DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It was never about length of time - it was "file size"

The current ME thread is only 66 pages. And that is dedicated to 3 games. This thread is technically about 1.

Every since the new board started - thanks to advice from others (and to help with load time etc...) I try to keep threads way smaller than this.

I will have to search but I don't think there is another thread over 200 pages on the board.

And to answer your original question - the original thread on the old board approximately 180 pages before the board died (I just looked via wayback)

If we're talking file size then I see your point as this thread is not only huge but chock full of video links and whatnot.

• Like 1

Phil, you never played the single player? It's really fun, with a good story and the bestest character ever in a video game. Did you even start playing it and quit? If so, how far did you get?

And if they're still not announcing a new Red Dead, then GTA 6 is probably going to come out in 2021 at the earliest. Jesus, 2021. I'm so freakin' old.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jstout said:

Phil, you never played the single player? It's really fun, with a good story and the bestest character ever in a video game. Did you even start playing it and quit? If so, how far did you get?

I went as far as completing the mission where Michael and Trevor get Michael's daughter from the game show thingy (maybe one more mission after that)

You have to remember - between you dopes playing online and I was still heavy into my ME3 MP addiction, the main story was the least of my concerns

• Like 1

In re-reading the thread - I am shocked it got past 100 pages as about around the 95 page mark - Fresh was trying to get FSW on the 360 so he could troll the regular crew

• Like 2

Oh, what could have been...

I actually reread the whole thing a couple months back when we had a very slow time at work.  The frightening thing was that I could remember 95% of what we talked about.  I can't remember what I did last week, but I can remember a deathmatch we played 2 years ago.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In re-reading the thread - I am shocked it got past 100 pages as about around the 95 page mark - Fresh was trying to get FSW on the 360 so he could troll the regular crew

Two bad things that go worse together. The anti reeces cup. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Did any of the PS people actually end up playing with him?   I know he was in the crew and got booted when he was banned.

Cristobal and AxB on multiple occassions told him to give them his gamertag so they could play with him but he never did.

He would also claim that whenever he played there was never any crew on.

He always claimed he was in the crew - but I have no actual proof of that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Oh, what could have been...

I actually reread the whole thing a couple months back when we had a very slow time at work.  The frightening thing was that I could remember 95% of what we talked about.  I can't remember what I did last week, but I can remember a deathmatch we played 2 years ago.  

Dalm pistols-only or pistols + pickups deathmatches. I'd finally, rarely have one of you sumbitches dead to rights and I'd have to stop and freakin' reload my mur mur mur pistol. I'd have been better off just throwing the thing at you and hoping it knocked you out. DALM GAME HAS IT AGAINST ME~!

EDIT: Wasn't FSW technically a member of this crew, but this was his secondary crew? He had another crew with his buddies that he was a primary member of, IIRC.

I love me a GTA badass. When I play well, I usually mention "man, got lucky there," and someone will always chime in with a "lucky? I could do that blindfolded! I did double of that without really trying." GET GUD, SON~! Show us how big that virtual peen is, big boy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Did any of the PS people actually end up playing with him?   I know he was in the crew and got booted when he was banned.

Ax says he played with them, and that he didn't have a crew tag. Ax is kind of a liar about this game though. Whereas I am actually amazing.

2 hours ago, jstout said:

Dalm pistols-only or pistols + pickups deathmatches. I'd finally, rarely have one of you sumbitches dead to rights and I'd have to stop and freakin' reload my mur mur mur pistol. I'd have been better off just throwing the thing at you and hoping it knocked you out. DALM GAME HAS IT AGAINST ME~!

EDIT: Wasn't FSW technically a member of this crew, but this was his secondary crew? He had another crew with his buddies that he was a primary member of, IIRC.

I love me a GTA badass. When I play well, I usually mention "man, got lucky there," and someone will always chime in with a "lucky? I could do that blindfolded! I did double of that without really trying." GET GUD, SON~! Show us how big that virtual peen is, big boy!

I think me and melraz hated those damn things more than you did.  I want my guns, damnit.  Plus I always knew Dan would sneak up on me in pistol DMs and beat me to death with a wet towel.  

Were you on with me the night I ran into the crew that specialized in pistol only DMs?  Damnedest thing I've seen in this game.  They'd run 5 or 6 guys side by side, all Mary Louing constantly, and mowing down everything in their path.

