. I'm almost embarrassed by the response, but when I see this, I know that the two years that I've spent trying to make you happy every night of your life was worth every damn minute of it. Now, somebody told me that the DVDR crew were having a party tonight on the board! Could that be true that the most elite thread that Rippa said was dead is alive and well?

Rippa, this might be my only shot, and I gotta tell ya, I'm gonna make it my best. Is this what you call a great moment in the crew? It's wrong, because this is REAL! This is not bought and paid for! It's a REAL - LIFE - SITUATION! Just like these past few pages, when you looked at me - tears in my eyes - and said 'God, that's good posting' - it was real! Neil passed the torch - it was real, dammit! You think everyone was crying in the thread like I was in the thread if it wasn't real? This thread, one of my favorite threads, some of the greatest players who ever lived, and YOU - you squashed them, in one post. Then you get on the board and tell us, 'Disband the Horsemen. They're dead. Disband the Four Horsemen.' You know what? I looked at myself in the mirror the next day and I saw a pathetic figure that gave up and quit! And for that, I owe you, the DVDR, I owe these guys an apology. Because it won't happen again! Rippa, whatever you think...

You're an overbearing asshole! That's right! You're an obnoxious, you're an obnoxious, overbearing ass! Abuse of power! You! Abuse of power! Cut me off! Come on! It's called abuse of power! You suck! You... I hate your guts. I hate your guts. You are a liar, you're a cheat, you're a scam, you are a no good son of a bitch. Ban me! I'm already banned! Ban me! I'm already banned!"

• Like 1

Oh, two things:  

The digital copy of GTA V is $30 on the Microsoft Store.  Get it @J.T..  

Also, GTA IV is now backwards compatible on the XB1.  So if you want to re-visit Liberty City and bowl with your cousin, you are more than welcome to. 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

4 days between posts

Let's be honest - the car update killed this thread

Yeah, it is kinda pointless to say "sold cars in a room by myself all night. Nothing happened." Much better stories when there's some hot dot-on-dot action.

I did develop some new stupid fun over the last few days: Get into a public room, seek out the lowest level in the room (single digits, hopefully), drive up to them in that Rocket Voltic and let them drive. I figure that unless they're second characters, they're probably a long way from being able to own one of the things. I usually have to send them messages telling them how to hit the turbo boost, but once they figure that out, it's fun.

I also, upon Dolfan's advice, got back into the crate game last night. I need more work with it to figure out some of the little ins and outs of it, but I came to the conclusion that it's a bit more profitable than motorcycle club cocaine work. I judged by seeing how much money I made after four runs - either four runs of stealing supplies or four runs of three crates apiece. This usually produces about $120K of coke if I sell in Sandy Shores. This produced about $230K for selling 12 crates. BUT, remember, I paid $72K for the crates. So that's about $38,000 more. Plus, you don't get charged $9,000 a game hour for having the coke plant running.

Probably the biggest advantage for me in switching from coke to crates was just getting some new supply missions - little tired of the same coke resupply ones all the time. I'll probably switch back when I get tired of the crate missions and take the hit on the money.

All of this, of course, is dependent on keeping the XBox One solo room glitch alive. When they close that up, it'll be the day the music died when it comes to making money in freemode.

• Like 1

Or in the case of last night, it was "4 of us played in a room by ourselves for hours, and kicked the occasional random dot".

This has pretty much become two separate games at this point.  One consists of tiny rooms where nobody interacts with the other players.  The other is big rooms and all out chaos.  I still prefer the latter, but sometimes you gotta make money.

Also, the crate collection out at see can go fuck itself.  That was more annoying than the car one.

• Like 2

I stand corrected on my crates vs. coke post - Rockstar's giving a 25 percent bonus right now for crate sales (and coke sales, but I didn't factor that into my above coke money calculations). So when prices drop to normal, you can actually make a little more money selling coke, but it gets eaten away by the $9,000 per 45 minutes pretty quickly. I'd call the money pretty much a push. Crates have a definite money advantage over any other type of MC sales (meth, pot, etc.)

The only advantage that coke has is if you're in a room with dipshits - if you try to steal supplies and someone blows them up, you're not out any money. Someone blows up your crates while you're collecting them, you're out money. Technically it's the same with the finished product - since you've stolen all the supplies to make the coke, if someone blows up your coke, you lose the money that you would make, but you're not out of any pocket money. If someone had blown up my crate delivery last night, I would've been out $72,000.

It aint dead, just merely asleep. 

Hording up money and waiting to bite again. 

Moving through the darkness or under the cover of shadows. 

Starving but waiting to strike. 

Stalking but yet, still waiting. 

Then in walks a lone little dot (son of a bitch i forgot his name). Wondering aimlessly. The silence is broken by the howl of a deranged monkey. Slighty, perhaps m@D. By God they aint no more hiding in the shadows. They aint no more sleepin. Bullets, fire, snot, and spit flying everywhere. 

Yet one dot stands for 2 or 3 seconds at a time against 4 assholes with a complete arsenal and the tactics of a two year old with a shit diaper. We dont want it, it stinks, and by dalmit make it go away. 

