DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

That was a blast. After you left, Mel, Austrian Sensation Herby~! was showing off his car collection, and I got to drive the land-boat four-wheeler.

Here was the funny thing - he had two Neros, one he bought and souped up the regular way at a Los Santos Customs, and one he bought and souped up at Benny's for the full treatment. The LSC version was a much better car. It really seems to be the game's best blend of speed and handling - it was very forgiving of my constant screw-ups, even on the snow. The Benny's Nero was much less forgiving, at no real gain of speed that I could notice. You basically pay more to make it handle worse.

The Comet you soup up at Benny's is about 1,000 times better than the regular Comet. The Benny's-souped-up Elegy is fun and handles better than I thought it would.

Are any of them must-have? Noooo. But they're still fun, and the standard Nero is really a great fast car.

• Like 1

Benny's Nero is actually quite a bit faster and steadier with its AWD, especially in the snow. A couple of friends and I did some runway testing with the new cars at LSIA, and the Custom beat the brakes off of the regular one. 

I agree about the Porsche though. Much better than the old one. Fun car to drive. 

Could be. I suppose it's how you drive your cars that affects how you adjust to it's nuances. I kept mine as the regular one, thinking it was the same. I assumed I'd get a bunch of unwanted body add-ons at Benny's, but after the speed and handling testing, it was clear that it's a big improvement. 

At Benny's you can keep it the same body-wise, if you want. It does improve performance though. 

Sorry I had to roll suddenly, Robert. I hated to leave because I had been dying laughing the whole time we were raising hell.

My night started off comical because I had a Keystone Kops episode of trying to do CEO work. It took me so long to log on because the servers were screwy that I didn't bother doing the playlist glitch to get in an empty room. I didn't get messed with much, but I damn sure messed myself up a ton. The best was when I got my first special cargo. I picked it up and called in a Merryweather chopper so I could drop it off quickly. Dumbass landed halfway on a concrete highway divider, so when I ran around to get in, the rotors were low enough to chop me up. The damn thing then exploded. I picked the package back up and called for my Entity, thinking I could at least drive fast to drop it off. Nope. Damn snow made the ass end get loose on an off-ramp and I jumped the wall and landed in the damn water. Ended up delivering the package though.

I was trying to make another cargo delivery when I (without even knowing he was in the room) drove right through Robert sticking rocket feet up white dot ass and my truck ended up flipping over on its top. (Don't worry Robert - I ain't mad in the least.) I rammed it a few times trying to flip it over to no avail, then I said fuck it. Blew up the truck, retired as CEO, and then Robert and I ran off every white dot we could find.

The first two were mic'd up and coming through my TV, and it was hilarious. One dude was calling me bitch because he was up on me by a couple. Then, I got him twice in a row and there was light whining. Then Robert continued whipping his ass and I heard the guy accuse him of cheating. The two of them disappeared - not sure if they left or got dumped or what.

The funniest part of the night was when the "bail and slide the farthest" event started. I was on my way to Robert and saw that a guy was in the lead, so I decided to bail out of the car to see what my score might be. I got 143.4 feet. The dude (Quest83) then popped up with 142.4 feet. I don't know if Robert did it intentionally or not, but he whooped the poor dude's ass so much that he didn't have a chance to take the lead again. Winning by one literal foot made me cackle.

The other part that cracked me up was when we ran off everyone around us and were both in pause menus/away from controller. I see three dots in a car and take off, then I see Robert a few streets over - ahead of me. Then came the explosion and a shit ton of death notifications.

We then wore their not-car-having-anymore asses out.

The only real challenge (not to say I didn't die more that I would have liked) was a run-in toward the end from some cat named Angel something or other who fancied rooftop sniping. Never got a kill on that s.o.b.

Anyway - fun as hell night - looking forward to another one.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RUkered said:

Sorry I had to roll suddenly, Robert. I hated to leave because I had been dying laughing the whole time we were raising hell.

