DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Nothing better than carpooling to work with a good friend... 

Skynet: "Hey, what do you wanna do? Wanna kill some people or do some work?"

Me: "Not sure. I kind of wanna finish some car collections, I need like, 1 or 2 to complete. I've been getting heavy into fighting again recently. I want to lay low, you know. I'm not really looking to get into combat right now." 

Skynet: "Ok, cool. I agree." 

::en route to CEO tower together:: 

Me: "Hah, look at this stupid dot. ......::dual-devil shoulders::.... let's get him." 

Three hours later, no car work done, no deaths between the two of us. 23 people cleaned out of the lobby. Multiple kills on each, ruined cargo, cars, numerous profane texts sent to the both of us. 

"...Okay, let's get to work." 

Solid late shift. 

Why, here's one of those casualties right now... 

5rcMyST.jpg

Nevermind, it's your typical douché GTA freeroamer. 

• Like 5

"Cum Stains Crew," eh? I bet they're a fun lot to be around.

One might say they...blew their load a little too early... *Austin Powers grin*

Looks like someone...put the D in K/D ratio... *Austin Powers grin*

(I may or may not have had two beer. This message aired in its original format and does not reflect the views of sober RUkered.)

• Like 1

Just got done screwing around in freemode with Austrian Sensation Herby~! He was showing me the rocket Voltic, which is just so much fun to screw around with. It has no real practical use, but blazing up mountains and taking stunt jumps couldn't be funner. Car's remarkably sturdy, too - it doesn't like water (of course), but it'll take about a billion hard falls before starting to smoke. Can't wait to soup mine up tomorrow and go take on Mount Chilliad. Now, I really want the car with the parachute, 'cause a parachute would make the rocket Voltic about damn perfect.

After assistance doing the mission from some friendly randoms, I ponied up the dough yesterday for the Ruiner 2000 (the KITT car).

I don't know what to make of it. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but it absolutely doesn't climb hills for shit, making it hard to do any kind of cool off-roading with the parachute (short of using a cargobob). Its effectiveness as a freemode weapon is kinda damaged by how easily blown up it is and the five-minute cooldown after it gets blown up. I managed to off a couple of people with it while driving around the middle of town, but it doesn't strike me as a majorly effective freemode weapon. I could be wrong. I think that's why there aren't a bunch of them around - no one's figured out how to use them in a real effective way.

It does do this cool, effective bunny hop when you push in on the left stick, but problem with that is, I pushed in on the left stick several times as part of driving (which is why I always honk horns during races), and I'd do this sudden bunny hop that would absolutely screw me up.

It's not as much fun for general dicking around as the Rocket Voltic, and I'm not sure how effective of an offensive tool it is, so I'm not really sure what its real purpose is.

Got another 250K money drop from Rockstar last night.  I still think this might be related to the broken servers.  Somehow, though, I didn't get a single save failed in the hour or so I was on.  

Played a little freemode, and ran into a group of about 6 doing that control the area MC club job.  I still love those things.  This one was new to me - in a hotel just northwest of the building with the UFO on top.  There is a Rockstar deathmatch there, so I knew my way around, but I also knew there was no way the attackers would win this one.  Got plenty of kills though.  Then I got spawned up on a hill right as the thing finished and set to sniping everything in sight. The weird thing was that every sniper kill I got was a one shot kill.  A few of em were headshots, so that makes sense, but I know I got one hit kills on high level guys with shots to the body.

[redacted]

Anyways, our constant wrestling talk did give us a new song when hunting dots...

I've got your bounty / I'm handsome, I'm brave, I'm strong / I've got your bounty / 'cause I enforce the law / You can try to run, you can try to hide / 'cause when you're bountied, I'll always get you, man

I consider everything a success if one of the dots later says "and then the sumbitches ... " Successful or not, gotta leave an impression.

It's kinda comforting to know that if something stupid's going on in a room, we're probably behind it - "Who the fuck is driving a dump truck through the middle of town? Oh, it's Robert, never mind." "Who just blew someone way the fuck up with that 18-wheeler? Why am I asking?"

By the way, was wrong about the KITT car's climbing ability. Climbs fine. It was raining the first time I tried to drive it, and that may have had something to do with it. That parachute is neato. Someone's gonna figure out how to really operate that thing, and is gonna wreak havoc with it. The only thing is that obviously, if you fire one of the missiles at something close to you, you're gonna take plenty of damage in the explosion.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jstout said:

I consider everything a success if one of the dots later says "and then the sumbitches ... " Successful or not, gotta leave an impression.

It's kinda comforting to know that if something stupid's going on in a room, we're probably behind it - "Who the fuck is driving a dump truck through the middle of town? Oh, it's Robert, never mind." "Who just blew someone way the fuck up with that 18-wheeler? Why am I asking?"

By the way, was wrong about the KITT car's climbing ability. Climbs fine. It was raining the first time I tried to drive it, and that may have had something to do with it. That parachute is neato. Someone's gonna figure out how to really operate that thing, and is gonna wreak havoc with it. The only thing is that obviously, if you fire one of the missiles at something close to you, you're gonna take plenty of damage in the explosion.

I'm not sure how I should feel about this - both of your examples of stupidity are things I did.

I still hope some of the dots we've attacked are on a message board somewhere bitching about us.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

I have been trippin' on Mis's videos in my XB1 feed.  Firing miniguns from the roof of an armored car?  You guys are idiots! :)

Why go the smart route when the I'm-probably-gonna-die-but-y'all-should-watch-this-shit route is ripe for the picking?

I like to think of it as "creatively moronic."

• Like 5

13 hours ago, J.T. said:

I have been trippin' on Mis's videos in my XB1 feed.  Firing miniguns from the roof of an armored car?  You guys are idiots! :)

Everybody knows the right way to extradition is to jump into Ft Zancudo in an ambulance with 5 guys on the roof.  That's how the professionals do it.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Everybody knows the right way to extradition is to jump into Ft Zancudo in an ambulance with 5 guys on the roof.  That's how the professionals do it.

I forgot about this. If that doesn't sum us up, nothing does.

That reminds me...somewhere way back in this thread are pics of us bus surfing down Vesuvius.

We're basically a bunch of Johnny Knoxvilles.

Speaking of, next time you talk to Melraz, ask him about building a ramp beside the creek at his childhood home, lighting it on fire, and trying to jump it with bicycles. I'm going out on a limb and guessing none of you are in shock to learn this.

• Like 3

I don't know what a Ferg is, but I do know we ran into the king of all Fergs last night.  The apex Ferg if you will.   And I hope I don't run into him again.  He had me 9-2, but it felt like 90-2.  At least one of his buddies sent me a nice text after our Mary Lou contest resulted in me killing him melee style.  I made myself feel better by killing some poor level 36 that was in the same crew in the next room just before signing off for the night.  The rest of em weren't much, cept for the one K/D nurse we ran into.

Did the Ruiner mission a couple times, and it's pretty good.  Melraz and I failed it the first time out in the worst way - death by Brown Trout.  I'll probably buy one of those things once I get enough saved up.  Some clown managed to drive one up onto the mall last night, and kept doing donuts in passive up there.

• Like 3