DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Won a 2 vs 5 elimination handicap match with John Cena as my partner. Which was good, because with Cena, I knew we weren't taking a clean pinfall. 

He was a surprise tag partner, since Randy Savage couldn't make his flight to Los Santos. 

On 1/31/2017 at 1:00 PM, RIPPA said:

IF YOU ARE STILL PLAYING GTA V ON LAST GEN!

Rockstar has announced you have until March 6 to transfer your character (and any progress that character has made) to current gen. They are going to disable the option to do so at that time.

So if I don't buy a XB1 copy of this game by March, my 360 toon is lost?  Fuck.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

You have a 30-day wait for transfers. So, you have only a few days left to submit a transfer. Otherwise, yeah, you're screwed. I think I'm doing the math wrong, I'm still hammered after conducting drunken business ventures with some Aussie friends. Bastards. 

On a sidenote, I've got an amazing clip to post from the sesh I mentioned earlier, with Cena. I survived one of, if not, the greatest bumps ever in our crew history. I'll edit it down once I wake up. 

It was unreal. Or, at least we thought it was at the time. 

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I'm not sure about XB1, but the game is on sale pretty much every week on PSN for $30, usually with a Shark card thrown in as well.

There is no 30 day transfer wait.

When I moved my character a few months okay it was instant.

It is just the hackers/cheaters suspected of cheating MAY have the wait put on them

It also comes from meaning Rockstar would notify everyone at least 30 days in advance if they were removing the feature - which they have.

But yeah - JT needs to by a copy for Valentine's Day or he is boned

So the other night, I'm in the CEO buzzard terrorizing white dots, and the whole time I'm thinking "why haven't one of you dumb bastards shot me down yet? You all have homing missiles, come on!" When I finally got shot down, I was like "about damn time! Thank you!"

This is probably not how the game should work. Probably shouldn't cheer for my own death.

• Like 1

lol

Oh, and with some car sales and a full warehouse sale.... I made about $800k last night.

I'm back over $2M for the first time in months.  So question, since offices are currently half price, is there any advantage to getting the (normally) $4m office?  Location/Accessibility/etc. 

And would I get a trade in value for the office I currently have?

You get a difference in the money if you downgrade. Like I told Cristobal earlier. Trade all of your massive garages for the cheap two-car ones on top of the map. You can still call them in, it just puts them in storage, and you get a sizeable monetary difference. 

Unless you like walking into a 10-car, and observing your vehicles while pantsless. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

lol

Oh, and with some car sales and a full warehouse sale.... I made about $800k last night.

I'm back over $2M for the first time in months.  So question, since offices are currently half price, is there any advantage to getting the (normally) $4m office?  Location/Accessibility/etc. 

And would I get a trade in value for the office I currently have?

You do get trade in value, though I think it might be lowered by the price cut.  When the car stuff started, I moved from the one on the west side to the cheaper of the two downtown sites (Arcadius).  I do think it makes things a little more convenient, but it's not that really that significant.   I kinda like Arcadius better than the downtown Maze bank just because you don't have to fly up as damn high to get to it.

But being high up has its advantages when coming out into traffic. If I hadn't had to buy the Maze Bank one to take advantage of the glitch, I probably would've moved out of the one in Del Perro - that place is a war zone - but probably not as fancy as Maze Bank.

I like as much privacy as possible in the best location as possible. I'd look into the one that isn't Del Perro, Maze Bank or Arcadius, if there is one.

21 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Won a 2 vs 5 elimination handicap match with John Cena as my partner. Which was good, because with Cena, I knew we weren't taking a clean pinfall. 

He was a surprise tag partner, since Randy Savage couldn't make his flight to Los Santos. 

I should probably explain why Petrol keeps referring to John Cena, here. Because it amused me, I had used the ski goggles, the surfer dude haircut and pink clothes to make my character into a surprisingly good circa 1986 Macho Man. 

I got bored of that (and my throat hurt from doing the Macho voice) so I figured I'd change. I found a youtube video of how to look like the Undertaker, but wasn't happy with the results. The zombie contacts did good white eyes, but the hair wasn't quite right, the fedora didn't really look like Taker's, and the trenchcoat was all wrong.

