DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Still have some serious garage-envy of Cristobal, so I jacked and jacked and jacked until mine was full to feel a little better.

So many jokes... must resist...

Hah!

That wasn't even intentional on my part...

...this time, anyway.

I'm focusing on the main story more than online because I want to finish it. I might fire up online tonight some just so I can level some more (I think I only got to level 3 for the 45 minutes or so I played last week).

Speaking of which, the one thing that annoys me in this game is cop evasion. It is something that I have struggled with this whole series. In the past, the games have done a great job of making this easy. This year, it feels like I have to wait about ten minutes for it to clear and the cops tend to find me no matter how well I hide, or they catch up to me before I can make Los Santos Customs.

So, this was a thing that happened last night. Two guys had set $9K bounties on each other, basically to inspire people to come after them. Initially they were playing around the airport with Buzzards. After some initial failures, I was able to get in, blast a low-flying Buzzard with a grenade launcher, and get in a Buzzard which spawned and take out the other.

They reset the bounties on each other, and decide to book it out of the airport. Still in my Buzzard, I chased after them. After a long chase which at one point saw both me and them call Lester and get taken off the radar, I was getting a bead on them, so they ducked into a parking garage. I landed the chopper on the roof of a tall building near the garage. I tried to throw a grenade down, but it was exploding before it hit the ground, so instead, I threw a bunch of sticky bombs down onto the roof of the garage.

I hear them on mic saying "He's landed his chopper on the roof. I don't see him." And then I press the button. 

In my mind, I'm hearing the 1812 Overture a la the V for Vendetta movie.

One of them yells "WHAT THE FUCK?" as about a dozen explosions go off in sequence. The bombs only get one of them, but the other dude's surprised enough by the explosions so he holds still long enough for me to target him from the edge of the roof and snipe him. 

I get in the chopper $18K richer, and laugh and laugh and laugh.

• Like 2

Mammoth Patriot (SUVs) (Was down to either this or the Mini-Cooper clone for the 10th car spot. Figured the compact was only good for the races where AxB picks compacts on grand tour in the rain cuz he's a bastard, whereas this, with armor mods, will be great as a fucking battering ram)

Compacts, in the rain, AT NIGHT. Serves you right for picking bloody Grand Tour, though, doesn't it?

Also, I already had a Modded, Armoured Patriot* (it's Yellow. I blame Layer Cake). So if we ever get a big crew deal together, we'll have two of the buggers.

* I raced you in it the other day. It's not very fast, even with the mods. Bulletproof tyres, though.

I'm focusing on the main story more than online because I want to finish it. I might fire up online tonight some just so I can level some more (I think I only got to level 3 for the 45 minutes or so I played last week).

Speaking of which, the one thing that annoys me in this game is cop evasion. It is something that I have struggled with this whole series. In the past, the games have done a great job of making this easy. This year, it feels like I have to wait about ten minutes for it to clear and the cops tend to find me no matter how well I hide, or they catch up to me before I can make Los Santos Customs.

The cops do seem more aggressive than in the past couple of games - they get trigger happy real quick even on a 2 star level.  But they are not nearly as annoying as on Vice City, which I just replayed.  Those guys sit and kamikazi their cars into you.

The best way I've found to lose them is to either go offroad (in the city, this means going on train tracks or to the ravines) or go on a different height level.  Also the construction sites and homeless "camps" are good for losing heat.  I think also if you turn off your lights when you're hiding it helps, but that may just be a placebo effect.

The stats on the Social Crew site are screwy.  Sometimes there is a long time (like a day or two) for anything to update.  I placed 2nd in a deathmatch last night and probably would have gotten first and a better K/D ratio but there were some people in the 70s in the group (I'm 26) and it was a map I haven't played before.

But, yeah, deathmatches are not a good way to make money because you have to spend a big portion of your winnings to replenish ammo.

Et Tu Vicky? I just complete a convenience store theft, and I see a DVDR name fly in with a helicopter, I expect it to lead to some awesome team based shenanigans, not for you to blast me in the face to collect a bounty.

"Somebody take the damn money!"

