DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

28 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

I don't know why it wouldn't let me post the screen shot with Nate on here...but whatever its 6am

zdFSDE4.jpg 

There you go. It's best to upload screenshots and Social Club photos to Imgur first, then post. 

• Like 1

I'm enjoying these MC missions for the time being, but for fucks sake, I'm getting my ass beat in that damn fist fight at Tequila. So, I'm on the cusp of filling up my four ops. Coke, counterfeit money, fake ID's and weed. Needed three "steal supply" missions to cap off my weed stash. Holy hell, two were the goddamn Tequila mission. I've gotta stop solo'ing these things. 

Getting into a fight as Lady Petrol against a bunch of angry bikers armed with pool cues and knives is not a fun task. At least one of the times I did it, I managed to KO the first guy I saw, who happened to be the one carrying. Other times, it was like being Daniel Puder and stuck fighting Benoit, Holly and Guerrero at the Rumble. 

• Like 1

I hopped on real quick, searched around until I found a small room, sold the remaining amount of my stock and shut that shit down and got the hell out of Dodge. Thankfully, you can restart it at any time and aren't out any money. But if it did poof into thin air and I was out my nearly 1 million for the business, I was ready to say "screw it" and eat the loss.

Shit gets old, quick. You're momma bird and the business is baby bird, always looking for a worm. I was just running one business and it felt more like work than my real job having to run around all over the got-dang map fetching this or that (and Petrol, you're right, that bar fight one is brutal - I must've died 10 times, at least - thank God I was in a room by myself). Then after all this flying around all over the map and doing whatnot to get the supplies or deliver the goods, they throw you to the wolves of GTA Online with a hearty "come get 'em, boys," so any ol' dickhead can destroy what you just flew around all over the map for and did this and that for and all that shit. Screw that, life's too short.

13 minutes ago, jstout said:

I was just running one business and it felt more like work than my real job having to run around all over the got-dang map fetching this or that (and Petrol, you're right, that bar fight one is brutal - I must've died 10 times, at least - thank God I was in a room by myself).

Every attempt felt like this... 

Hey Robert next time I will be on is Tuesday. If you could sign on so I can put a hatchet in your back. Right between your shoulder blades. If I play like tennessee did though, I'll drop the hatchet mid-swing, trip on it, and land with it up my own ass. The end!

After the hatchet I'll put em up and. 

• Like 3

I'm kinda streaming live to twitch right now...

goddamn my connection is bad

I'm also working on something, hoping to get it up later tonight*

It sucks that my laptop came over on the mayflower, shit would have been done 3 hours ago...fml

*that's what she said

On 10/7/2016 at 11:19 AM, PetrolCB said:

I'm enjoying these MC missions for the time being, but for fucks sake, I'm getting my ass beat in that damn fist fight at Tequila. So, I'm on the cusp of filling up my four ops. Coke, counterfeit money, fake ID's and weed. Needed three "steal supply" missions to cap off my weed stash. Holy hell, two were the goddamn Tequila mission. I've gotta stop solo'ing these things. 

Getting into a fight as Lady Petrol against a bunch of angry bikers armed with pool cues and knives is not a fun task. At least one of the times I did it, I managed to KO the first guy I saw, who happened to be the one carrying. Other times, it was like being Daniel Puder and stuck fighting Benoit, Holly and Guerrero at the Rumble. 

I got that one last night...I thought going into it that it would just be a fist fight...

I was very wrong.  I know one kept ganking me with a broken bottle, I couldn't dodge or anything.  I could dodge the dickhead with the brass knuckles, and the asshole with the broken pool cue...but that cocksucker with the broken beer bottle just had my number.  I finally got through it by busting through the door with a haymaker and luckily hitting the bottle guy and dropping him then curb stomped him twice while he was down before knux and cue could get to me.

Melraz had a ton of problems today, and something I've been wanting to try, but never have, is bypassing the Xbox Live chat and chatting through the game's friends chat function. It's an outside shot, but it's worth trying.

Also, mayor: Do you have a cable modem that goes into the router (two separate units) or are they combined into one unit? Mine is one unit, maybe one foot from the XBox, connected by a network cable. I use wi-fi for the laptop (works much better that way, for some reason) and my phone.

You may have to set up a bridged connection, that might be another thing. Mine's not bridged, but it's connected directly to the cable modem.

Can it be moved without major chaos? Do you have a cable outlet in your den downstairs, or is it a big-ass wire split off from somewhere else in the house?

Edit: Upon further reading, bridging may fix the problem, but it fucks up the wi-fi part of a combination cable modem-wireless router. People who bridge then hook up another wireless router to the modem and skip using the modem's router. I've got a wireless router I never use, but it's pretty old. I still wonder if this is a GTA problem, but I had few problems today.

I have a buddy who was getting horrible speeds using his modem-router combo until he started using another wireless router for his wi-fi, and it started working fine.

I didn't do it because I find dupe glitches tedious, but for what it's worth, it's already been patched. They removed the blue clubhouse vehicle corona that was needed for it to work. 

Meanwhile, the indestructible Pegasus vehicle glitch still works :) . As does the teleport glitch, which is actually insanely useful for MC missions. I didn't do it myself (it's ridiculously complicated), but helped a friend who has it working. Teleport + indestructible tank is a deadly combo, I'll tell you what. 

These two glitches worked out quite well this morning. We quit doing MC work and ended up in a lobby with an unusual amount of 8000-type ranks with fake statistics, not to mention they were the floating head scrubs. Nothing better than griefing the invisible man at his own game. 

Jerk: "What the fuck!? How'd that tank catch up to me!?" 

Me: ::sarcastically:: "Maybe he took it to Benny's." 

Jerk: "And upgraded it with what, fucking jet fuel!?"

I dunno whether this one NEEDS a Sultan that's been Benny's upgraded, but I think it does. Drive Sultan in front of clubhouse. Order Faggio. Mod it by buying a different license plate. Walk out of clubhouse. Get in Sultan, sell it. Call for Sultan again, repeat glitch.