So I went with a blue t-shirt, urban camo shorts, and a blue ball cap with white sneakers. I tracked down Petrol, started doing the Randy Savage voice, and timed it just right so I could go, "And there's only one Macho May-an," and then when Petrol saw me: "and his name is JOHN CENA *horn noises*"

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

But yeah - JT needs to by a copy for Valentine's Day or he is boned.

Well, thanks to my car needing new brakes and my significant other's recent speeding ticket, I'm probably boned.

That was the most fun I've had playing this game in ages. We hit the scene and it was just like the room said "hey, it's the guys who's gonna kill us all repeatedly! Welcome, fellas! Now get to work!"

About the funniest damn thing I've seen was when Melraz was selected as The Beast and proceeded to ignore that checkpoint shit and go on a homicidal rampage. I've always had a term called the BMOC, when one guy is just dominating a room to the point where his name just keeps popping up as killing this and killing that and killing them, and etc. Well, The Beast was definitely the BMOC. Everyone who got near him died. Repeatedly.

Then the game would put him up on the radar because he wasn't bothering with the checkpoints. This would send even more dots down to kill him for the money. Problem is, they all died. Repeatedly. Finally after about 14 minutes of pure carnage, someone was about to get the better of The Beast, who then killed himself so the dot wouldn't get the money or satisfaction. I nearly damn wept.

Meanwhile, multiple people kept going in clothing stores and barber shops, and with this crew, that's like tossing chum at sharks. I caught two guys in a clothing store, blew them up, then caught the same two coming out of an AmmuNation (only got one of them that time). There was exactly ONE guy all night I thought could give me trouble, but he killed me twice and disappeared, leaving behind some of the most pitiful sad sacks in GTA Online history.

Every night should be like last night. If I wanted competition, I'd join a bowling league.

• Like 5

I'd like to thank GTA for turning our party chat from a racing play-by-play, into becoming our own Super Bowl commentary team tonight. 

Ignoring the fact that our Liverpool announcer was about 90 seconds behind. Skreama became our Art Donovan. 

His final 10 minutes consisted of silence, followed by "...Ugh, I'm not having any of this." after the final touchdown. 

• Like 2

It was treemendous. There was about five straight minutes of "The Beast killed ..."

The rest of us were whipping up on some other dot, and I kept thinking "I gotta get over where Melraz is for some sweet respawn sniping," but then someone would say "two in the clothing store," or I'd start whipping some other dot along the way and there'd go that.

Robert and I were whooping on some dot early in the evening, and that dot was still there when I was wrapping up, so I paid a visit with two quick Allah Akbars. I got set for a third, when I rounded the corner and the dot was in a car trying to make a getaway. Problem was the car was stuck on a bike rack. Dot was frantically trying to get the car unstuck, but no luck.

I'm like "aw, man, I almost hate to do this to the poor bastard." (BOOM!)

Good times.

• Like 5

Was that Procul Harum or Douchey?  They were both terrible.

That was exactly how GTA is supposed to go.  Lots of dots, but none of  the usual bullshit.  No jets.  No RPG spammers.  No crap sniper.  Not a single K/D nurse.  Even the Mary Lous were kept to a minimum.  Cops killed me a bunch more times than the dots.  I was always comfortable lining up my shots with the heavy sniper, rather than the usual nervous feeling that somebody was about to wreck me with the crap sniper.  

I still want to know who thought it was a good idea to move cars in the middle of that.  I guess it worked out for em, but I wouldn't have tried that.

Procul Harum, actually. I was looking at the roster and thought "he's still here?" and had to go say hi one more time.

I vaguely remember someone running cars through that mess. Maybe they thought they'd be OK because the rest of town was busy trying to deal with a batshit-crazy werewolf and three suicidal lunatics.

• Like 1

The most disappointing part was Keyser Soze turning out so pathetic.  Two kills and he goes passive?  What happened to this guy:

" He is the Devil. You've never seen anyone like Keyser Soze in all your miserable life, you idiot. Keyser Soze. Do you at least understand that? Keyser Soze. The Devil himself. Or are you American policemen so stupid that you haven't even heard of him? Keyser Soze, you ridiculous man. KEYSER SOZE. "

• Like 3

On 2/4/2017 at 7:54 PM, jstout said:

All he's got to do is wear the jean shorts.

I cannot believe this inside joke is still a thing.  The actual incident happened nearly seven years ago.

I just recently unpacked a box of books and what should be in there but a copy of The Watchtower and my beloved significant other asked me how I got it..

Awkward..

• Like 1