DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I think they did fix the heavy sniper. I too noticed it was nerfed a short while ago. But, I use it a lot (I'm shit with the marksman), and have noticed it being a one-shot kill again. Along with a semi-buffed AP pistol, which was nerfed earlier this past summer.

Now watch, the update coming out within the next two weeks will negate the corrections and give us the 3 more adversary modes and 63 motorcycles we've all been hoping for. But hey, at least it'll snow again!

2 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I think they did fix the heavy sniper. I too noticed it was nerfed a short while ago. But, I use it a lot (I'm shit with the marksman), and have noticed it being a one-shot kill again. Along with a semi-buffed AP pistol, which was nerfed earlier this past summer.

Now watch, the update coming out within the next two weeks will negate the corrections and give us the 3 more adversary modes and 63 motorcycles we've all been hoping for. But hey, at least it'll snow again!

Being useless with the marksman rifle is apparently a DVDR crew thing.  Melraz is far and away the best sniper on the xbox side, and even he can't hit shit with it.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2016 at 6:58 PM, jstout said:

Lotta people say it's probably accidental and will get fixed next update, whenever that is. I think there's about 10 people who still use it, judging from the times I get shot with the marksman.

EDIT: Went on tonight to try to sell me some drugs and of course I couldn't get anything done - rooms were too big. As soon as I got in my first room, I sold a car and was greeted outside the pay and spray by a dot. I could hear a proximity mine beeping somewhere up the path out of the pay and spray, so I headed in another direction. Dude followed.

Next thing I know, he's became a CEO. I'm like "no, he's not, is he?" and sure enough, Ghost Organization. No clue why he wanted me dead that bad. I threw a wrench in his little plan when I went into passive. Fuck him.

I'm more than a shade tired of that Ghost Organization shit. I hate going off the radar anyway - the only time I don't mind doing it is when it involves taking out a tank - but damn, if somebody's gonna do it to you, you gotta fire back.

Between everyone off the radar and RPGs being used as guns and people killing themselves every time you look at them funny, freemode can veer from "fun" to "suck" very quickly. None of these things are cheating, just tactics, but it still strikes me as taking the fun away from the game by forcing players to play in a certain style or a certain way to keep up with everybody else.

Yeah, ghost org is annoying as hell.  I got hit with that a few times today.  Every time it happened, I just got in a car and made myself scarce for a few minutes.  

These RPG/suicide guys are something else.  Only thing I got for them is go find another room.  I don't mind getting beat, but those tactics are beyond tiresome.  I played a shit ton over the last couple days, and I barely ran into any of those fuckers.  The one or two times it did happen, I just found another room.  Life's too short for that.

I had a tank called on me for the first time in forever today.  Had a bounty on me, and killed some guy that was going for it 3-4 times in a row.  He headed up to the movie theater.  I followed, but I kept thinking surely he ain't gonna do that.  He did, though.  I couldn't get enough separation to go off radar and sticky bomb him, so I just left.  Wasn't gonna give him the satisfaction.  

I got on for a couple more hours tonight, and for whatever reason the competition still wasn't much.  One guy was tough, but he mainly stayed in his stupid insurgent, and left me well alone.  The rest just couldn't do much.  It wasn't like I was playing like some sort of GTA master, they just sucked.

I shot two dots out of an armed Insurgent down by the bus depot, and stole the thing.  Didn't have a gunner, so I figured I'd try to park it in as annoying a spot as I could before the kicked me out.  Decided to go for top of Mt Chiliad.  I made it all the way to Trevor's airfield and noticed a cargobob there, so I figured I'd just use the cargobob to put the thing up there.  Unfortunately, I am the world's worst cargobob pilot, so I spent about five minutes trying to pick the damn thing up without success.  Didn't notice the two original occupants had rolled up on me till they were right there.  I had to hop out and go to work on em.  One bailed after I went up about 15-2 on him.  The higher level one stuck around longer.  It was about 25-6 when he went into passive and ran up to me flipping me off.  Shouldn't have come after me you dumb bastard.

Twice I ran into guys that were so awful I had to look up their level to see what was up.  One was level 3.  The other was 155.  Not sure which one was worse.

Next time there's a few of us on, we ought to try doing that MC club deal where you control a spot and others have to try to take it over.  Nice way to bring the dots to you, plus you get some sort of  toughness bonus.  I tried taking on a club of 2 that were doing that today.  I managed to take over a few  times, but never could get the meter above half full.  The spawns were always right on top of me, and I could never manage more than 3-4 kills in a row.  Did another one near the west side ammunation.  There were 3-4 dots defending, and maybe 7-8 attacking.  We couldn't do shit against them - they were too hunkered down.  Didn't help that the attackers kept turning on each other.

