DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

On 11/21/2016 at 9:36 PM, melraz09 said:

Dalm bro that sucks. Hope everybody gets better quick mane. 

Id say my next online date will be thanksgiving. I may be the only person online. Boss lady has to work that night and im actually off so i will try to find a dot to beat with a turkey leg. 

Looks like it might be you and me.  We put thanksgiving off to give everybody time to get well, and I'm skipping the annual family shootout Friday, so I got nothin to do except watch my Aggies get the crap beat out of em by LSU.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GojiColin said:

Is it possible for PC players to join the DVDVR crew?

99% sure you can

EDIT - Okay, I saw your think and clicked on "invite to crew" so I think you should be good

Melraz, Stout and I ran into the worst K/D nurse I've ever seen Thanksgiving night.  He'd do all the standard stuff those fuckers do - kill himself as soon as his health was low, kill himself any time he was in a bad spot, etc.  But he had a trick I've never seen anybody else do.  He'd shoot a rocket at us and then immediately fire a second one at his own feet.  Half the time he'd be dead before the first rocket hit.  After he killed himself 3 times in a row on spawns, we said fuck this and took off for greener pastures.

We generally found them, capping off the night with the worst Hydra pilot in history. He was great - usually "I bet he's getting a jet" is met with dread, not excitement. I was standing on top of a car on top of a parking garage daring him to shoot me, but alas...

Night had its moments of "dammit," but was mostly not half bad.

Got on for a bit by myself last night.  Wasn't too long, but it was eventful.

First room had the best damn buzzard pilot I've ever run into.  Normally I don't even worry about buzzards - I actively go after em to shoot em down.  It was a mistake this time.  After 6 straight kills in about a minute and a half, I bowed my head because I knew that I'd been beat.  Then I got the fuck out of there.

Second room was much more fun.  Ran into 3 dots down by on the very south end of the beach.  Sniped em out of their shoes a bunch of times.  Went full psycho in about 10 minutes.  The three became four, but that didn't help em any.  They didn't get away till I had to go passive to go take care of something.  Ended up running into em a couple more times later on, and it didn't go any better for em then either.  Only other eventful thing was the time I went away from controller and came back to find a level 26 punching me.  He paid for that.  Repeatedly.

• Like 3

Came back to LS last night after a nice break, got a couple of semi-full, but relatively quiet rooms.  Was nice being able to make about $140k unhassled by idiots.  (I think they were busy themselves selling product of their own.)

After last night, I think jet boy has been surpassed by guy who shoots rockets at his own feet constantly in the list of folks to avoid.  Next time we might as well save ourselves the frustration and find a new room.

Rest of the night was fun, though.  

I managed to pass it the other day, finally, after finding an alternate route than the one we kept taking. Luckily, I got it right before the new one popped up.

This one doesn't actually look too bad. It looks like a pain, but I dry ran it. Seems passable. 

5 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

I dont remember jetboy, that must have been after I tapped out at 2am est cuz im an old pussy.  Bxboy whipped my ass good though...

Right after you left we kicked off a giant scrum east of the mall.  Then it turned into a giant scrum around Eclipse Towers.  That finally devolved into us vs. some level 1400 CEO green dot.  He liked rockets.  And Mary Lous.  And the crap sniper.  And jets.  And going off radar a whole lot.  But mostly rockets.  Especially shooting em at his own feet.

Lotta people say it's probably accidental and will get fixed next update, whenever that is. I think there's about 10 people who still use it, judging from the times I get shot with the marksman.

EDIT: Went on tonight to try to sell me some drugs and of course I couldn't get anything done - rooms were too big. As soon as I got in my first room, I sold a car and was greeted outside the pay and spray by a dot. I could hear a proximity mine beeping somewhere up the path out of the pay and spray, so I headed in another direction. Dude followed.

Next thing I know, he's became a CEO. I'm like "no, he's not, is he?" and sure enough, Ghost Organization. No clue why he wanted me dead that bad. I threw a wrench in his little plan when I went into passive. Fuck him.

I'm more than a shade tired of that Ghost Organization shit. I hate going off the radar anyway - the only time I don't mind doing it is when it involves taking out a tank - but damn, if somebody's gonna do it to you, you gotta fire back.

Between everyone off the radar and RPGs being used as guns and people killing themselves every time you look at them funny, freemode can veer from "fun" to "suck" very quickly. None of these things are cheating, just tactics, but it still strikes me as taking the fun away from the game by forcing players to play in a certain style or a certain way to keep up with everybody else.

• Like 2

Cracked the 600 level this morning, after a lengthy session. Lucked out last night by self-lagging out a lobby so I could be at peace in public, as I intended to sell all of my full MC warehouses. Fully expecting, as usual, people would slowly join. Well, none of that happened. 

I spent most of that time doing CEO missions instead, which I had forgotten were quite lucrative when solo'd. Especially Headhunter, which has the shortest cool down and highest payout. During longer cool downs, I'd swap back to MC, do a mission and retire before a raid. 

After a while, I had finished up an MC and quickly retired to go CEO. I must've beaten LJT to the punch because as I became CEO again, that little stinker calls me because the cops were raiding my coke stash. I wish he wouldn't call me at my other job, moonlighting as a CEO.

So, anyways I had to go protect and retrieve supplies for something I wasn't even apart of. Saved the staff and then went back to CEO work. One Hostile Takeover later and I'm 600. Solid session all around. Made $6 million in lobby work, without having to sell warehouses, and ranked up twice. 

I also have no life. 

TjnlFK0.jpg

TnigTzN.jpg

• Like 2

Damn that's a lot of money for one day.  I doubt I've made that much in the last year.  At least legitimately.

Gonna miss the daytime dots since I start back at work tomorrow.  Got on to give em a farewell earlier.  Ran into a MC club of 7 guys.  Destroyed a MC club of 7 guys.  They had no answer for anything I did.  Gonna be hard adjusting back to nighttime dots that can actually play.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2016 at 7:58 PM, jstout said:

Lotta people say it's probably accidental and will get fixed next update, whenever that is. I think there's about 10 people who still use it, judging from the times I get shot with the marksman.

EDIT: Went on tonight to try to sell me some drugs and of course I couldn't get anything done - rooms were too big. As soon as I got in my first room, I sold a car and was greeted outside the pay and spray by a dot. I could hear a proximity mine beeping somewhere up the path out of the pay and spray, so I headed in another direction. Dude followed.

Next thing I know, he's became a CEO. I'm like "no, he's not, is he?" and sure enough, Ghost Organization. No clue why he wanted me dead that bad. I threw a wrench in his little plan when I went into passive. Fuck him.

I'm more than a shade tired of that Ghost Organization shit. I hate going off the radar anyway - the only time I don't mind doing it is when it involves taking out a tank - but damn, if somebody's gonna do it to you, you gotta fire back.

Between everyone off the radar and RPGs being used as guns and people killing themselves every time you look at them funny, freemode can veer from "fun" to "suck" very quickly. None of these things are cheating, just tactics, but it still strikes me as taking the fun away from the game by forcing players to play in a certain style or a certain way to keep up with everybody else.

That's one helluva edit, stout.

• Like 2