• Like 2

didnt the thread that shall not be named from the old board have a higher page count than this one? You know, the one where the rock n roll express walked into a room where jimmy valiant was chilling under a table...robert left and ricky stayed.  Something along those lines.

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

Ax says he played with them, and that he didn't have a crew tag. Ax is kind of a liar about this game though. Whereas I am actually amazing.

I never played with FSW. I played with Gonzalez a couple of times, he was the guy who got booted from the crew when he was banned from the boards.

FSW never joined the crew; He eventually (after months of claiming he was in and was just never online when anyone else was (at a time when between the five or six DVDVR people active in the game, and through the magic of timezones, there was basically 24 hour GTA DVDVR coverage)) said he wasn't DVDR and had his own crew with his real life friends. Which seems unlikely*. I was really hoping to get Gonzalez and FSW in the same session somehow, just to see how twattish they would be to each other. But obviously FSW was too pussy for that, and it never happened.

He actually said he never saw the join-up details for the crew. Even though he lived on the board, and they were posted in the thread several times, and were (and are to this day) in a few people's sigs.

Also, the only time I lie about GTA is when a random texts me to say "Are you really a girl?".

* Not the having his own GTA:O crew part. 

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

I think me and melraz hated those damn things more than you did.  I want my guns, damnit.  Plus I always knew Dan would sneak up on me in pistol DMs and beat me to death with a wet towel.  

Were you on with me the night I ran into the crew that specialized in pistol only DMs?  Damnedest thing I've seen in this game.  They'd run 5 or 6 guys side by side, all Mary Louing constantly, and mowing down everything in their path.

I think I was the only one who loved Pistol only death matches. It played to my strengths in gaming of being a total asshole and someone who was willing to take a moment to time a headshot instead of just firing the moment I saw someone.

• Like 1

I had always heard of forums and blogs and all that internet stuff but had no friggin clue what the hell they were. Burke brought me to this place and I haven't shut up since. It has become my bookmarked go to page. I think it took me a year or so to figure out there were other blogs or posts or topics or whatever'en the hell they're called. I miss playin this game. Seems there's always a set back for me gettin a one and jumpin back on. My latest reason is the new harley in the garage (wish I had room for 10)  I'm gonna try to get a one this winter when I can no longer ride the HOG so if this page, blog, thread, post thingy is deleted please start a new one so I won't cry onna daily basis. 

And I usually had to read the forum the next day to see what was done the previous night. 

• Like 2

That got me thinking about how old the thread (and game) is. Remember when something as stupid as trying to get that special Simeon car (remember those) was an invitation to have about seven or so players on your ass, scrapping over what will probably be a maximum of $7,000 profit? Hell, there used to be scraps over regular crates, much less special ones.

The game has changed so much, tactically, with Kurumas and Insurgents and VIPs. They should have a throwback weekend where it's just regular vehicles, Simeon cars and crates. The younger set wouldn't know what to do without their Kurumas.

What's funny is that I stopped playing before the Kurumas were introduced.

God - if I ever get this again it will be like learning an entirely new game

• Like 1

The heists really are a legitimate blast, made much funner if you know everyone and actually don't mind talking to them. It took them forever, but they did a good job with those. I still haven't played the four-person Lamar missions, 'cause it's impossible to get four randoms together for one. Plus the few times I've tried, the randoms couldn't get their shit together.

Is Base Invaders one of the Cargobob-stealing missions? I can't remember which one it is, but I made a rule a long time ago to never play Cargobob-stealing missions unless it's all crew and they all insist.

I thought it was kinda funny that they just now started selling the Cargobob after much whining by people wanting to buy one. I felt like I was a member of the last semi-exclusive club in the game, to have bought one using the buying glitch during the billionaire days. It's also kinda unfortunate that we can buy the special edition cars now instead of having to glitch those like before. It felt cool to have that one muscle car until you realized it was a complete piece of shit, and it felt good to have a motorcycle that was even faster (and even deadlier) than the Akuma, at least until you got tired of crashing and dying.

I wound up buying one of the electric sports cars, but I never use it and it's up there high on the list of cars I'd sell if I had to.

• Like 1