DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

6 hours ago, jstout said:

So ... many ... Mary Lous ... so ... many ... RPGs ... so ... many ... fucking jets.

Los Santos was in a plucky mood tonight, boy. I was in an absolute pickle, just a tight spot, when suddenly "BY GAWD, THAT'S ROBERT'S MUSIC" and I was able to get some daylight.

Then it was a night of ups and downs - mostly downs - except for the deluxe plunking that got laid on The Patriot, or Mr. Patriot, or Captain America or whatever his name was. I Allah Akbared him out of his shoes a few times, but it was with a heavy heart. No, I really enjoyed kicking his ass.

Lowlight was me just STRUGGLING with this Level 50-something (McMurphy) who was just slapping me back and forth while I screamed "no more, sir" until I started to get some momentum on him and he left.

Found out the really good use for VIPs - if you're a VIP, and someone's got you on the ropes 2-on-1, just get some followers and have them come in to even (and better) the odds. Plus it helps if you've somehow rigged the game so that you're Level 8000 and have no body.

Oof.  The jets.  The fucking jets.  I finally decided to try to keep radar lock on em, not fire, and just try to annoy em into submission.

McMurphy should've quit when he was ahead.  He was good with the RPG, but that was it.  Was he really 50 something?  Half his damn kills were RPG kills.

Funeral got pissed off at me because I shot him out of his bulletproof Kuruma, then left a sticky on it, then spawn sniped him.  At least he put a 9K bounty on me.  I sent him a text thanking him for not being cheat and making it a thousand.

I was starting to doubt my life choices when we were in that scrum west of the movie theater.  That was brutal.   I think I finished up on all those guys, but only just.  I really didn't dominate anybody last night.  The skills weren't as bad as I figured they'd be.  I'm still useless against anybody that can work that fucking auto sniper though.  

Did get a couple good kills.  Sniped one guy that I couldn't see.  I was just guessing where he was, since he was out of range.  Plus I did it while I was surfing an ambulance.  Other good one was winning a Mary Lou contest with a flare gun.  Took a dozen Marys, and four hits with the flare, but I got him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jstout said:

I forgot proximity mines existed in one unfortunate death last.night.

Murphy got me with one.  Didn't complain because I had already done the same to him.  

Right before we dropped off, I ran over a guy in the airport during that fly upside down challenge.  He was standing right next to a Harrier, so I left a proximity mine on it.  It got me a kill about 10 minutes later, while I was up by Eclipse Towers looking for Sentinels.

The guy who got flare gunned to death was our boy The Patriot. He had just came out of his apartment on his motorcycle and ate some machine gun fire for his trouble. When he respawned, you were there to send him up in a patriotic display. I caught that from out the window of the sticky-bombed car that was ready to head toward the location of his next spawn.

I thought McMurphy was 50-something (checked on him when noticing what a tough little booger he was), but sometimes the game tells me I'm Level 70 or 80, so ...

I think I was having trouble with auto-targeting - I guess it's harder to auto-target on humans in Freemode than it is AI during missions. Plus I missed about 5,000 suicide bombings last night, those where you're thinking "how'd I not get him?"

You can't win 'em all - asskickings have happened to me many times before and will happen again.

On 9/22/2016 at 2:58 AM, jstout said:
On 9/22/2016 at 11:42 AM, jstout said:

The guy who got flare gunned to death was our boy The Patriot. He had just came out of his apartment on his motorcycle and ate some machine gun fire for his trouble. When he respawned, you were there to send him up in a patriotic display. I caught that from out the window of the sticky-bombed car that was ready to head toward the location of his next spawn.

I thought McMurphy was 50-something (checked on him when noticing what a tough little booger he was), but sometimes the game tells me I'm Level 70 or 80, so ...

I think I was having trouble with auto-targeting - I guess it's harder to auto-target on humans in Freemode than it is AI during missions. Plus I missed about 5,000 suicide bombings last night, those where you're thinking "how'd I not get him?"

You can't win 'em all - asskickings have happened to me many times before and will happen again.

I forgot about fighting good ol' Del Wilkes.  I couldn't believe I actually got him with that flare gun.  I've done that before, but not on somebody that knew how to Mary Lou.

Also forgot those two guys that were level 6000+ in the middle of that scrum.  There was another guy that was 1700+.

I tried to get an allah akbar on a moped, since I found one and realized I'd never done it before.  Just missed, though.  My helicopter attempt missed as well.

I had a front-row seat for that helicopter attempt. You were THIS close. I turned in the two guys who were Level 6,000 (including the one who didn't have a body), but I didn't turn in the guy who was 1,700-plus. Don't know why. I suppose it's possible. Maybe.

I was just on being some VIP clown's associate, and we delivered a ton of cargo while the rest of the map yawned and went about their business. The only person who screwed with us was a guy in a jet who was off radar. I dunno if he shot us down without targeting us, but I never heard the missile-lock noise.

Oohhhh Hell yeah. I'm headed that fuckin way. Had to stop just outta town and drain the main vein mane. Should hit the city inna bout 15 minutes. (or as soon as this Dalm thing updates)

Theres gonna be blood snot and Shit flyin every gat dang where. Just hope it ain't mine. 

• Like 2

It transfers em both at the same time, even though it makes you pick.  Least it did for me.  Try switching characters in game and see if it works.

My lazy ass just woke up from a long ass nap to this.  I'll try gettin on in a bit, and I'm definitely down for later.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Heard on a podcast today they are using GTA to "teach" driverless cars how to negiotiate on highways. 

You heard that on Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me.  You NPR loving libtard.

(P.S. I heard it there too.)

http://www.businessinsider.com/gta-grand-theft-auto-driverless-cars-2016-9

Yo rippa. You need to be on at 2am and we'll be there mane!

Dalm I'm glad there wasn't Good early game in today. All blowouts. I checked on my game download and saw stout playin GTA. I thought I'd give freemode go. Been doin missions and tryin to relearn Shit. 

For the most part ass kickin was good. All but one jet lovin lil sniper lovin bastard. He whooped me arse. 10 or 11 to 3. Oh well. 

Sorry roast I had to turn off the xbox1 to watch my big orange. 

• Like 3

Yeah, I had to split to get ready for work.

Roast, were people voting you out of the session, too, at the end of the Insurgent rampage? That's when you know you're doing your job right. Two Level 9s and a Level 21. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time, poor lil' fellers. Our house. Ours.

• Like 4

Dalm that's awesome. Had me worried first half. Second half was a lot better.  

If anybody is around today I'm gonna try to be on if I don't get called to work by 10 am that is. Probably be doin missions to make up for the 247 cars I blew up yesterday. But will come to freemode If anybody is around. 

Hell fire I just got called in. Should be home around 3pm