DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Holy shit this is gonna be expensive.  Kitt has rockets and MG, and costs about 4-6 million.  There's a fucking quad bike that will run on water and has MG as well.  You can also buy the Toyobota from Top Gear, only with a MG on the back of it.  Rocket Voltic is 2.8-3.8 million.  Trying to figure out if I need to change offices to buy the 60 car garage.  I got a cheap one, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to move to Maze or something to do it.

Rockstar wants their damn car duping money back.

• Like 1

You shouldn't have to change.properties. Go to the Dynasty 8 Executive site and go to your building and buy the garages there.

HUGE problem with the 60-car garage: You can't transfer whole garages to it, as far as I can tell. You have to drive over individual cars.

You can get a discount on the heavy equipment by doing a special mission you have to unlock, but the KITT car is still 4-plus million with discount.

And you can get the new cars delivered right to you if you're a CEO.

The KITT car has eight homing rockets. Then you buy rockets at $18,000 apiece. Rockstar's playing to win.

I hadn't thought of it, but apparently you can get the office assistant to call for your cars, then just drive them in to the new garage.

Cheapest car warehouse is $1.5 million.

I stole a car and did a whopping $8,000 in damage to it driving it back to the warehouse. I could then sell it for $40,000.

Gonna have to cash in some bonds tonight.

18K for a single rocket, or for all 8?  Either way that's crazy money.  Kinda glad, though.  I prolly won't buy that thing, and the cost might cut down their use.  Wonder if they charge for MG rounds as well.  Betting I know the answer to that question.

Edited by Robert C

Upon further thinking, I'd say the MC stuff is better, especially if you've got more than one person on.

You can only steal one car at a time, regardless of how many people are in your CEO group. With supplies, having two people help equals almost a full run of supplies, which can net about $200K or so with a coke business.

You steal the cars for free, but you will damage them ($2,000-8,000 a car, inevitably) and you have to pay to mod them to get the most money out of them. So you've got more out of pocket costs and more time put in stealing the cars one at a time than doing MC work, and it probably roughly equals out to the same money.

• Like 1

After doing some of the new I/E work for several hours, I think they're pretty damn fun to do. We spent time in a lobby, trading off ownership and doing the new missions (and special missions). As expected, they're setup like heists and Lamar missions. 

They're way more enjoyable, pay well, and require actual skill as opposed to sleepwalking. 

But for fucks sake does it cost a lot. I went into today at $146m, after buying the three-tiered garage (20 cars per floor) in my Maze tower, plus the two new cars (which are quite nice), and the KITT car and ramp car (which are goddamn GLORIOUS), I'm down to $121m. So, yeah, you need some cold cash going in. 

However, keep in mind, I eschewed the missions and outright bought KITT and the Ramp, rather than doing the mission and getting a discount. Still, it's a lot of goddamn money. Which explains the Shark Card email spams these passed few days. 

Worth it. 

**addendum** 

I forgot, I bought the new Voltic with the jet engine on the back. That's a blast. Driving and visually. 

Oh yeah, there's a huge influx of "low crotch" pants, and no I didn't actually buy them... 

IohHM5E.jpg

• Like 4

That was a ton of fun. I had existed peacefully in a room with those dudes for hours and they never once messed with me. Robert joined and they didn't mess with him. Then the room filled up and Robert had to go by them with a stolen car and they thought they'd be cute and blow it up.

Not good. I saw the notification on the screen they'd blown up the car, said "oh no they didn't" and called in the Buzzard and got down there ASAP. They threw rocks at the hornet's nest and got stung repeatedly. Life lessons. Two left the game quick and the third stuck around long enough to get a mugger and mercenaries called on him before high-tailing it to his apartment before leaving.

• Like 4

Those were actually the first dots I killed all day.  

I was trying to grab one last car before going to bed, since I was about to pass out.  I got an awful draw for that one.  Had to pick up a Roosevelt that was on a barge out in the ocean off some little island.  It has to be done with a cargobob.  I flew down there, landed on the island, and sniped the guys by the car.  Got back into the chopper and flew over to pick up the car, only to have two more NPC assholes jack in the box on me and shoot me out of the chopper.  Worse, the chopper blew up when it hit the barge, though it was far enough from the car not to damage it.

I spawned back on the island, swam over and shot those two, and made sure there weren't any others.  Unfortunately I still needed a cargobob.  Called in a buzzard, but of course it spawned on the mainland, so I had to swim back there, grab the buzzard, call in another cargobob, and fly up to Paleto Bay to grab it.  Then I flew  back down to the barge, and after about a thousand attempts was able to pick up the car.

I figured at that point my only worries were screwing up carrying the car back, and maybe people fucking with me.  WRONG.  Two NPC buzzards immediately spawned on me.  I couldn't outrun em in the cargobob, and they were shooting me to shit, so I had to land the chopper. Just barely managed to drop the car on the western edge of the peninsula that juts out from Zancudo's runway, then jumped out of the chopper into the ocean.  NPC gunner in a buzzard killed me underwater.