My garage:

Posted Image

From left to right:

Annis Elegy RH8 (Sports)

Pegassi Bati 801 (Motorcycles)

Mammoth Patriot (SUVs) (Was down to either this or the Mini-Cooper clone for the 10th car spot. Figured the compact was only good for the races where AxB picks compacts on grand tour in the rain cuz he's a bastard, whereas this, with armor mods, will be great as a fucking battering ram)

Bravado Buffalo (Sports) (Wanted a fast 4-door, come to think of it, the Felon might fill that bill. Maybe I'll steal a mini after all)

Vapid Dominator (Muscle)

Posted Image

From left to right:

Lampdati Felon (Coupes)

Vapid Radius (SUVs) (The racing SUV)

BF Injection (Off-Road) (Kind of regretting this, as even with mods, it's not as good as the dune buggy.)

Empty Space which will have a Pegassi Monroe, (Sports Classic)

Overflod Entity XF (Super) (I'm taking this beauty on a long highway drive as soon as I hit "post")

That looks like a regular ass buffalo. Decent all base covered garage, but that mammoth needs to go.

Posted Image

Jackal- got it for missions, but now I hate random missions & won't take a car due to dicks. Selling.

Sandking XL. Beastly. Once(if) I unlock will be my main ride.

Carbonizzaires - my favorite sports car.

Entity XF - meh, wanted a Super

Elegy - love that lil mofo.

Posted Image

Buffalo Sport - fully modded. Have yet to get killed in it.

Felon - selling it after It spawns a four door to replace the Jackal.

Space Docker - garbage.

Rat Loader - fun ugly bitch. Like I like all my FBs

Cognoscenti Cabrio - my first purchase. Pretty good ride too, but gets no love.

Have those bikes on the wall too, just cause.

I haven't done any visual mods on any cars yet, other than the black respray. All my money's gone into performance and loss prevention stuff. On the Mammoth, what's your suggested replacement?

Sandking or Balla. Bulletproof tires on everything is a must too. It's my first mod with armor.

I've been having a really hard time getting into the game lately.  I got I guess about 2/3 of the way through the story (Michael is crashing at Trevor's trailer) and just lost all my momentum for both online and off.  Can't really explain it, because there wasn't a particular brick wall I hit or anything.

Just had a mission which I had to re-do it about 10 times, used about all of my grenades and sticky bombs, all for a reward of..... 2500. But it was the principal of the thing, you know?

I had to re-do a mission about six times (the one where you grab four ATVs), all for $1,000. I just laughed and laughed at the payout. Those damn things are hard to drive.

I've got my short list of cars I want ready to go. Is the Super class the only class of cars you have to buy and can't stumble across somewhere in the city for a quick steal and respray? Any good sites with decent pictures of the cars (especially the backs) for easier identification?

Mine was the one were you have to blow up 2 Police Cars, then a Police Truck, then 4 Police Bikes, then a Police Bus, with a time limit. Me and the guy I worked with failed badly for a while until we thought to actually scout the Police Truck location due to it being behind a gate and I'm just chucking Grenades over a damn gate and missing while I get shot.

Anyway, we find the entrance, and fail again due to Sticky Bombs not being enough to destroy the mother fucker. So we re-do it again seperated: He takes out the cars, while I'm waiting to grenade the police truck. I beat him to the bikes, and take all 4 out with 2 quick tosses, and we are off to get the police bus which I handle quickly. Was a massive celebration at our long awaited victory.

Just had a mission which I had to re-do it about 10 times, used about all of my grenades and sticky bombs, all for a reward of..... 2500. But it was the principal of the thing, you know?

One of Simeon's "destroy my rival's car supply" missions paid out less than the cost of the sticky bombs I used to complete it.

Fuck Simeon.

Senior Madrazzo, on the other hand?  Good legitimate businessman, pleasure to work with.  Killing Lawyers is the next best thing to owning your own mint.

One of Simeon's "destroy my rival's car supply" missions paid out less than the cost of the sticky bombs I used to complete it.

Fuck Simeon.

Senior Madrazzo, on the other hand?  Good legitimate businessman, pleasure to work with.  Killing Lawyers is the next best thing to owning your own mint.

I don't think I've got that call yet... What level do you meet him?

EDIT: Wait, I do remember that call, I just haven't done it yet. Dammit.

I've got my short list of cars I want ready to go. Is the Super class the only class of cars you have to buy and can't stumble across somewhere in the city for a quick steal and respray? Any good sites with decent pictures of the cars (especially the backs) for easier identification?

Most of the sports cars, too.