DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Here's a fun one I'd yet to discover until tonight - you are much more accurate in blowing the shit out of everything with a tank in first person. I was just randomly blowing away cops after Criminal Damages ended, and holy cow, it's much easier to aim in first person. I also bounced a car down a hill in first person and kinda got dizzy. Generally, first person sucks, but the tank thing was cool.

I also didn't know until tonight that you can start a gang war while in a tank. Needless to say, it didn't go well for the gang.

• Like 4

Oh yeah, first person tank is the de facto. 

I was in a relatively small lobby this morning. About 10-11 people or so. I'm a CEO, trying to get back crates that were raided from my warehouse. Message other CEO, who is across the map fucking off, "CEO truce", because it seemed like they wanted to conduct business like myself. All is well, until I realize upon pulling up to my warehouse that, yep, he's got the same one. No worries. I exit, they spawn out (two of them), so I give them a friendly air-thrust walkabout. They charge and fist fight me. One eats the butt of my carbine, other eats lead. I split the scene back to the city.

For the next twenty minutes they get crushed. Either by my proxy glitch, or because of this other CEO. He comes over and texts me, "Fuck these guys. They're done." 

They ate it and smiled. The rando CEO and I drank a beer, thrusted, and went on our separate ways. You've gotta love this game, it'll piss you off to day's end or sunrise, but moments like that are fantastic. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, jstout said:

Ba-ding: The sound of whooped.

Every time I hear that, I immediately get Sound of Da Police stuck in my head.  Dunno if that's intentional on your part, or if it's just that I'm a million years old and and don't know any music from the last 20 years.

5 hours ago, Robert C said:

Every time I hear that, I immediately get Sound of Da Police stuck in my head.  Dunno if that's intentional on your part, or if it's just that I'm a million years old and and don't know any music from the last 20 years.

WOOP WOOP THAT'S THE SOUND OF THE BEAST 

(Apologies to Melraz. I branch out from Merle and Waylon sometimes.)

• Like 1

Tried that new deathmatch with pickups this afternoon. Some pickups affect the team, some just you. It's the very definition of "there." The last thing they came up with was a tiny twist on a deathmatch. Both were forgettable.

Rage quit - been angry as shit playing video games more lately, not sure why - I shot some guy in the chest at point-blank range six times with an assault rifle. He suddenly blipped from right in front of me to forward and a few steps to the right, shot me, killed me. I know it's lag, but I didn't know if it was "accidental" lag or if he was forcing the lag with a lag switch, but it sure worked for him. I was like "aw, fuck this" and just shut the XBox down.

I guess he could've taken six assault rifle rounds to the chest if he'd had armor on, but who wears armor to a deathmatch? He had a powerup, but it was just making him invisible on the map, no big deal. He was pretty confident, though, came flying up on me.

On 7/2/2016 at 1:43 PM, PetrolCB said:

Free roam is fun. 

Now that's not in the spirit of this thread. The only two allowed responses:

1. A detailed account of how much ass you kicked in freemode.

2. If you're me, a detailed moaning about how much you got your ass kicked in freemode.

• Like 3

Melraz says the online's a freakin' modded mess, but still fun. Him and RUkered would know all the fun to be had. I figure it'd be a cheap enough pickup. Not too interested in the remastered version, but the 360 version should be cheap enough.

I will start a new thread when I get to work but yeah - we all need to be on the same system or this won't work

Of course - I will also laugh if a used copy of RDR costs the same as a used copy of GTAV

Yeah - Mel and I have it for the PS3. Spent many a two beer night killing zombies and playing poker.

I would definitely be willing to buy it for the Xbox if you guys want to play. Been wanting to play through it again anyway.

• Like 1

I'm driving a camper from around Gerald's to my warehouse in North Hollywood. Get down near Moors, see heli coming, I park under and wait for this guy. Dipshit in an owl mask and red leather jacket (how original) slows, turns, dips down to see under the overpass. I introduce him to Mr. RPG. Throw on ghost. Proceed on my way, about 3/4 there and I get a "you're being kicked, improve behavior blah blah" message along my route. 

Drop off the camper, black screen, "you've been kicked". Mind you this is a four person session, I'm the only CEO. So, yeah, delivery went through, but god forbid I defend myself against this asshat. 

Yes, I know online is filled with 75% crybabies, but sometimes it just makes you stop in your tracks and think, "What in the fuck did they think was going to happen?/What the fuck justifies my quick-shot booting from a session I literally just joined?" 

Sixth time I've been booted from a lobby since the CEO update, this time not even being because of free roam carnage.

Classic fodder to reminisce upon. 

#BeatUpWhiteDots

I got booted out of a 3-man room the other day. This whole CEO thing has made people territorial - they just wanna work in peace. I had no intention of screwing with anyone at all. I wanted to get some work done myself, but they don't know that, so out I went. It's unfortunate, because small rooms are a good place to get stuff done, but I understand it. You can't be too careful in a game populated with so many assholes.

I'll be re-visiting Story Mode very soon to finish my 100% Completion playthrough.  I have to find the Stunt Jumps, win one more motorcycle race, complete the Strangers & Freaks bullshit, and beat the story missions.

Saint's Row and Watch Dogs are still in my muscle memory, so it is pretty embarrassing to discover just how rusty I am at simply keeping a car going straight.  Haven't even tried taking Trevor up to Sandy Shores to pilot a helicopter or a prop-job.

I predict this will be a good idea that people will screw up badly in execution.

OMG STUNT JUMPZZZ!!!!!!

Use Adder for best results

RP +++ CASH!!!!!!

They have been hyper-aggressive in pushing new cars lately.

• Like 4