DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

21 minutes ago, jstout said:

My privacy settings are fixed, I hope. I was in a room with you guys briefly, then got dumped out and said "fuck this."

Servers have been awful the past few days. Ever since the first dupe glitch, they've been hot fixing them every day, because somebody comes up with a new workaround. That, and the fact the servers are getting overloaded trying to save all of those glitched Sultan RS's.

It has to be screwing them up since they're initially Faggio's, only to get numerically swapped in the coding to a different car. Add the fact that people, like myself (I only did 33) have basically been doing runs of 30-40-50 cars to store as bonds. So that's a massive overload too. 

They also hot fixed the indestructible Pegasus glitch. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. 

XBOX Live was having problems in general - I couldn't get onto Overwatch so I finally checked the online status and tons of people were reporting they couldn't connect or had limited service

Dutch guy: "You're just a pussy who hides on roofs"

Me: "Am I?"

Dutch guy: "You're back on the roof already!"

Me: "Am I?"

Dutch guy: "I'm climbing the ladder right now, I'll show you".

Me: <pops out from behind the wall I was hiding behind, shoots him dead> "Guess again, dickhead!"

Got to be special kind of idiot to be actually climbing a ladder while telling the guy you're fighting that you're climbing a ladder, anyways. Then his hacker friend made my guns disappear. Then brought them back when I said I'd reported him, only I suddenly had every gun in the game, but none of them had any mods on, or tints.

Lots of complaining online that everything is completely FUBAR on XBox One. Game crashes, no one can play together, etc. Tonight was a complete disaster for me. Lots of one-person rooms, can't join anybody, crashes, hangs when trying to start races, all that good stuff. Everybody's blaming the Bikers DLC.

8 hours ago, jstout said:

Lots of complaining online that everything is completely FUBAR on XBox One. Game crashes, no one can play together, etc. Tonight was a complete disaster for me. Lots of one-person rooms, can't join anybody, crashes, hangs when trying to start races, all that good stuff. Everybody's blaming the Bikers DLC.

It's a shame all of you XBO guys aren't on PS4. We never really have that problem over here. Besides that, we could lay down some brake beating on some fools. 

I really haven't had any problems with GTAO since I started playing again last week...

Well...aside from night before last when I went to sell my product and I was locked in a loading screen after I clicked sell in LS twice in a row.  

First time I chalked it up to the game just being gta, quit out and restarted, 2nd time I just said fuck it and rolled with it...

Luckily I had Damien and another guy (but he was nearly useless) with me .  They had to deliver the stuff in trash trucks.  I shit you not, I was at a black screen with the little circle thing rotating in the bottom right hand corner of the screen for 20 plus minutes while they delivered the stuff, Damien had enough time to make 5 drops in one trash truck  from north of the big lake to down south in LS, get on a bike and drive back to McKenzie airfield, pick up the other truck, drive back down south to LS,  and make 3 more deliveries before his buddy completed his  initial 5.

Once it was done, I was still locked in a loading screen, in limbo between inside the grow house and outside.  I ended up having them kick me from the room. Still made 1/4 mil though, if it'd fucked me, I probably wouldn't play the game anymore.

Some sumbitch in a Hydra blew me up and then immediately crashed, so I went to extract my revenge and Allah Akbared him out of his shoes while he was trying to get into another Hydra. I then shot him down while he was trying to take off in a third Hydra, and me and some other dude also proceeded to sit there and snipe the guy out of his shoes every time he made a move toward the helipad to grab another Hydra. Jet boy eventually left.

Sick of these dudes grabbing Hydras, dying, grabbing another Hydra, dying, grabbing another Hydra, dying. I think the Mayor should proclaim Los Santos a no-fly zone, hook or crook.

• Like 2

Looks like there's a new free money glitch for the motorcycle club.  It has to do with switching characters and ownership of the CEO office.  Haven't tried it out, but this one looks even easier than the car duplication.  

They really screwed themselves with the motorcycle club stuff.

Took me a second to find clear instructions, but that one is easier than the duplicating glitches because you don't have to really do anything. Click a button or two, wait for the game to load, click a button or two, wait for the game to load. No driving, blowing up, modifying, calling for Faggios, none of that crap. Hunt around se7ensins.com for details, including, I'm sure, whether it's still working or not.

Yeah, for now, I meant for anyone who ambles across this later. I've read conflicting reports about how the glitch works and I'd hate for anyone to lose money on a patched glitch if upgrades are required. I got some really foggy instructions at the start and couldn't get it to work. I made some upgrades and got better instructions, and I can't tell if the upgrades or instructions caused the glitch to start working for me.

But for now? Geez, this is like taking candy from a baby.

You're not kidding. This, stacked with all of those Sultan RS bonds I have saved for a rainy day, are netting me some good coin. 

**patched** 

It was fun while it lasted. Upped my bank account to $153m+, without having cashed in my Sultans. Good deal. RIP day-old glitch. 

Nicely timed, this was. Fell asleep and woke up with a text about it. Hopped on, reluctant at first because I wanted to keep Lady Petrol's dunce cap. Found out on a gamble I wouldn't lose it doing a character swap, so I went to town. 

I entered into the glitch a bit late. I went from $49m to $153m in about three hours. Seinfeld audio in one ear from a friend's mic in party chat and GTA in the other. Nice way to start a Sunday. 

Also, since finding out that I wouldn't lose my cap, I sold every car on my retired original character while I had the chance, since he's done for good. RIP Mr. Petrol (officially at 444), best of luck on your future endeavors Lady Petrol (at 567, and counting). 

Made a nice profit. Also sold all of his properties for two-car garages (cheapest props for reimbursement). So yeah, with that and my 33 Sultan RS's collecting dust (on LP CB), I've got a nice nest for the time being. 

On a side, I had completely forgotten what my original character looked like till I swapped back and forth for that glitch. It had been since February that I'd employed his efforts to do anything until this money making adventure. 

cNGMSZF.jpg 

He was killed on his way back to his home planet. 

• Like 1

I got to $50 million (with 11 stashed Sultan bonds) before the need for sleep became too great, dagnabbit. Of course, I have no real clue what to do with $50 million, but it's nice to have around.

Everybody was figuring that R* wouldn't patch this until Monday, with it being the weekend and all, but they patched the most recent duplication glitch on Sunday evening Eastern last week. They've got someone on call to handle these kinds of things.

That one was ridiculously fun and lucrative.

Next time one of these things pops up, just leave your game turned on with GTA still running.  That will allow you to keep running the glitch till your game crashes or you shut it off.  You don't have to stay in GTA online, just don't exit the game itself.

I kept doing the original car dup glitch for two days after they patched it using that approach.  Course, I wasn't smart enough to turn mine on last night to take advantage of this one.  

It was a hoot last night watching three or four players at a time leave rooms every little bit as people were switching characters. I'd see the same names pop up several times. People online who didn't know what was going on had to be wondering what was happening.

Yeah, it was funny loading into a lobby and seeing "so and so left" multiple times, knowing damn well everyone was doing the same thing. It was like an eerie calm presided over Los Santos for a few hours. 

Everyone put down the guns and decided to make money ASAP.