My night started off comical because I had a Keystone Kops episode of trying to do CEO work. It took me so long to log on because the servers were screwy that I didn't bother doing the playlist glitch to get in an empty room. I didn't get messed with much, but I damn sure messed myself up a ton. The best was when I got my first special cargo. I picked it up and called in a Merryweather chopper so I could drop it off quickly. Dumbass landed halfway on a concrete highway divider, so when I ran around to get in, the rotors were low enough to chop me up. The damn thing then exploded. I picked the package back up and called for my Entity, thinking I could at least drive fast to drop it off. Nope. Damn snow made the ass end get loose on an off-ramp and I jumped the wall and landed in the damn water. Ended up delivering the package though.

I was trying to make another cargo delivery when I (without even knowing he was in the room) drove right through Robert sticking rocket feet up white dot ass and my truck ended up flipping over on its top. (Don't worry Robert - I ain't mad in the least.) I rammed it a few times trying to flip it over to no avail, then I said fuck it. Blew up the truck, retired as CEO, and then Robert and I ran off every white dot we could find.

The first two were mic'd up and coming through my TV, and it was hilarious. One dude was calling me bitch because he was up on me by a couple. Then, I got him twice in a row and there was light whining. Then Robert continued whipping his ass and I heard the guy accuse him of cheating. The two of them disappeared - not sure if they left or got dumped or what.

The funniest part of the night was when the "bail and slide the farthest" event started. I was on my way to Robert and saw that a guy was in the lead, so I decided to bail out of the car to see what my score might be. I got 143.4 feet. The dude (Quest83) then popped up with 142.4 feet. I don't know if Robert did it intentionally or not, but he whooped the poor dude's ass so much that he didn't have a chance to take the lead again. Winning by one literal foot made me cackle.

The other part that cracked me up was when we ran off everyone around us and were both in pause menus/away from controller. I see three dots in a car and take off, then I see Robert a few streets over - ahead of me. Then came the explosion and a shit ton of death notifications.

We then wore their not-car-having-anymore asses out.

The only real challenge (not to say I didn't die more that I would have liked) was a run-in toward the end from some cat named Angel something or other who fancied rooftop sniping. Never got a kill on that s.o.b.

Anyway - fun as hell night - looking forward to another one.

Sorry I messed up your delivery.  I didn't even know you were trying that till reading this.  There were four dots in a car down there before you came down.  Got all 4 of em with an RPG to start off the night.  I kinda clued in about the bail out contest halfway through.  Figured since I was killing that guy anyway, I would go ahead and keep killing him to try to help you out.  

That room never did get any better.  Melraz joined in about 20 minutes after you left, and we just destroyed the place.  Some poor white dot got pinned on the beach between the two of us and got killed about 900 times.  Then two dots rolled up on melraz and he killed them a bunch while I continued on the original dot.  Fortunately for everybody else, we both got network errors at the same time.  I'm sure they were sorry to see us go.  I think melraz died once total.

Mis, and eventually Stout, joined for the next room.  That one wasn't much better, and eventually got cleared.  Final room never did get cleared, mainly because we were all crosseyed by that point.  Melraz getting a hatchet kill might've been the highlight of the night.  Off radar tank was the lowlight, but he didn't last long after he became visible again.

I bought the new Nero with Benny's upgrades last night.  Damn nice car.  Cost me nearly 2.5 million with all the upgrades, but I figure it was worth it.

• Like 1

Glad to help. I'm independently wealthy, so I never mind helping.

It cracked me way up when we were doing the resupply mission where you have to beat up the guy until his brother tells you where the supplies are. We beat the crap out of the guy and the supplies are on the screen, so I'm headed back to the chopper. Meanwhile, Roast is filling the poor  guy we just beat up full of lead to add the cherry to his shit sundae. I'm like "damn, Scarface, you go."

Something else that cracked me up way more than it should have (it was late): I got an invite to do something from Fidel CashFlow, one of my favorite GTA names in quite a while.