• Like 1

I hopped on for a sec tonight after I got tired of Forza Horizon and landed in a room with five dots in one MC against three in another. One dot had a tank, it was just chaos. I went into passive and took it all in.

I think what bugged me the most about the guy activating Ghost Org so quickly is that it was done so quickly - neither one of us had killed the other yet. For all he knew, he could've dominated me even without using it. It seems like that's something that might be rolled out if you're getting your ass kicked or have a numbers disadvantage or something, not as a first-line tactic when you're first messing with someone one-on-one.

It's like dude was trying too hard. Just because you can whip out all this shit doesn't mean you have to. You figure it'd be more satisfying to see if you can beat the other dot straight up first without going off the radar. Doing that just seems to cheapen it. But there's the whole "what's the biggest dick move I can pull at this moment?" mentality. I'd rather beat someone straight-up than allow them the excuse of saying "dude was off the radar."

8 hours ago, jstout said:

I hopped on for a sec tonight after I got tired of Forza Horizon and landed in a room with five dots in one MC against three in another. One dot had a tank, it was just chaos. I went into passive and took it all in.

I think what bugged me the most about the guy activating Ghost Org so quickly is that it was done so quickly - neither one of us had killed the other yet. For all he knew, he could've dominated me even without using it. It seems like that's something that might be rolled out if you're getting your ass kicked or have a numbers disadvantage or something, not as a first-line tactic when you're first messing with someone one-on-one.

It's like dude was trying too hard. Just because you can whip out all this shit doesn't mean you have to. You figure it'd be more satisfying to see if you can beat the other dot straight up first without going off the radar. Doing that just seems to cheapen it. But there's the whole "what's the biggest dick move I can pull at this moment?" mentality. I'd rather beat someone straight-up than allow them the excuse of saying "dude was off the radar."

That's part of what bugged me about that last rocket man we fought.  He could Mary Lou just fine, but he just wanted to be cheap and keep using rockets.

I'll freely admit to going out of my way to be a dickhead at times, but I don't use those kind of crappy tactics to do it.

Honestly, I think the best way to deal with those fuckers is just to find someplace else to be.  Kind of like how my tactic for roof campers is sometimes just to leave em there and find a different dot to go after.

We're about an hour east of Gatlinburg. It's where everyone from here who can't afford to go to the beach goes on vacation. We've had some smoke here, but that's it.

I usually don't like going into passive to escape a fight, but it seemed like the perfect dick move counter to his ghost org dick move.

I detest passive. I refuse to use it.

I'll use ghost when in the merry griefing spirit, but only when antagonized (mostly ;) ). Aside from my recent CEO work as of late, I only use CEO for when I'll go into combat. Because I know it's benefits will be abused and quite frankly, am content to be a cheap-ass along with the lot of them. 

I am also aware that I'll veer into bloodthirsty heel mode at some points (i.e. ghosty mode, my usual proxies at LSC, teleport when rarely available) during the week, but for the most part, I'm a rather fair player, I think at least. 

On a side note, funny thing at dawn this morning. It's me, and three others in a lobby. I'm not starting anything, doing Headhunter in the city. Two are scattered up north, one fellow doing MC work. The dreaded Dodo around the ocean sell. 

Poor bastard. I left him alone, because I wasn't in the mood (was ready for sleep), plus I don't really attack people solo'ing sales. I hate it, they hate it, it is what it is. However, he's flying the shoreline at LSIA, my yacht happens to be there between the airport and ferris wheel. 

"Throw on the yacht missle protection!", says the devil on my shoulder. "Yeah, do it!", says the angel. Two seconds later, he's dead. I see him bee-line back to Sandy to grab the other plane. One drop, two drop, ZAP. I felt bad, but didn't. 

Then I fell asleep. 

• Like 1

I pretty much only use passive for going away from controller, taking a break to bank money, and tanks - if I can't get clear of em to get a sticky trap set up.  

I did get a pretty good "kill" using passive one one of the rocket men we ran into.  This fucker would go passive, run right up to me, come out and shoot a rocket at our feet.  The second time he tried it, I timed going into passive right, so he just blew himself up and left me standing there laughing.

For some reason, doing proxies at LSC never works for me.  Dunno why.  The biggest cheap tactic I use is proxies/stickies on POVs.  It's an expensive habit.

25 minutes ago, jstout said:

Now I'll proxy up LSC all day long. I just think Ghost Org was made for CEO groups trying to run crates, not as a standard combat aid.

I'd prefer not to use it, but it seems I'm left with no choice when everyone else is doing it.

