DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

And with 60 new slots to potentially put bonds in, that could really be something.

Be interesting to see if this one breaks the game as thoroughly as the biker update did.

The stealing-storing-delivering cars thing sounds like a pain with so many jets around.

Didn't realize how much that ghost org shit costs till last night, when I was going after a tank.  I went off radar too early, so I had to start over and use ghost org to go after the thing.  Had no clue it was 12K for that shit.  Cost me 15K to get that tank, including the stickies.

• Like 2

Sounds about right. The worst car I own is the Dukes. If you so much as hit a piece of gravel, the ass end bucks up like a horse. I hate the damn thing, but I'm a redneck in his 30s, so of course I painted it orange and drive it anyway, blowing the Duke boys horn every chance I get.

Meanwhile, my fun (and free) Entity sits there collecting dust. All those dead hookers were for nothing... 

• Like 2

I don't much care for all the cars, so I have theme garages - a garage full of Sultans (good Allah Akbar cars) and a garage I'm working on where every car is painted gold.

I wanna free up one whole garage for storing sellable cars, so this should be fun.

• Like 1

Stout, I'm sorry about Saturday evening, I was half-buzzed and trying to do the annoying "chase the armored truck" supply mission.

When it ran away and led me on a near 10 minute chase, I got furiously pissed and left. 

(Also, I may have just hallucinated the whole thing. The brownie I'd had was very tasty.)

• Like 4

You should store Dubsta 2's. $22k resale value. It's hard to spawn normally. Start an MC, make the road captain spawn the Dubsta, then go drive around the three car shops. That or get a modded Sandking in Sandy Shores across the street from the car shop. Another $20k+.

That's the benefit of a Road Captain. When you go to abilities and have a choice to spawn a vehicle (Buzzard, Slamvan, Beetle, Dubsta), that Dubsta is actually the rare 2. It's matte black as opposed to chrome or gold like the others. Call it up around noon and hit the loop around the LSC in La Mesa. 

FF to 2:00 to see the route. It works all the time during the day. Other than the D2, you'll sometimes get the ruby red Sabre Turbo that sells for about $15k and two other cars that don't sell well but are already upgraded (to a certain degree).

Remember to put a tracker and insurance on your first one though, to use as a bait car for more spawns. 

How many Sultans are you down to? I've got about 30 left. 

• Like 1

I never care, Roast, I figured it was your bedtime anyway. I tried to stop the truck, which was comical, and then a couple of dudes started messing with me and I had to go TCB on their sorry asses. One sent me the helpful advice to "chill." The least he could've done was asked.

• Like 3

Weird shit last night, after stout and I cleared a room we had the city to ourselves to do some MC work. Refilled my supplies, sold my inventory and then swapped to stouts MC. He was unable to get on the computer (swap to a public room blah blah) i dropped out of his, started mine back up and made another successful supply run. Never would let him do anything. 

At least we cleared out the map before we gave up and called it a night. Couple MC's thought they were gonna raise hell. Got sent to hell instead. Ahhh the joys of GTA! 

And robert we'll see you when you get use to working again and your bedtime isn't the time you get home from work. 

• Like 2

Sorry I missed it.  

Matthew's sick - fucking daycare is a giant petri dish - and he's only letting his momma sleep like 3 hours a night, so it's kinda hard to get on and still keep all my body parts attached.  Add do that that I'm sick too, and it will prolly be a few days before I'm back on.

• Like 1

I dove into five dudes in the same motorcycle club before discovering one of them could actually play. This provided me with about 10 seconds of "ut oh" until I looked in the bottom left corner and saw "Melraz is off the radar." OK, I'm goooood. They all had socks to fold a few minutes after that. That was about the most resistance we ran into.

• Like 2

I had an uh oh moment last time I was on.  Ran over some guy who was stationary on the beach.  Barely tapped him and he died.  Figured this is gonna equal easy minigun kills.  Boy was I wrong.  He proceeded to beat me senseless with the marksman rifle.  It was 15-2 by the time I got off that damn beach, and that was including the initial gimme kill I got.

Stout and myself had a grand ole time earlier beatin the brakes off some kids.  2 yellow dots somehow thought it was a good idea to blow up Stout's weed before we could get lined out in a party chat.  I actually got a few decent sniper kills.

A 3rd party started poking around him helping those guys get out of dodge and whatnot.  Eventually the yellow dots must have gotten hungry due to the ass whipping they were taking and left the lobby to go eat or something and the 3rd interested party learned a valuable lesson in minding his own bees wax.  

I got a couple spawn kills on him in a row with the heavy sniper while I was on the mountain up at the airfield north of trevors airfield and he had to have hit the wrong button. 

The 1v1 button.  

Stout proceeded to clean this dudes clock as I watched on through my scope and in short order we had the lobby to ourselves.  

I got to do my weed run in boats (a 1st time in the boats for me) with the help of Stout, then we sold some of Stout's meth in the easiest drug run ever to make some quick money.

• Like 3

The last time I wanted two guys that dead was two guys who blew up my motorcycles with a bunch of my coke in them. They ran into a CEO's office and never came out before leaving the room.

These two (and their helper later) at least got to experience the long arm of the DVDR law. I kept running headlong into getting shot, but dammit, I had blood in my eyes. Meanwhile, Mis had that sniper freakin' barking. It was a thing of beauty. There was a lot of running, then a lot of leaving when they realized the running wasn't gonna do them any good. Sumbitches.

• Like 3

Mis getting the 1:1 invite reminded me of the last time I was on with crew.  I wound up about 40-10 on one dot, but the fun part was that he kept sending me 1:1 invites.  And he had the match duration set to an hour.  Unfortunately, he kept abandoning em, we'd still be in one for 10-15 minutes.  One went on so long I actually forgot we were still in it.  I think Stout and Mis killed him about 609870987345 times.

• Like 2

We kept waiting for him to abandon it, and he didn't for just ages. Funny thing is, after you left, Mis and I went in different directions to fiddle with some MC-type stuff and here this dot came barreling down on me - it was our boy. I got him for a while, but he turned the tables on me and was whipping me pretty soundly when Mis came back. At one point, I sent him a one-on-one request and he didn't take it.

Shew-weee I got the biggon laid to me this morning.  Maxed out on product, no supplies so I had to make a delivery. Found a small room, got the vans (booooo).  Proceeded to have to fight 3 people while trying to deliver.  I made 3/5s of the first truck before I abandoned the sell and went full on fight mode...lost 200k in ...mother fuckers