• Like 3

Fortunately y'all were distracted, and thus missed my early entry into the most pathetic GTA death of 2017 contest.  I was going after a CEO vehicle - the one where somebody gets a DUI out in the hills, and you steal his car as the cops are arresting him.  Took a buzzard up there, and decided to land it a couple hundred yards north of the car.  Tried to exit the chopper as soon as it hit the ground.  Unfortunately, the landing was hard enough that the chopper immediately bounced about 50 feet back into the air.  I fell out and face planted in the middle of the road.  That didn't kill me, though.  Then some NPC car rolled up right next to me while I was still on the ground.  The chopper came back down and landed on the hood.  Both blew up.  That was what got me.

I managed to get killed by my own buzzard 3 times yesterday (walked through the tail rotor once, parked the thing on uneven ground and got launched by the main rotor as soon as I got out the other time).  Maybe I should consider walking.

• Like 4

I know I've been missed terribly. No need to be sad and cry any longer, well come tomorrow evenin that is. When I get a few errands ran and a little wood workin done I ourghta be on about 5:30 or 6:00 pm. Just a heads up for those who have enjoyed a quite couple of days away from the drunken monkey, and want to make it a lil longer. 

P.S. I'm missed like an inflamed hemorrhoid. 

P.P.S. The black sheep of the family returns!

P.P. whatever, all your asses are stuck with me.

• Like 3

On 1/4/2017 at 2:35 PM, Robert C said:

Hey Mis, did you get kick out too, or was it just me?  Tried joining back, but the game won't let you back into a room you've been kicked from, apparently.

Sorry, I dont check the board every day very often...no, I didnt get kicked, butthat dude sent me a text that said "truce"

I didnt even know you had been kicked until I read your message.  I focused on not crashing a top range delivery, didnt even see anyone join the room.  

After I got the car delivered, I had to bounce anyway due to some family showing up unexpectedly.

9 hours ago, melraz09 said:

I know I've been missed terribly. No need to be sad and cry any longer, well come tomorrow evenin that is. When I get a few errands ran and a little wood workin done I ourghta be on about 5:30 or 6:00 pm. Just a heads up for those who have enjoyed a quite couple of days away from the drunken monkey, and want to make it a lil longer. 

P.S. I'm missed like an inflamed hemorrhoid. 

P.P.S. The black sheep of the family returns!

P.P. whatever, all your asses are stuck with me.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Is the wood workin you finally drilling a hole through your floor so you can plug an ethernet cable into your XBOX One?

Hell Nate, just get the guys that did your termite treatment to do the drilling for you.  What could possibly go wrong?

Not sure if I'll be on.  Matthew is celebrating his second birthday with a case of RSV.  Spent all night sitting in a chair with him in my lap.  Seems like he's starting to feel better, but who knows how the evening will go.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jstout said:

Anybody else get $250,000 out of the kindness of Rockstar's heart, or am I a special snowflake?

You might be a special snowflake.  Logged on for a few minutes to check, and I don't have it.  Hell, I don't have 250K total right now.  Coke factories are expensive.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jstout said:

Anybody else get $250,000 out of the kindness of Rockstar's heart, or am I a special snowflake?

I got the money too. I have no clue as to why. There's a thing (or was) where if you buy a Shark Card, you get that amount back after a month or so. I sure as shit didn't buy one, but I'm not complaining. 

I finally got it tonight.  Left my machine on all afternoon while I was doing real life shit.  Came back this evening and couldn't join anything.  Eventually had to reboot.  I got the message about the 250K in the loading screen after the reboot.  

Lots of other things went wonky at the same time.  My clothes got changed.  Also, several of my tattoos disappeared.  Obviously I couldn't let that stand.  And it didn't have me in the crew, for some reason.  I was eventually able to get most of it sorted out, so I could help melraz and mis ruin a room.  Those poor bastards didn't know what hit em.  I swear the dots are getting worse and worse, not that I'm complaining.

• Like 1