I respawned a few hundred yards from the car, so I figured I got this now.  I'll just shoot the buzzards down and be on my way.  WRONG AGAIN.  The fuckers were machine gunning me with perfect accuracy before I could even locate em.  Dead again.  It took me two more deaths before I got both of em, with them shooting me on spawn every time.  

With the buzzards gone, and no more red dots around me, I thought I was finally through with NPC problems.  WRONG AGAIN. AGAIN.  Two more buzzards.  Shot one down and got killed in return.  Shot the pilot out of the second one with the combat MG.  Fucking side gunner shot me dead as the chopper was plummeting to its doom.  

So at that point, I'd died seven times already trying to pick up that car, and was out of homing rockets.  I figured the buzzards would just keep coming, so I had to run for it.  I was still down on that beach in the fucking Roosevelt.  Took off on the dirt road through those swamplands along the southern edge of Zancudo.  Sure enough, two more buzzards pounced on me and started shooting the car to shit.  I was just about surviving those two when I made it to that Bridges of Madison County bridge.  Figured, OK, at least I'll have a second of peace under cover here.

WRONG AGAIN.  AGAIN.  AGAIN.  Shit starts blowing up in front of me. Then I noticed some players in a Zentorno and some other car as I flew past em.  Guess they set a sticky bomb trap for me and mistimed it because I was driving a slow ass Roosevelt.  Knew there was no way I was outrunning that damn Zentorno, so i stopped at the Industrial Plant survival area and hopped out to confront em.  Of course, the stupid NPCs in the buzzards killed me for the eighth time before I could do anything.  Then the griefing bastards blew up the Roosevelt before I finished spawning.

While they were congratulating themselves on their awesomeness, I rolled up and voiced my displeasure with them.  Then Stout rolled up with a buzzard and lent a hand.  It didn't go well for em.  They got one kill on me, but that was it.  Got a bunch in return.  Like Stout said, two left the room sharpish, leaving their unfortunate compatriot to face our wrath.  He ate a bunch of Mary Lous.  Then he finally spawned far enough away that he was able to make it to a car and hightail it through the mountains.  Mugger got him for about $4K.  Then I tried to call Mercs on him only to find out that they were already occupied since Stout sent em.  Then I used Melraz's trick of sniping an out of range guy by targeting his car and looking for his name to pop up.  Then he started sending me whiny texts.  Then he got reported for language.  Then he left. Then the game kicked me for taking too long to report him.  Then I went to bed.

• Like 4

As for the actual game stuff, I enjoyed it so far.  All I did was steal cars.  Didn't try to sell anything or do the missions.  Was trying to get to 10 cars, but only made it to 9 due to that longwinded bullshit above.  I got a few home undamaged.  Worst I had was 8-9K damage.  One of those was due to the former owner getting pissed off and sending a bunch of cars and helicopters after me.  The other was because some jackass in one of those wedge cars tried to take me out.  Got a couple home undamaged.  Also stole two cars I had never seen before - new ones I guess that you can't buy yet.  Laughed that the Zentorno and Entity are now considered mid-range.

I spent about 15 bonds buying shit.  Moved my office to the one next door to Maze Bank.  Bought the 60 car garage there and spent too much making it look nice.  Also bought the garage for the Import/Export stuff in the hood, since that seemed like the most central location.  Still got 45 bonds at $800K apiece, so I'm good for a while.  I dunno what the hell I'm gonna do with 120 cars of garage space.  

I was in pretty good shape to get cars yesterday - small rooms - so I hoarded 16. I've got four of the new missions unlocked, but I wanted to wait until a few of us were on to do them.

I really don't know what I'd use it for, other than ruining some NPC's days, but I'll probably have to have that damn wedge car.

• Like 1

Yeah I left my xbox on with GTA active just in case any new ones get identified and patch quickly.  Last time around I was able to keep doing the MC club glitch for 1-2 days after it had been patched doing that.  Don't see anything online yet.

I have seen some weird things where cars that I thought should have disappeared have still been present after I went into my apartment or office, so I bet somebody finds one at some point.

Honestly, Rockstar ought to set up a reward system for finding these kinds of bugs and flagging Rockstar rather than putting them online.  They could set the reward pretty damn high and still come out well ahead of where they were with the MC club dupe bug.  Hope they don't get smart like that.

I got on for a few minutes to nose around, and I found out quickly that I'm going to have to wait until some of y'all are on to hold my hand. 

I realized I haven't even done a single Lamar mission, much less MC or CEO stuff. I honestly don't even know how to begin them without hitting up Google, and I'm far too tired for that tonight. 

And holy SHIT, these prices. I have like 2.9 million and might as well have pocket lint and a gum wrapper in my pocket.

I feel like time has passed me by and I need to yell at kids to get off my lawn. I damn near went on a store robbing spree just because it was familiar...

• Like 1