DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I've got my short list of cars I want ready to go. Is the Super class the only class of cars you have to buy and can't stumble across somewhere in the city for a quick steal and respray? Any good sites with decent pictures of the cars (especially the backs) for easier identification?

Most of the sports cars, too.

I'm good for sports cars, really got one more than I need after I got the free one.

I got griefered off the damn game a second ago, I just can't handle griefers. It was me and two other guys on the server and both were gunning for me. If I took out a bounty, I would just make them richer.

One guy killed me at least twice when my batteries went dead on my controller and I had to change them out. Then he kept the upper hand on me, dammit. I just needed to hide for a second so I could quit the game and he was within a millisecond of killing me with a baseball bat when I quit. Sick of these assholes. We should be like the Big Bossmen of GTA Online, handing out Hard Time to griefers.  

Finally devoted an evening to story missions.  Did the Vangelico heist and it ran like clockwork.  I WAS FOUR FUCKING SECONDS AWAY FROM GETTING A GOLD MEDAL~!

I made off with the max haul but did not complete the smash and grab in under fifty seconds.

Now I am rolling with Trevor.  What a sick fuck.  I love the members of his unorthodox yet highly motivated criminal organization, though.  I have painted Trevor's Bodhi red and bought the chassis mod that has a set of horns strapped to the roof lights. A devil-mobile for Mr. Phillips; very fitting..

i think that eventually I am going to put the clown makeup on Trevor, buy him that crazy looking purple suit, and take a selfie for the crew gallery.

I think I went to talk to the skip tracer too early.  I have no idea how I am going to bring in these last two fugitives alive without a stun gun. I may have to pray that tear gas grenades get it done.

Got the Platinum medal for a 2000 foot wheelie by going the length of Lester's airstrip in the desert while on my Bati 800RR.  It was almost too simple.

Probably the easiest 800RP I will ever earn.

One of Simeon's "destroy my rival's car supply" missions paid out less than the cost of the sticky bombs I used to complete it.

Fuck Simeon.

I don't do any of the jobs for Simeon, Lamar, or Gerald any more.  Just too much work with amost no reward.  Especially Simeon's car retrieval ones, what a pain in the ass.

Should be? Some of us already are, sunshine.

Good on ya. You're doing Los Santos a solid. I need to learn to walk away (by throwing on passive mode) because I'm terrible at fighting back.

I try to get back on griefers, but sometimes the good/bad sport gimmick puts me off.  Case in point, the other night some dumbass kept trying to run me over with his car while he was blabbing away on his mic.  I throw a sticky bomb on his car, which causes him to call me all sorts of homophobic slurs.  But then I get the bad sport points.  Um, oookay...

I think I went to talk to the skip tracer too early.  I have no idea how I am going to bring in these last two fugitives alive without a stun gun. I may have to pray that tear gas grenades get it done.

I totally forgot about the bounty hunting, so I hope I can go back to it.

One of the Trevor strangers mission strings is for the Minutemen and you do get a stun gun from that.

I got the achievment for bringing in a live bounty because I shot up the escape vehicle before the fugitive had a chance to escape.  He gave up after I blew out the tires with my sawed-off shotgun before he could jump into the truck.

The second bouty was at an abandoned farm and he had thugs with him.  He did not give up even after I took the time to kill his buddies first.  He kept shooting so I had to put him down.

I am on my third skip trace.  Not sure how more are left.  I may wait out the game day to see if I get another ?! icon on my map.  Maybe I can do this Minuteman mission before I have to chase down this asshole, but the bail bonder's e-mails freak me out.  I think that if I let too many game days pass by without acting, my quarry will escape.

Finally spent a couple hours online this morning.  

Did a couple car races,  a motorcycle race and a bicycle race down a fucking mountain.  I pretty much got my ass kicked in every single one but still managed to level up to level 6 and earn $16k.

I need to try to get on when other crew members are there because the people I was racing with were idiots.  The one I did win, I spun out the first place dude with about a block to go and breezed through the finish line.  He ended up coming in like 7th.  The next race he immediately shot out my tires and I was fucked.

Don't know who I played with today, but thanks for getting me through the survival level.

Also, sorry for killing us 5 times in the attack helicopter and C-130. Also was working from home so my attention was else where.

Got into it with a team of greifers at the airport over the attack chopper. EPICNESS was had with crashing C-130's, Fighter jets vs. Heli's... all with people on the ground with 4 stars. 

Vicky 2 numbas right? Good shit.

Me & Rukered went to war with 3 asshats before that. I blew up dude's white adders. He then came with a chrome one that I promptly blew up too.

Was owning this one dude until he start gun butting me. In GTA 1 gun butt is more powerfull then shotguns. Noted.

God damnit, I can't wait to start playing a lot more of this with you guys starting Tuesday...

I let it go when I was playing so much Lego Marvel, but no more. I've been watching the Achievement Hunter Let's Play videos on it and I miss it.

My mom has been in the hospital for the last couple of days, so I have been spending most of my afternoons there and then rolling home to do story misisons and collapsing in a heap on the sofa.

I will be up for more GTA: O at the beginning of the week.  We need to get Fresh back up to speed and he can check out my phat crib with the planning room.

I'm completely burned out on this game. I haven't played for a week or so and I'm barely keeping up with the thread.

Is this what's like getting old?

I think if all you are playing is the online, it might be easy to get burnt out on.  I am still dividing my time between online and single player, so I am only really playing online for maybe like an hour a night, so it's still fun to me.

I had a good run on racing last night with my modded Elegy, to the point that people were rage quitting and accusing me of cheating (lol).  It was nice playing with most of the people in the group though, as we were actually racing versus griefing and causing crashes.  I made enough to throw some mods into my Bati and assault rifle, so I thought I would try soloing Martin missions.  That was not a good move.  I lost a lot of cash between hospital bills and ammo.

On single player, I am getting ready for the last heist.  I missed out on my opportunity to kill Michael's shrink though.

I think it would be fun if the single player and offline were integrated more.  I thought you were going to be able to come across Michael/Franklin/Trevor just roaming around.  It would be cool if you could use your online character as one of the heist crew - there is usually one throwaway person that never really does anything, even talk.  So it would be fun to have your online guy be put in there and it would be a good way to raise their stats and get money.

"The check is in the mail, I promise."

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51636/grand-theft-auto-online-update.html

Currently, we expect the next title update (1.05) addressing player progress loss issues to be available sometime early next week. Following that, we hope to deliver everyone’s GTA$ Stimulus Package before the end of next week. A big thank you to GTA Online players worldwide for your continued patience and understanding and we will continue to keep you all updated.