Remember, that if you proxy LSC with all five (each entrance, two in the middle, one in the middle of that alley from that parking ramp entrance next door), to immediately restock via the interactive menu. That starts the infinite glitch. 

Anyways, yeah. It's become a combat thing now. I mean, look at all of the options you have when firefighting as CEO: 

- instant Bullshark drop in front of you 

- Ghost 

- Instant Buzzard (stronger than the regular one) 

- Bribe cops for two minutes, or my favorite, starting Haulage, with no intent on getting the trailer. Twenty minutes with no police bothering you. 

Aside from being Maverick, this seems like the way free roam is going to be on foot. 

17 hours ago, Robert C said:

Being useless with the marksman rifle is apparently a DVDR crew thing.  Melraz is far and away the best sniper on the xbox side, and even he can't hit shit with it.

I'm fine with it, but I don't use it much. My favorite mid-range weapon is the Combat MG, which is the longest range of those, and I can beat most marksman spammers with a heavy sniper at all but the shortest of sniping distances, so there's a pretty narrow range where it's the optimal choice for me.

Only time I'll use passive is for multiple jets-level griefing. And even then I'll see if I can't shoot one down first.

I'm conservative with usage of ghost/OtR, but I'll use it.

8 hours ago, jstout said:

Now I'll proxy up LSC all day long. I just think Ghost Org was made for CEO groups trying to run crates, not as a standard combat aid.

Ghosting and off radar does absolutely nothing when doing any type of CEO or MC work. You're only disguising your dot, your cargo is in plain sight, floating along. 

I hope the heavy snipe works again. Thats my money gun. Cant remember the number of player kills i have with it but its by far the most out of all guns. Hell maybe all others combined. The other night while not doing any damage with the heavy i swapped to the marksman and killed a couple dudes. Only took 142 shots a piece. I have no idea how the hell i get one shot killed with that bastard of a gun. 

We had a bunch of fires around us. One in the town i live in and quite a few around us. They werent very bad though but the smoke would dalm near choke ya on some days. The biggen was in Gatlinburg. Mrs. Dollys world. A lot of shit got burnt up. Luckily we had rain and all the fires are out. 

• Like 4

I've been on this stupid kick to get as many kills as possible since I realized how close I was to 25K.  Dunno why, but that's the way it is.  

Got on for just a bit last night, figuring I'd just sell a car and take off.  That was before some level 40 dot who thought he was Burt Reynolds kept coming up to me and honking.  The 3rd time he did it he ate a sticky, then get spawn sniped.  I figured he'd had enough, so I grabbed a car to sell and took off.  The game has a sense of humor, though, so I picked up a bounty.  I've never tried hopping a train with a bounty, so I figured I'd give that a shot.

Somebody flew up my ass in a Buzzard before I could find the train, so he had to eat a heat seeker.  Then Burt rolled up while I was pinned under a car in the freeway outside town.  Mary Lou took care of him, and then one of those MC club control the area things started.  Those are like catnip for me, so I had to haul my ass clear across the map for that.  They were in that spot north of the west side Ammunation, which is damn near impossible to conquer.  There were a few other dots attacking along with me.  I was gonna give those guys a pass till one of em shot me in the back after I ran past him.  Then it was open season on everybody.

After a minute Burt rolled up again.  He tried to run up my back twice in a row and got shotgunned for his troubles.  Then he came up some stairs and ate an RPG.  I found a roof to go up on, and went to work with the sniper.  For some reason, the defenders couldn't find me for about 10 minutes, so I was able to take em all out a bunch of times.  Throughout that, Burt kept trying to get to me.  Every 30 seconds or so he'd come out of cover, or get up on my roof.  Then I'd mutter "Goodbye Burt", and shoot  him in the face.  Poor little guy never did get me.  

We failed to control the area, of course, but it was worth it.  15 minutes game time, about 50 kills, and full white to full psycho.  This game is fun when it works out in your favor, and there's not some RPG spamming marksman rifle shooting asshole killing you dead every 30 seconds.

• Like 2

Had to do a team deathmatch for a daily objective today. A pox upon the house of anyone who locks a deathmatch to a first-person view. I joined via phone, so I didn't know this until I started the deathmatch. Can't take that first-person stuff.

• Like 1

Y'all read about this next update? It sounds both ridiculous and ridiculously expensive, like CEO on steroids. I dunno if it replaces or augments your existing garages, but you can have 60 cars of storage space in your CEO office, with your own mechanic. If it augments, that means you could store 120 cars and 10 motorcycles total.

Also sounds like just tons of new cars and cars modifiable at Benny's. Coming out before Christmas. Rockstar ain't stupid.

• Like 1