As the morning sun dalm near started its ascent over the mountains of north east tennessee a connection was lost due to an unknow network issue. 

The little dot was starting the see the light. Did he wait out the other 3 deranged ass holes, or did he finally call an end to this hellish nightmare of a world he walked in to......???? To be continued.......(by one of the other 3 i went to bed a little before 6)

• Like 3

Ol' Teen Wolf never did leave voluntarily.  We kicked him outta spite after getting fed up with him running away.  

There was still one guy in there when we left.  Money Stacks thought ghost org was gonna save him, but it didn't.  Shot him in the face and went off to bed.

Lotsa running away last night.  Only really fun kill I got was leaving a proximity mine inside the glitch for the 3 glitch bitches.

• Like 3

Those glitch guys thought they were the bees' knees until Mis figured out how to storm their glitch. When they got flushed out, it was a matter of time before they left for pastures new.

You had to admire Teen Wolf's tenacity. You couldn't admire his talent. Kicking him was the only correct thing to do after he really started running away.

I still wanna know how that one guy was firing inside the clothing store.

That one dot by Simeon's garage had to wonder what he'd done when he saw four buzzards headed his way at top speed. At least he had the sense to leave pretty quickly.

Fun, fun night.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention my favorite thing from last night.  I was driving up a hill east of town, closing in on Teen Wolf for another Allah Akbar.  melraz was right on top of him in a Buzzard.  Then Stout came screaming in out of nowhere in another sticky bombed car.  When the screen stopped shaking, Stout's car, Teen Wolf's car and the buzzard were all blown to hell, and I was the only thing left standing in the middle of a bigass grass fire.  About that time, Stout said "Sorry man, I had to."

• Like 2

Oh, hell, that's a crew rule - you gotta take the shot. Doesn't matter how many of us we kill as long as we kill the dot. I always apologize, though..

I still have no freaking idea how I killed Mis with the Buzzard that time. I thought you guys were nowhere near me.

• Like 3

Damn, that dude sounds legit as fuck. Hope you stayed away from him. 

Despite sleeping for three hours, and being up since 3am, I had a great GTA breakfast and lunch. We battled a group of sad sacks. Went 23-2, 18-1, 40-2 on them all. The last one, gave me a new enemy on my stat sheet. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

Despite sleeping for three hours, and being up since 3am, I had a great GTA breakfast and lunch. We battled a group of sad sacks. Went 23-2, 18-1, 40-2 on them all. The last one, gave me a new enemy on my stat sheet. 

My victim came from a long fight Stout and I had with 3 guys on one of those little islands off the west coast.  I got one of em nearly 90 times before they finally left.

My nemesis came from one of those stupid money and RP deathmatches.  They had it set for an hour and unlimited kills of course, but this time the guy forgot to turn off owned weapons.  It was too ridiculous not to do.  I got like 200 kills and wound up in the middle of the pack.

I created a solo room today, and eventually someone landed in it. He was leaving me alone, though. I was having the usual problems with the game not saving, so I turned the TV on in my garage and figured I'd wait it out, right?

Fell asleep for about 30 minutes. Got up and checked and the second guy in the room was gone, but 12 more had taken his place, and the room had just erupted into civil war. It was chaos.

I felt like stepping out of the garage and saying "lookit how you people, guests in my house, are acting." Instead, I just left.

EDIT: Oh yeah, was reading some last night and got back into the coke game, with a twist: I bought supplies for $75K, worked crates and cars about 3 times, then did the postal service delivery for $150K with a sliver of supplies left. I know paying for supplies cuts into the money, but I'm using the time I would spend chasing supplies to grab crates. I then drive a mail truck around for a bit for $75K, which isn't bad money.

• Like 1

I was trying to remember the other day - we used to grind Boneyard for cash back in the early days. Took about 20 minutes to finish it, and what did it pay? Was it 30k?

Just curious how these CEO/MC missions pay per time spent doing them compared to some of the old school methods we used.

Also, how are those special vehicle CEO missions? I haven't had a chance to do any yet-  doesn't appear you can solo them unless I'm mistaken. 

• Like 1

Survivals paid 20K at first and got raised to 30 after everybody found new things to grind.

So, you could net around $60K in an hour. You can make roughly $220,000-$240,000 an hour delivering cars and still have time to make about $120,000 in coke or crates.

I think the vehicle-specific missions pay $35K. The one with the big Winnebago-like thing takes 10 minutes and is super-easy.

• Like 1

Goddamn crate work. I won't blame my inability to correctly fly a plane. Spent $54,000 on crates, then had to deliver them to the Sandy Shores airport for the big payoff of $150,000 (which isn't so big when you factor in the $54,000 on crates and the fact that the payouts are pumped up by 25 percent temporarily). Tried to land too early, somehow got bent around on a friggin' cactus, and there goes the mission, all nine crates lost.

I can do the plane drops in the drug sales because I don't have to land. And I even managed to land last time I did a crate delivery, but not this time. Losing the whole thing is a tough pill to swallow after spending the money and doing the work to get the crates. It seems like the delivery's by plane more times than not, which is dangerous for an idiot like myself.