DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Found an interesting little bug last night grabbing a car.  I got the grab a car off a barge one - the worst case version where there's no decent sniping spot nearby.  Took my Aqua Blazer out to the boat and managed to take out all the guys with  free aimed shotgun rounds.  Started back to pick up the cargobob I had taken over there, when I got a message that it had been destroyed.  No clue why.  

I grabbed another one and picked up the car, which was when things got really interesting.  I gave it a pretty good bang on the side of the barge as I was picking it up, and when the dust settled the car was stuck, upside down, to the bottom of the cargobob.  Kinda looked like the car and cargobob were mating.  Damn thing wound up upside down on the ground after I dropped it.  Had to ram it a few times to get it turned over.  Cost me well over 20K to fix.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

And you guys picked on me and Rippa for playing Mass Effect 3 co-op for so long.

Says the man now trolling YouTube to get all the achievements on a game that came out in 2011.

Come back to Los Santos, General - they really have added quite a bit to the game since the 360 days.

You guys will have to find another game to play to avoid us when we're all playing Andromeda.

• Like 1

These 2x RP/$ Special Vehicle Contact/MC mission payouts are ridiculous right now. I know I mentioned it earlier, but having done them for the past few days in stretches, it's very noticeable. A friend of mine made a playlist with all eight SVC's, somehow.

Two notes; if you die, you're done and onto the next. Second, having these in a playlist means no 3-minute (did somebody say 3 minutes...?) cooldown, but a slightly longer wait than normal, since you bypass the drive and start at the location itself. You'll think it froze, but be patient. Worth it though. 

Look it up on Social Club if you want. He tweaked it a bit and I can't remember the name, but someone else already probably made one.

Highly suggest these for you folks who need cash. As always, the more in your MC (for those missions) the better the pay. Glitch a lobby to ensure better profitability. 

That and the one where the amateur steals the vehicle. Life's too short.

New fun thing - I like to try to sneak around and steal the stunt jump car without a shot being fired by me or the guards. Real easy to do on the Vinewood sign one. No wanted level if successful.

If it's a Cargobob mission and you don't want to do it (because it sucks), just back out of online, then come back in. It'll change the mission. You can tell it's a CB mission if it tells you to go to the Humane Labs or NOOSE facility. 

Backing out also works if you need a specific car, but keep getting the other you don't need. Open the phone before you leave the office and see what the plates are. 

Out of respect to melraz, I will not post what he was saying last night.  

But I will say, being called out for "saying the most redneck thing I've ever heard" may be the highlight of the night.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Out of respect to melraz, I will not post what he was saying last night.  

But I will say, being called out for "saying the most redneck thing I've ever heard" may be the highlight of the night.  

You know you're playing with a fun group when you're getting your shit stomped in, but you're still laughing so hard you can't breathe.

And if my Xbox doesn't act better the next time I'm on, it's getting taken out back of the shed. I guess it was subtly telling me that it was bedtime. 

• Like 1

That was a hell of a lot of fun.  Except for King Kronic.  He wasn't a lot of fun.  Glad I didn't wake up my son laughing my ass off.  

Somehow in all that I ended up making about a million dollars.  Nearly paid off the retro Elegy I bougght last night already.  

Also, since Dolfan was asking last night, and I got curious, I went and looked up the numbers on the Desert Eagle.  Less than 2K for the .50 cal version.  Figured it would be more.  The crazy number is the weight.  Four and a half damn pounds.  My dad's Beretta A400 barely weighs six and a half, and that's a 12 gauge shotgun.  And now I got this song stuck in my head (cause of the desert eagle/gun store part, not the incest-y part)

• Like 1

I was trying like hell to get into a room with Stout last night but R* servers were being extremely shitty.   So, I decide to steal a car and get a Tyrus.  Get all the way from the Northern end of the island to my garage (5+ miles)  and two blocks from my garage, I get blown up.  

I remember now why I always do the single-player lobby trick. 

Quick question, if I add the garage to my office, does that act as my vehicle warehouse or is it separate and wholly unnecessary?